Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Euro Hoon "Adventure Before Dementia"

Thumbs up 2017 Euro Hoon "Adventure Before Dementia"

This is to the usual suspects, others will wonder why I am posting this here.

This all started some years back 2006/7 (I think) when we managed to get 10 Tuonos on tour, the trips back then were called AlpsTT (alps Tuono Tour) use search for write-ups and photos..

Anyway, I'm hoping to re-live those days by organising a similar trip this year but I suspect not all will still be on a Tuono or even an aprilia..

The plan is for the week Starting 24th June to stay here https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p1155366a

Overnight hotels there and back will be sorted when I have firm commitment and numbers, as will train/chunnel times and costs.

I think I have managed to reach most by email but if any of the usual suspects are still checking in here please let me know if you're interested.

I reckon I can count on 8 but looking for 10 to keep costs to a minimum..

Cheers, windy.
    Budding Authors, check this out. A friends venture.

http://www.stickybooks.co.uk/index.html

Hi Windy, I'm potentially interested so please put me down on the list. I need to check the dates with work as I will have been on leave in early June and my boss likes to be away for Glastonbury and I may have to cover for him....but the chance of a reunion Alpine Hoon sounds too good to miss, but should I be on the RT or the SP2? Maybe a tow bar on the RT with the SP2 for the twisty bits??
    The man hunched over his motorcycle can focus only on the present instant of his flight; he is caught in a fragment of time cut off from both the past and the future; he is wrenched from the continuity of time; he is outside time; in other words he is in a state of ecstasy. In that state he is unaware of his age, his wife, his children, his worries, and so he has no fear, because the source of fear is in the future, and a person freed of the future has nothing to fear.
    Slowness, Milan Kundera

Watch this: http://www.dailymotion.com/Omen4/vid...t-2006_extreme

Quote Originally Posted by The Dr.Jon View Post
    Hi Windy, I'm potentially interested so please put me down on the list. I need to check the dates with work as I will have been on leave in early June and my boss likes to be away for Glastonbury and I may have to cover for him....but the chance of a reunion Alpine Hoon sounds too good to miss, but should I be on the RT or the SP2? Maybe a tow bar on the RT with the SP2 for the twisty bits??
    You're on the list, I genuinely hope you can make it, early days but it's shaping up as a real hooner reunion trip and with one of our US members joining in the fun it should make for another memorable hoon..

stick me down as a distinct possibility,will do my best to get on it,even if its on a budget bandit,its not the bike that counts,its the company
    the one and only original hairy,any attempts at copying will fail ,
    cause araihead stuck his finger up a woodpeckers hole,

and the woodpecker said god bless ur soul,

pull it out
    pull it out

Quote Originally Posted by hairy View Post
    stick me down as a distinct possibility,will do my best to get on it,even if its on a budget bandit,its not the bike that counts,its the company
    hairy, it would be great to have you along for the ride.. as you say, what bike isn't important, just needs to start and run. Me and Steve did our first ever Euro tour on a couple of naked 600 bandits.. last day we managed 700 miles, most of it in the rain and of course FTM once rode a CB400 (in his wife's pants) and we still let him join us the following year... in fact was that year he went one better and rode naked..??? fuck, that was funny, oh, and never to be seen again FFS

Cheers

windy

Okay I'm in.
    FUCK THE MAGS

Never live the same day twice. (My wife nearly pissed her self laughing when she read my signature line, because she reckons she has never met anyone in the whole of her life who hates change more than me) She does have a point .

Quote Originally Posted by FTM View Post
    Okay I'm in.
    Awesome.. Are you still using your old email address? if not pm me the new one so I can copy you in and keep you up to speed with the plan.

windy

Happy days. We may be a few years older but I'm sure still young at heart.
    BMW S1000XR,BMW C600,Honda Crosstourer Sold, Moto Guzzi Stelvio Sold, BMW 1200GS Sold, KTM 450 EXC Sold, Yamaha TMAX 500 sold, Tuono 1000R Factory, Yamaha WR250F Stolen, Tuono 1000 Fighter Crashed, Aprilia Atlantic 500 Blown up, Yamaha Fazer 1000 Sold, Triumph Speed Tripple 955i Sold, Suzuki GSXR750 Sold, Montessa 305 Sold, Yamaha XJR1200 Sold, BMW K75 Sold after 1 week, Hardley 1200 Sold, Montessa 250 Stolen, Kawasaki GPX750R Sold, Yamaha XJ 600 Crashed, Yamaha RD350 Stolen, Suzuki TS250 Sold, Suzuki GS125 Sold, Suzuki AP50 Crashed Crashed Sold

Still got the Tuono, it's a keeper.

^
    You all appear to be a decent bunch of blokes, which makes me sorry to break the news for you that the body part you mentioned is one of the most likely ones to fail first.

Anyway, I hope to see this one realizing.
    Mille Aarrr -02 & KTM 625 SXC -05
    My riding lines are like Hendrix's solos. Unexpected and always different.

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    ^
    You all appear to be a decent bunch of blokes, which makes me sorry to break the news for you that the body part you mentioned is one of the most likely ones to fail first.

Anyway, I hope to see this one realizing.
    The name of this hoon is a piss take cos we're all getting a little older, as it happens we're all sound of mind, well, if you take out the riding at silly speeds around alpine roads without barriers, other than that we're all in good working order.. Now, if only I could remember where my motorcycle is, I know I left it somewhere safe...

Nurburgring... been, there, done that, got the sticker
    Would have loved to demonstrate the power of the mighty Ducati to you, but as I'm in Spain 2 weeks before on my annual Multistrada meet up I'll have to pass.
    Maybe I can arrange to get up to see Dr Jon and we can arrange a meet up sometime?
    You really only need three things for bike maintenance
    If it moves and it shouldn't - Duct tape
    If it doesn't move and it should - WD40
    ...and if it falls off and you want to reattach it - Cable ties.

Quote Originally Posted by windy View Post
    The name of this hoon is a piss take cos we're all getting a little older, as it happens we're all sound of mind, well, if you take out the riding at silly speeds around alpine roads without barriers, other than that we're all in good working order.. Now, if only I could remember where my motorcycle is, I know I left it somewhere safe...
    Getting older is a drag. I am coming after you... I am sure that I would fit in the bunch given the chance but I am in UK when you are in the Alps... I've met many nice characters of all ages from UK riding a bike. The sense of humor tends to click (i.e. taking a piss at someone... constantly).

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    Getting older is a drag. I am coming after you... I am sure that I would fit in the bunch given the chance but I am in UK when you are in the Alps... I've met many nice characters of all ages from UK riding a bike. The sense of humor tends to click (i.e. taking a piss at someone... constantly).
    Yep, sounds like you'd fit right in.. only it's taking "the" piss, if you were to take "a" piss at someone they'd end up all wet and stinky.. oh wait, some of them already are...

Quote Originally Posted by twin4me View Post
    Would have loved to demonstrate the power of the mighty Ducati to you, but as I'm in Spain 2 weeks before on my annual Multistrada meet up I'll have to pass.
    Maybe I can arrange to get up to see Dr Jon and we can arrange a meet up sometime?
    Keep an eye on the forum, piehead usually organises a good Hoon around the Scottish Boarders, with Woopie Doos and a bike ramp for doing motoX style jumps..

Quote Originally Posted by windy View Post
    Yep, sounds like you'd fit right in.. only it's taking "the" piss, if you were to take "a" piss at someone they'd end up all wet and stinky.. oh wait, some of them already are...
    How can you be sure a certain Mr. Mosley was not involved.... ��

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast