Hi everyone,

The speedo on my Aprilia SR 50 2006 does not move. This is not a mechanical speedometer cable, but rather an electric that connects halfway up from the wheel. There is no obvious breach on the cable. When I turn on the ignition, the speedo needle does not move at all (it is supposed to initiate a test spin). The strange thing is that the odometer still works fine and seems to track correctly. This tells me that the speedo drive sensor at the wheel is fine, and that there is something wrong inside the speedo.

So I disassembled the speedo and tried to look inside to see if i could find anything wrong. I tried moving the needle to see if it was stuck in something, and i tried to disassemble and reassemble the motor that drives the needle. By the looks of it it looked OK, but of course that is impossible to say. Needless to say, the speedo still doesn't move an inch.

So I'm wondering if anyone have had any experience at all with a defect speedometer while the odometer still works? I'm fearing that i have to replace the entire dashboard. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any answers. Cheers