I've had Aprilia SR50 Motard for about 4 moths now. Recently undertaken some modifications in order to produce a more responsive and faster running scooter.
This is what has been changed so far:
1. Variator washer removed and weights adjusted to 4grams each.
2. Clutch springs adjusted and replaced.
3. Stock exhaust swapped with Arrow Exhaust ordered and followed instructions from https://youtu.be/kFr0nwXf448
4. Carburettor restriction plate removed as seen in videos.
5. Jet size changed from 53 to 62 as advised in the video.
1. Scooter seems to be running fine if started well. A little slow on low rpms but picks up quite fasts.
2. Every time scooter starts it runs for 5 secs and shuts off. When trying to start again it wouldnt. If you add a but off throttle it would start but would run like its not having enough air and/or petrol. Carburettor floods and drips petrol everywhere from overflow tube. Sometimes it drips mixture of oil and petrol but not always.
What i've tried:
1. Put a smaller jet of 58 which removed petrol dripping problem but it would stall when accelerating.
2. Replaced air filter with performance one. Problem exists no gain in performance.
3. Taken it to the local Bike shop they put carburettor apart, put it back, charged me a fortune. Problem still the same.
Please any help would be GREATLY appreciated.