Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: friend f'''''d my leathers

Quote Originally Posted by blu-j View Post
    I have a new set of agvsport leathers worn once with pucks,triple stitched.I am the same size thinking $500. might help you both?
    Are they kangaroo? Once you go roo you can't go back

Quote Originally Posted by MamboItaliono View Post
    TBH I wouldn't accept any more than I paid from a friend. That's the real represented loss for me. The 'opportunity' lost on missing a good deal that the less amount of money had scored for me is what I consider my side of the loss for loaning it.
    So if a friend wrecked your dirt bike that your wife gave you for Christmas you'd tell him he owes you nothing? As you suffered no monetary loss.
    It's a different world now, when I grew up it was you break you pay.
    I hope you still feel the same way when you're looking at taking an 800 dollar hit because of someone else's stupidity, by the by he totally was doing a stupid passing maneuver as stated by a couple riders when he went down

After the crash two people walked up to me to check to see if I was ok thinking it was me and my Leathers are pretty distinctive and two people walked up to me to ask me what the hell I was thinking trying that passing maneuver

apriliaforum expert
    Always discuss up front before loaning anything (and make sure you know they can afford to pay if needed). It's a racetrack; things can happen and hopefully he learned from it, otherwise it was a waste.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by drvacation View Post
    So if a friend wrecked your dirt bike that your wife gave you for Christmas you'd tell him he owes you nothing? As you suffered no monetary loss.
    Your wife still paid for it though?

apriliaforum expert MamboItaliono's Avatar
    An expense to the family unit is the same as you having paid.
    If it was a gift from, say me (and again, you lent it out) then I'd probably half it with him.
    Seeing as though this case it wasn't a gift, it was a 50% deal - I don't think I could ask for more than what I paid.
    You don't have to argue it, you asked opinions.

An item's cost and an item's value aren't always the same thing. In situations like this, I feel the right thing to do is match the value of the item. Let's look at the flip side of this situation, if I paid $2000 for a suit and then a friend wrecked it, does he owe me $2000 if he can find a suitable replacement for less? In this case I would be happy with an identical suit, even if it was acquired for less.

I would apply the same logic to this situation, if a friend wrecks something that belongs to me, I would expect a like for like replacement regardless of cost incurred by the other person, higher or lower.

I think the deal you’ve done is the right one.
    You get what your leathers were worth when you bought them (not what you paid - that bargain was yours to be had) & now you add the extra 200 & get a new set. Fair deal IMO. Unless as you said; that if he can replace them with mint condition used set that would be OK too. .
    I'd feel comfortable with that & I'm sure your friend will.
    2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by dazo View Post
    I would apply the same logic to this situation, if a friend wrecks something that belongs to me, I would expect a like for like replacement regardless of cost incurred by the other person, higher or lower.
    Yea, that seems fair.

Up to him to get them professionally repaired, or replace them with a like product, regardless of cost.
    Rich in PA-
    '04 Tuono Coaching / Street - Traxxion Dynamics, Gabro chipped, Arrow 2-2, 30k+ miles
    R6 Race - The usual stuff and some not-so-usual stuff. CCS #128 Expert
    www.KeystoneRiders.com - Central/NE PA message forum for street/track riders
    EvolveGT coach

Thanks to my 2016 sponsors! METRIC DEVIL MOTO / PIRELLI TIRE | SCORPION | YOSHIMURA | PIT POSSE | WOODCRAFT | VORTEX | PARTS CLUB | HAZARDOUS RACING
    GET IT!!! http://www.richquinlan.com

his F*** up i would make him pay...

I have loaned leathers to others numerous times, with the added caveat of "If you wreck in em, you just bought em.". I don't add that caveat with friends I trust since I would only trust those that I know would do right without even being asked.
    Ron
    MSgt USMC (Retired!)
    N2 CR
    WERA # 45
    IBA #38812

RST Futura
    Colin Edwards RSV R Mille #066 (Sold now. Sigh...)
    2007.5 Tuono

For custom paint work, check out https://www.facebook.com/Trading-Paint-162751633826626/

apriliaforum Junkie
    A pal of mine had a pair of MV Augustas (one was the Senna, the other was the Special Parts version) back when the company had just rebooted. I know he would've let me ride them but I never asked because they're bikes. Bikes crash. Bikes tip over.

And that could've hurt our friendship.

Dude should've had his own leathers to start with.

No leathers of your own? Not your day for the track.

-bryan

apriliaforum newb
    Send them to Hi side leathers, Brisbane, Aus...I cant speak highly enough of them

The way I see it, if your buddy wrecked your leathers and now you're pissed at him about it all, you probably shouldn't have loaned them. I do my best NOT to loan stuff to my friends unless there's absolutely no way around it. No need to ruin a friendship over something like a pair of leathers.
    I find tinsel very distracting.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast