Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: my tuono v4 horror story. i need advice.

Quote Originally Posted by MooseMiller View Post
    Never thought of it like that Mike, but yes, you're absolutely right. Although, if you chose NOT to protect your no claims in the above scenario, you would have bumped premium for one accident, with zero NCB so would be screwed even more??
    Can you just imagine all the managers sat around a table with the main topic being ''How are we going to get around this Protected No Claims Bounus thing, it must be the worst thing we ever invented''.............................I guess you could say the protected NCB was also a 'con' as well, they probably worked out they would make more money by offereing (selling it) than they lost by the redued premiums after a payout..otherwise they wouldnt have introduced it in the first place

The whole insurance thing needs a shake up..........................renewel quote this year MCE for TV41100F and R1M..............850, it dropped to 780 ish after a quick call, I am lucky in that my insurance date is just after the NEC show, every year I go to the show, sit facing the MCE bloke and this year I came away with both bikes 380 and two free weekend passes for the Oulton Park BSB ......................

apriliaforum Junkie
    Thank you for a great product
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18556821_10211577252259843_7325040197530316250_o.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	333115  

apriliaforum Junkie
    ughhhh

ape seriously stop using $$ in racing, fix your dealer network and put in a new QC manager from Japan

apriliaforum newb
    I'm back, update warrantee company now really trying to settle fast. Unfortunately they are resisting an about $3k short of the quote i now have from dealership. Quote was for a new engine, I'm having trouble finding lower milage used engines. The only one I seem to see used has 20k miles when mine blew up at 13k. Any suggestions where to find a used engine?
    2012 Tuono v4 aprc 12k miles blown engine just happened Dec.
    2000 zx9r. 55k miles currently a tip to tail check and overhaul

Sitting on a park bench. Eyeing little girls with bad intent. Channeling Jethro Tull.
    Hammer them for the last $3k.
    My Tuono suits me to a "T".
    Thunder!

apriliaforum newb
    I'm back. Finally with months of help with attorneys, I now have a settlement agreement. Not exactly the cost of a new engine and install (quoted $10k) but enough to do something with. I don't see many tuono v4 1000's, or used engines for sale. Is there any way to get a rsv4 engine to work if it comes with an ecu?

apriliaforum newb
    I couldn't get that last amount for the new engine because of a clause that states if the repair cost more than nada current value, they only pay current value. I wish i had the right attorney and the mental strength to have fought this farther but i don't. 7800 out of 10k it seemed was the best i was going to do. Then subtract $500 of it to pay the outstanding invoice to pick up my tuono rolling frame and a pile of parts that was my engine and accessories. It's such a sad thing

apriliaforum expert
    I wouldn't bother trying to put an RSV4 engine in it, just get the 1100 engine instead, it's better for road use.

apriliaforum Member johnnyjellybean's Avatar
    Am I missing something here? Can't you get a complete bike for the amount of what they are willing to settle for?
    I paid $6800(usd equivalent) for my bike with only 900 miles on the odometer
    2013 Tuono V4
    2011 Ducati Monster 796 modded
    2007 Harley Streetbob 120RWHP/120RWTQ

apriliaforum prov-nov
    After reading threads here you're probably better buying an 1100 than another suspect model year.
    1290 SD
    the BEAST

just another Aprilia fanatic amauri's Avatar
    Here's a low mileage 1100 engine on ebay for a good price.
    All you need to complete the swap is the HW310 ECU, also from the same seller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-APRILI...19.m1438.l2649
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-APRILI...MAAOSwvfZZ-KHw

Looks like the auction ended but didn't sell.
    Contact the seller and see about a package deal.

BTW, I have no ties to the seller and know nothing about them.
    Never accept mediocrity, always demand competence.

Certified Aprilia Moto Service in Southern California
    Call me at 714 892-4056 for appointment

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyjellybean View Post
    Am I missing something here? Can't you get a complete bike for the amount of what they are willing to settle for?
    I paid $6800(usd equivalent) for my bike with only 900 miles on the odometer

Damn! I thought I got a good deal. I paid $9,000 cash for a '14 with 440 miles on the clock. It was less than a year old and the identical '15 models were on the showroom floors by then. No 1100 yet. Seller was a tech guy with too much money. Bought the bike outright and sold it for a huge loss when he needed to raise down payment on a house. He wanted $10,000 but on the phone I told him I would make the two hour drive and pick it up without any BS'ing and he agreed. Didn't even test ride it. Paid and rode off.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by the sofa king View Post
    I couldn't get that last amount for the new engine because of a clause that states if the repair cost more than nada current value, they only pay current value. I wish i had the right attorney and the mental strength to have fought this farther but i don't. 7800 out of 10k it seemed was the best i was going to do. Then subtract $500 of it to pay the outstanding invoice to pick up my tuono rolling frame and a pile of parts that was my engine and accessories. It's such a sad thing
    you can find 2012 Tuono for less than 7800, if you still consider buying Aprilia. I would sell whatever is left for parts and move on (probably to a different brand if in this price range). These bikes are depreciating by hour. I would not sink more money into it.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by VMCSC View Post
    Damn! I thought I got a good deal. I paid $9,000 cash for a '14 with 440 miles on the clock. It was less than a year old and the identical '15 models were on the showroom floors by then. No 1100 yet. Seller was a tech guy with too much money. Bought the bike outright and sold it for a huge loss when he needed to raise down payment on a house. He wanted $10,000 but on the phone I told him I would make the two hour drive and pick it up without any BS'ing and he agreed. Didn't even test ride it. Paid and rode off.
    6500 2 weeks ago for a mint 5K mile 2013.. still had the warning stickers and the horrible license plate on it..
    2013 Aprilia Touno APRC
    2005 Yamaha R1

Yes but those bikes are proven to be problematic as are the '13 models. '14-'15 has been trouble free except for coolant leaks. I've never had hot restart, stator problems, timing chain tensioner, cam lobe issues, etc that all the -'13 V4's are so well known for and you have ABS to boot. As much as I'd like to have an 1100 the '16 is a one year only bike with major changes for the '17 models and that could spell serious trouble a few years from now if problems develop and parts aren't available. The '17s are too new to know if they have any long term issues. If I was bike shopping today and was set on Aprilia with a limited budget I'd be looking for a low miles '15 in Murder Black.

But that's me. YMMV.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast