Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: friend f'''''d my leathers

Cough it up as a learning experience, then support your local track leather repair business to get it fixed as a backup suit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

apriliaforum prov-nov
    there are a lot of shitty mates on here, I'm with Mambo on this. Get back what you paid and chalk it down to experience. your not taking an $800 hit as it is what you paid in the 1st place, your fault for lending, his fault for crashing and by him paying what you paid it puts it square imo. why ruin a friendship over a few $?

Quote Originally Posted by drvacation View Post
    he's paying me the original retail of 1300, feels good enough for me, even though the only decent roos I've found are going to set me back an extra couple hundred over that
    look it's done read my other posts, agreed to buy used roo leathers if my size 54-60 depending on brand comes up and again read my posts he was warned they were roo never laid down (also cleaned and oiled at least 3 times a year, never been in rain) and remember this crash was HIS FAULT, I'm still taking at least 400 dollar hit at 1300, so if we find used I'm better off
    I was just looking for a consensus as he seemed to stall at first untill alot of other track people set him straight as to Whats the right thing to do!
    As to the others that were putting some of this loss on me. Dont ever borrow my stuff! but I'd love to borrow yours LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Last Week View Post
    Cough it up as a learning experience, then support your local track leather repair business to get it fixed as a backup suit.

he's keeping and repairing for himself, loves the roo

So if a friend wrecked your dirt bike that your wife gave you for Christmas you'd tell him he owes you nothing? As you suffered no monetary loss.
    It's a different world now, when I grew up it was you break you pay.
    I hope you still feel the same way when you're looking at taking an 800 dollar hit because of someone else's stupidity, by the by he totally was doing a stupid passing maneuver as stated by a couple riders when he went down
    NO replies to this response?

Paying the rightful portion to the owner is the honorable thing to do as the person who destroyed or damaged said property. I would. If the borrower doesn't pay up ( in this case he did to a degree) you could sue in small claims to receive compensation or agree to a loss, and salvage a friendship. Depends on what you see as more valuable in the long run.

apriliaforum expert MamboItaliono's Avatar
    he's keeping and repairing for himself, loves the roo
    That's more fair that he at least gets to keep them

I did - my response is there not far below

Custom tailored Roo suits for a few $ more.
    http://hazardousracing.com

Heard great things about them
    '14 Tuono, matte black, Akrapovic full Ti system, Race ECU, Ohlin's rear shock, Lightech Ltd "R" rearsets, Carbon fender, hugger & side panels, Lightech mirrors, Luimoto seat covers, Brembo RCS 17 with folding levers, black Rizoma bars, 520 chain +2 on the rear, MRA sport screen

EVOLVEGT and a couple of the other track day organizations have been shopping those guys around for a little while. Anybody have experience with them??

Quote Originally Posted by wet dog View Post
    Custom tailored Roo suits for a few $ more.
    http://hazardousracing.com

Heard great things about them
    I find tinsel very distracting.

I heard rumour they are stitched at the same factory that makes Dianese. Dunno if it's true
    '14 Tuono, matte black, Akrapovic full Ti system, Race ECU, Ohlin's rear shock, Lightech Ltd "R" rearsets, Carbon fender, hugger & side panels, Lightech mirrors, Luimoto seat covers, Brembo RCS 17 with folding levers, black Rizoma bars, 520 chain +2 on the rear, MRA sport screen

Hmm. Well, the photos look good. The guys wearing them at the track haven't been overly upset about them. Maybe I need to check them out this spring. Those are pretty good prices for kangaroo/stingray leathers.
    I find tinsel very distracting.

I have a set of Hazardous roo leathers. Custom fit. Lightweight as hell. Easy to slip in and out of. Removable liner. Nary ever a problem with zippers, and crashed well the one time I have gone down in them. The only issue I have had with them was due to an incorrect measurement when I was initially measured, which was later corrected by Barnacle Bill. That measurement was my fault and no one else. I also use their Alpha gloves. The first set lasted years, though wet weather riding, racing, and years of coaching. and the stingray protection was hardly even scuffed when I tucked the front and landed on it hard. I replaced them last year with another set and just bought a third set for street use. I am a FIRM believer in the gloves for sure and truly enjoy the leathers, but the only issue I have is my own weight gain making them a bit snug now!

Last edited by meanstrk; 03-07-2017 at 12:29 PM.
    Ron
    MSgt USMC (Retired!)
    N2 CR
    WERA # 45
    IBA #38812

RST Futura
    Colin Edwards RSV R Mille #066 (Sold now. Sigh...)
    2007.5 Tuono

For custom paint work, check out https://www.facebook.com/Trading-Paint-162751633826626/

Quote Originally Posted by meanstrk View Post
    but the only issue I have is my own weight gain making them a bit snug now!

I'm in a somewhat similar predicament. Loosing weight will simply be expensive for me. Riding gear, fork and shock springs are dialled currently dialled in so actually getting fit again means swapping things around.

Is that VIR, Ron? Or a different Heaven?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDaddy View Post
    Is that VIR, Ron? Or a different Heaven?
    Correct Sir. Rollercoaster shown behind us, though thte angle is a bad one to see the track at all.. That pic was taken on my last race weekend before I retired from racing.
    Ron
    MSgt USMC (Retired!)
    N2 CR
    WERA # 45
    IBA #38812

RST Futura
    Colin Edwards RSV R Mille #066 (Sold now. Sigh...)
    2007.5 Tuono

For custom paint work, check out https://www.facebook.com/Trading-Paint-162751633826626/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast