Thread: Self canceling turn signals, anyone?

Self canceling turn signals, anyone?

No, I thought not. But just in case, check out the ST2 system offered at www.safer-turn.com. The magazine I write for asked me to test one of these on an old Wing. Haven't tested yet on the street, but the install was fairly easy. Made in Slovenia, they're 149 euros with free shipping.

Watched install video don't like the scotch lock bits to cut into loom there a crap and more trouble than it's worth

Quote Originally Posted by haga lout View Post
    Watched install video don't like the scotch lock bits to cut into loom there a crap and more trouble than it's worth
    Agreed, and I'd never use that method. But I understand they can't make a custom plug & play harness for every conceivable make and model, or they'd have to triple the price. I used OEM Honda connectors to make a custom harness for this old Wing, so the device simply T into the original switch connector with no cutting or Scotch Locks. Most home made wiring jobs are butchery, so the installation is likely to be the biggest issue with this product, as with most other electrical farkles.

Meanwhile, this bike hasn't been started in almost a year, so that's today's project before I can road test the device.
    Last edited by Stu_O; 03-16-2017 at 07:31 AM.

So I test rode the bike in traffic and on the road, and I'm amazed at how well it works. It's not very good at detecting lane changes, unless you swerve when changing lanes. However, it cancels anyway after a lane change due to time and distance. I have no idea how it detects these conditions, but it does work.

My old 40 year old Yamaha has self cancelling indicators as standard...they work well, however I usually cancel them earlier than the electronics on the bike does........for me I'm not fussed about retro fitting on any of my other bikes....

(2003 Infinity Blue Capo) - Leo Vince x3 Cans/K&N Air filter/Snorkle-less/Catfish Map/ZX-6R FH016 Mosphet Rectifier/Front Coils re-located/Metal Fuel CRC Fixings/Brown Connector-less/Hyperpro Springs F&R/Rear Hugger/R&G Heated Grips/Krauser Alloy Panniers/Givi G45 Box/BMW GS1150 HandGuards with Touratech Extensions/Kawasaki Z1000 Mirrors/CREE LED's/Wilks Raid Rep Sump Guard & aprilia Crash Bars + Lots of Stickers..

(2000 RSV Mille Gen 1)Moto GP Rep..

(2004 BMW R1150 RT) Bog Standard at the moment ..

(1990 Kawasaki ZZ-R 1100C1)Standard apart from Remus Innovation S/S Full System, Double Bubble Screen, ZXR750 full lift Carbtops & RenTec Rack+painted barends & a few fasteners..