Thread: Tail light

apriliaforum expert northernkiwi's Avatar

Tail light

Hi, the plastic on both the lens and the house is starting to get brittle and break off. Am doing ok on locktite and super glue but Wonder if there is a replacement from another bike. AF1 sells them New for 65 us$ which isnt to bad.
    Current:
    2004 capo - the grey one
    Oberon clutch slave, 4cm extra foam in riders seat, RR back shock , Hagon progressive front springs, 4 techauto coils, AF1 fuel line and metal connectors, both brown connectors replaced with direct wiring, kappa racks and Big Husky 46l cases, hepco becker junior top case,mandatory capo stickers, cbr honda mosfet rectifier. Grant of watford,s map.
    Previous:
    Honda CB 360
    Kawasaki Z1 900
    86 Yamaha xj 900
    knees in the breeze is my only disease

apriliaforum Member Obi-Wan Kenobi's Avatar
    I recently replaced mine with a pattern part off ebay for 17 with bulb and bulb holder included although the seller isnt listing them now, so that doesn't help you.

I'm sure the listing said it suited other aprilias and some moto guzzis too.

This one says it fits the RS125 and RS250 as well as the ETV1000...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8212702-LU...oAAOSwCGVX6~nw

Maybe you can search the part number and see what other Aprilia models it throws up, then search for pattern tail lights for those models too.
    These are not the Droids you're looking for....

Quote Originally Posted by northernkiwi View Post
    Hi, the plastic on both the lens and the house is starting to get brittle and break off. Am doing ok on locktite and super glue but Wonder if there is a replacement from another bike. AF1 sells them New for 65 us$ which isnt to bad.
    AF1 show a 6-8 week backorder on the tail light assy. I hate to say it, but you could very well wait 8 weeks, only to find that the part is no longer available. It's happened that way to me on several parts already. BTW, don't get Loctite anywhere near plastic parts, unless it's the new stuff designed for plastic. Regular Loctite (all grades) makes plastic brittle and causes it to crack...

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    This one says it fits the RS125 and RS250 as well as the ETV1000...http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8212702-LU...oAAOSwCGVX6~nw
    Unfortunately, that's the number plate light, not the tail light.

Quote Originally Posted by northernkiwi View Post
    I was also wondering about this Greg....my partner Liz rides a BMW GS800 twin which has a nice looking LED rear light cluster, when my Capo rear light finally cracks beyond repair I'll be looking to maybe adapting one to fit...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-R1200-...#ht_2121wt_954

Or

If you prefer a more standard looking Capo unit...what about this & far cheaper too...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/E-mark-Mot...4588wt_2577417
    Last edited by BigSteve; 03-17-2017 at 07:45 PM.

(2003 Infinity Blue Capo) - Leo Vince x3 Cans/K&N Air filter/Snorkle-less/Catfish Map/ZX-6R FH016 Mosphet Rectifier/Front Coils re-located/Metal Fuel CRC Fixings/Brown Connector-less/Hyperpro Springs F&R/Rear Hugger/R&G Heated Grips/Krauser Alloy Panniers/Givi G45 Box/BMW GS1150 HandGuards with Touratech Extensions/Kawasaki Z1000 Mirrors/CREE LED's/Wilks Raid Rep Sump Guard & aprilia Crash Bars + Lots of Stickers..

(2000 RSV Mille Gen 1)Moto GP Rep..

(2004 BMW R1150 RT) Bog Standard at the moment ..

(1990 Kawasaki ZZ-R 1100C1)Standard apart from Remus Innovation S/S Full System, Double Bubble Screen, ZXR750 full lift Carbtops & RenTec Rack+painted barends & a few fasteners..

apriliaforum expert northernkiwi's Avatar
    thanks guys looks like there area few options, i suppose were gonna have to have to use ad hoc fixes in the future. just getting the bike ready for the New season and changed a bulb, the housing plastic has cracked a couple of years back and then the inside of the lens. Got it patched up With something called loctite Power glue in the screw holes. Appreciate Your loctite comments stu but it seems to have gone Beyond protecting it from brittle.
    Current:
    2004 capo - the grey one
    Oberon clutch slave, 4cm extra foam in riders seat, RR back shock , Hagon progressive front springs, 4 techauto coils, AF1 fuel line and metal connectors, both brown connectors replaced with direct wiring, kappa racks and Big Husky 46l cases, hepco becker junior top case,mandatory capo stickers, cbr honda mosfet rectifier. Grant of watford,s map.
    Previous:
    Honda CB 360
    Kawasaki Z1 900
    86 Yamaha xj 900
    knees in the breeze is my only disease