Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 85mm stroke crank, need help

apriliaforum Junkie

85mm crank with stock cylinder, need help

Did a full engine repair for my SR. When putting all together and installing cylinder I noticed.... fudge. THEY SENT ME THE WRONG CRANK WITH 85MM STROKE!

I really do not want to go all the trouble and do it all over again so:

Do they sell some adapters that go under the cylinder, between the block and cylinder I mean?

or

Do I have to order a new cylinder with large capacity.

or

Any other ideas?
    Last edited by Ärräksä; 08-06-2017 at 10:56 AM.
    Aprilia SR 50 R Factory 2009 Silver Crowd
    Aprilia SR 50 2008 Silver Crowd
    Aprilia RS 50 2003 SBK Replica

apriliaforum expert
    you need the spacer or return it.

wich pipe/cyl/carb?
    --- diploma for engine repair in 2012 ---

derbi bullet 2006 - piaggio AC - malossi T.C. half - custom GPS dash - TPR 70CC - topperf crank - vl13 reed and spacer- yamaha rt180 kickstand - giannelli shotV4 - phbg 21mm - doppler mesh top venturi filter

complete wtp volta bmx 2012 - sanko seamless japanese cromoly heat treated and blue printed frame - 21lbs

1992 lt250r suzuki quadracer - maier plastics -chromed shearer pipe - chromed works suspension - ++++++++ - 220lbs

previous vehicles - subaru legacy turbo 1991 - mazda mx6 turbo 1990.

apriliaforum Junkie
    The idea was to make it complete stock. So everything is stock in the motor. I replaced crank, bearings, seals, waterpump, oilpump etc. Hope all for nothing

Feeling quite fustrated and stupid now to be honest. But the difference between the stroke isnt that much when compared to stock so it didnt point out when I installed it. All I did notice that it was much heavier.

Do you have an idea where do they sell them in european stores?

apriliaforum expert
    ok so u got the s6 full circle crank? they have a spacer to make it work on sport cylinders. but perhaps a stock crank will be easier.

i think but you have been here a while allready. why cant you find a scooter parts place with free shipping? what is wrong with the 5 big stores in europe?

just start buying the topperformances parts and post here to get a second opinion. topperf has stock cranks for a decent price maybe 60eur as a guess.

---

topperf has a website and they sell direct aswell.

derbi bullet 2006 - piaggio AC - malossi T.C. half - custom GPS dash - TPR 70CC - topperf crank - vl13 reed and spacer- yamaha rt180 kickstand - giannelli shotV4 - phbg 21mm - doppler mesh top venturi filter

complete wtp volta bmx 2012 - sanko seamless japanese cromoly heat treated and blue printed frame - 21lbs

1992 lt250r suzuki quadracer - maier plastics -chromed shearer pipe - chromed works suspension - ++++++++ - 220lbs

apriliaforum Junkie
    Placed an order on the spacer kit. Hope it works. The crank is motoforce evolution 85mm. Dont know if its full circle.

I would have bought the 87cc tp kit but then i would end up opening cases anyhow cause those bbk need some milling go do on the cases to make them fit.

apriliaforum expert
    ok. so your putting in a new crank/bearings/seals? got the spacer....

what else. cyl/carb/pipe/reed/clutch/vario ?

anyway i feel like perhaps we should discuss your setup...

apriliaforum Junkie
    No need. All stock with complete rebuild.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Except you cannot fit the oem exhaust with a spacer. Just not enough room in the frame when the exhaust port is moved forward. Youd get it to fit if you cut off the first dummy pipe, maybe. This I didnt predict but then again everything affects everything. Luckily I have the LV touring. That fits just fine.

apriliaforum expert
    how much compression does it have. have you tested it? you should find out the psi and squish to finish and choose the correct fuel octane rating. how does all that look?

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by sublunacy View Post
    how much compression does it have. have you tested it? you should find out the psi and squish to finish and choose the correct fuel octane rating. how does all that look?
    I havent run it yet. I had couple of different size of gaskets and the squish is at the level that no way it will hit the head = piston lower than stock on highest position. All tho I felt that the kickstart felt quite a lot harder to move with hand when I tried it after I installed vario cover to make sure it was fine. I do not have a compression tester but nex time I get a day off Ill try to start it, after Im perfectly sure that the oil lines bleed.

I put in a 56 main jet. Stock everything except removed vario ring and leo vince touring. I even put back in the brass restrictor in the carb. Prob. too lean. May need to rejet to 63 or something like that. At least when the brass restrictor was off and bbk was still on that was the perfect size.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Well everything is put together now but theres a slight problem.... it wont start. Doesnt even promise.

It shows spark but i changed the plug anyway. Gas comes to carb. I even tried removing airbox and injected gas through carb but nothing happens.

Im starting to get a feeling that the longer crank has somerhing to do with this all tho what could have changed? Stroke is the same and so is the ignition.

I can feel that the compression is higher than stock or 70cc by kicking the kickstart. Why. Makes no sense.

Maybe something wrong with reeds?

apriliaforum expert
    new crank main bearings will be stiff. beyond that it should start.

----
    secondary compression should be 110-125psi or it needs a change in base gasket thickness.

primary compression cant be tested untill its running. if the peak power is to high or to low in rpms then the primary compression needs to be adjusted with reed spacers
    ----
    then it could be great. maybe better or maybe a little worse than stock< but nothing wrong with the setup as a guess. the increase in case volume will be offset by the high primary comp crank.
    --------------
    so in a few words it should start up. i think you better look at the compression but i assume it would start anyway.
    ~~~~
    i think you should get the matching cylinder if you run out of patience. in the end it makes no sense to put a hpc crank with a stock cylinder. the long rod changes only two little things - testing being the critical factor.

apriliaforum Junkie
    I would change back to stock crank but i didnt want to split the engine again when i noticed it was not stock size.

I agree. Engines want to start but this doesnt. Imo i smell too little gas when cranking. No matter how long i kick or estart it wont fuel the plug.

I pulled off the gas line and it drips. And as i mentioned before a direct splash to the intake manifold would not result even as a try. So im not sure im getting fuel beyond intake. Could it be it wont reach cylinder?

apriliaforum Junkie
    BTW. could I drill start the motor? Battery is now dead and recharging.

Should it be done from the vario site? Take everything away from the crankshaft and spin the heck out of it?

apriliaforum expert
    if you lose patience. setup a fully stock 50cc with a lv touring pipe then get a sport 70cc cylinder. keep the revs at 8-9000rpm for peak power all the way to 50-60mph. which carb do you have?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast