Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do I get more power?

apriliaforum expert
    the next r is a very very good pipe. the clutch dumps will pull harder than all most any other pipe.

---
    as for cylinders - there is only 3 cylinders worth buying i think. the tp trophy 70. the airsal sport 70. s6 streetrace 70 has quality control problems.
    --- diploma for engine repair in 2012 ---

derbi bullet 2006 - piaggio AC - malossi T.C. half - custom GPS dash - TPR 70CC - topperf crank - vl13 reed and spacer- yamaha rt180 kickstand - giannelli shotV4 - phbg 21mm - doppler mesh top venturi filter

complete wtp volta bmx 2012 - sanko seamless japanese cromoly heat treated and blue printed frame - 21lbs

1992 lt250r suzuki quadracer - maier plastics -chromed shearer pipe - chromed works suspension - ++++++++ - 220lbs

previous vehicles - subaru legacy turbo 1991 - mazda mx6 turbo 1990.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Will the airsal sport work well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apriliaforum expert
    thats a good question. a very good question and this is my answer.

the airsal will be better with a variator because it will think the pipe is a little short. so it will have good clutch dump but the power will take a little longer to reach peak power.

the trophy or streetrace have high exhaust port heights with no other changes at all. this has a slight drop in power at the clutch dump but the pipe will reach peak power about 600rpm earlier because because the pipe will act longer than it is. this should get YOU 8200rpm of peak hp. that is good for your variator.

derbi bullet 2006 - piaggio AC - malossi T.C. half - custom GPS dash - TPR 70CC - topperf crank - vl13 reed and spacer- yamaha rt180 kickstand - giannelli shotV4 - phbg 21mm - doppler mesh top venturi filter

complete wtp volta bmx 2012 - sanko seamless japanese cromoly heat treated and blue printed frame - 21lbs

1992 lt250r suzuki quadracer - maier plastics -chromed shearer pipe - chromed works suspension - ++++++++ - 220lbs

apriliaforum expert
    soo it looks like the tp trophy and a clutch will do it! i guess that worked out ok for you. tp has a clutch too but i dont know the engage rpm. i think it is a stock replacemennt 2000rpm clutch but i really dont know.. motoforce has a cheap clutch aswell but again i dont know the rpms.....all the others seem to be racing clutches and there is no option to tune them to 5000rpm / they take care of the crowd that need the 6000-8000rpm clutch dumps.

either way post a video of it hauling ass please and find a 10 peice mainjet kit so you can jet it. done

apriliaforum Member 2Strokesforlife's Avatar
    That's weird, I rode my bike for a whole summer with the yellow Malossi clutch springs, stock clutch, stock clutch bell, stock belt, stock variator, 5 gram rollers, had a 6,000 RPM engagement point and I could cruise all day at 50 MPH with no slipping.
    2009 SR 50 Factory
    Malossi 70cc BBK
    Malossi HPC Crankshaft
    Stage6 Waterpump Impeller
    Arrow Extreme Pipe
    Malossi VL 13
    Ecu De-restricted 2.8.0
    6 Gram Dr. Pulley Sliders
    Water Trap
    RS 24/10
    Stage6 260mm Front Brake
    Stage6 Torque Control MKII 107mm
    Stage6 R/T Clutch Bell 460g
    Malossi Special Belt
    Malossi E5 Air Filter
    Stock Gears Installed

apriliaforum prov-nov
    What do you mean with a variator? You said to buy the airsal sport, box of jets, springs and 5g rollers?

apriliaforum expert
    [QUOTE=2Strokesforlife;4211133]That's weird, I rode my bike for a whole summer with the yellow Malossi clutch springs, stock clutch, stock clutch bell, stock belt, stock variator, 5 gram rollers, had a 6,000 RPM engagement point and I could cruise all day at 50 MPH with no slipping.[/QUOTE/]

well its not weird to have respect for your machine. i would not want to cruise in slow traffic with clutch springs. if you could give complete pros and cons then i think you have a sound arguement. but just labeling springs as no problem is contidictory to getting help in the first place.

I LIKE HAVING YOUR 2ND OPINION - this sounds like im picking on you....

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeMan1 View Post
    What do you mean with a variator? You said to buy the airsal sport, box of jets, springs and 5g rollers?

no not the airsal. not with that pipe.

------
    trophy 70 or a s6 streetrace 70. you need clutch springs or a malossi fly clutch. also need jets for the carb.

------
    done.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    But you said before it would all work with my pipe I have now

apriliaforum expert
    i guess i did say that but i take it back to simplify. you should read some bbk installs and when you feel confident go for it.

their are people here to back u up when you need it.

snipez and 2strokesforlife and jog plus some up and comers will help / but your responsible to see it thru. we cant come over a try try a bunch of stuff....

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Yeah just don't have huge amount of funds to spend

apriliaforum expert
    grab some springs then and wait till summer for the 70cc. are you in school? dont mix scooter tuning with school. you likely to fail at one or both lol

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Yeah I Am haha

apriliaforum Member 2Strokesforlife's Avatar
    That was the 50cc setup, before I crashed and wrecked my knee (the turn lane was full of sand and gravel). Clutch springs, a de-restricted pipe, and rollers made it a fun and pretty quick bike for a 50. A little jumpy with the yellow springs when riding in the city, which is why I suggested the white (one step softer). At 70cc, a new clutch, heavier rollers, better belt, reeds, and crankshaft were needed. Among the other little things that suck money out of your pocket. I've done my fair share of experimenting with different transmission setups (rollers, clutch springs, variator adjustment washers) and then there are the things that are DiTech related. Some worked, some didn't. And don't worry, no offense taken, I may still be a little new to the forum, but I've been working of stuff like this since I was 15 back in '95. Damn, that makes me feel old...Lol!
    2009 SR 50 Factory
    Malossi 70cc BBK
    Malossi HPC Crankshaft
    Stage6 Waterpump Impeller
    Arrow Extreme Pipe
    Malossi VL 13
    Ecu De-restricted 2.8.0
    6 Gram Dr. Pulley Sliders
    Water Trap
    RS 24/10
    Stage6 260mm Front Brake
    Stage6 Torque Control MKII 107mm
    Stage6 R/T Clutch Bell 460g
    Malossi Special Belt
    Malossi E5 Air Filter
    Stock Gears Installed

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I don't have a ditech though, I'm not looking to spend loads of time building it and spending loads on it because come September when I'm 17 and I'll be getting a car and taking my car test and hopefully getting a 125! But for the next 8 months a really want to enjoy my 50 without spending a bomb to make it enjoyable, I just thought I could throw a 70 kit straight on it a couple months ago until I got told I would need a new crank and I gave up with the idea because of without funds!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast