Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: friend f'''''d my leathers

friend f'''''d my leathers

so at the last track day I lent a friend my kangaroo leathers, he went down and f'd them, they had never been down and were a couple years old.
    I got them used worn twice kind of thing, but being 225lbs 6'1 " I'm hard to fit and there roo dammit, Ive looked around but this was a once in a lifetime find.
    I'm I a dick to make him spend what looks like 1300 for a held race evo roo suit (least expensive good roo out there) which was the retail on my suit?
    he was warned it was an undropped roo suit!
    Is it still you f it you fix it or replace in this case as the whole right side is f'd

apriliaforum Member
    I was taught by my father, a farmer that if you borrow something it is your responsibility to return in as good or better condition. Otherwise do not borrow it.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Kinda... but kinda not. Its not his problem you lent him something that hard to replace. Would you be wrong to ask him for what you paid for it? maybe not. But let him keep it if you do. Have you looked at sending it to a leather shop for an estimated repair?

Also next time you lend somebody somthing I would suggest agreeing before hand what you are going to get in exchange if he/she destroys it.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Rider View Post
    I was taught by my father, a farmer that if you borrow something it is your responsibility to return in as good or better condition. Otherwise do not borrow it.
    I like this idea. Let me lend you my truck. I expect my 2001 truck in better or newer condition when you return it. The 2017's are looking pretty nice. (honesty I have heard and agree with you, but with some limitations)

Marty, I didnt realize that was you at first. Im just giving you a hard time.

Has he offered to pay to fix/replace they?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Pete

was warned that they were expensive roo leathers and he knew they had never been down, damaged beyond ever looking like they did before, and he kept them, plans on having them repaired for himself. not hard to replace, just exspensive, I was just lucky enough to get them for half off, but had perfectly good a-stars I sold after getting these

apriliaforum Member
    IMO there's no right answer here. You're both somewhat culpable, OTOH, any real friend would make amends as a matter of personal dignity and respect to the friendship. It's then up to you how much slack (if any) you'd offer in exchange.

A similar thing happened to me years ago as a teenager, where a good friend crashed a really nice vintage Suzuki I had. I was basically told (by him) too bad, you shouldn't have let me on it. :/

I don't loan vehicles or other valuables out period, and also don't ask to borrow from anyone. If I need something bad enough, I pucker up and buy my own. The only exception being my brother--we grew up riding together and have a relationship of complete trust and respect. (Even then, it's rare.) Others will have differing boundaries, this just works best for me.

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jsnontuono View Post
    I like this idea. Let me lend you my truck. I expect my 2001 truck in better or newer condition when you return it. The 2017's are looking pretty nice. (honesty I have heard and agree with you, but with some limitations)

Marty, I didnt realize that was you at first. Im just giving you a hard time.
    If I borrow your 2001, you get your 2001 back, you don't get to go to Crossroads and pick out a new 2017. I guess my thoughts are if you can't afford to repair it or replace it don't borrow it.

apriliaforum expert
    Send them to this place. The guy is awesome and it should be cheaper than a new pair.
    http://anthonysleatherworks.com/

apriliaforum expert TrackDayRdr's Avatar
    Replace. Without you having to ask he should want to replace it as a "friend" would, unless he is a doosher.

Quote Originally Posted by TrackDayRdr View Post
    Replace. Without you having to ask he should want to replace it as a "friend" would, unless he is a doosher.
    Exactly, ur kind enough to loan him them, he should be saying sorry mate, what did they cost u,or what do u want me to replace them with.....no brainer really

he's paying me the original retail of 1300, feels good enough for me, even though the only decent roos I've found are going to set me back an extra couple hundred over that

apriliaforum expert MamboItaliono's Avatar
    TBH I wouldn't accept any more than I paid from a friend. That's the real represented loss for me. The 'opportunity' lost on missing a good deal that the less amount of money had scored for me is what I consider my side of the loss for loaning it.

apriliaforum Member
    I have a new set of agvsport leathers worn once with pucks,triple stitched.I am the same size thinking $500. might help you both?

Quote Originally Posted by MamboItaliono View Post
    TBH I wouldn't accept any more than I paid from a friend. That's the real represented loss for me. The 'opportunity' lost on missing a good deal that the less amount of money had scored for me is what I consider my side of the loss for loaning it.
    So I'm supposed to take a 800 dollar hit cause I found the deal of the century? And by the way I told him if we can find a set used for cheaper before track season that would be fine, as he's paying me in instalments anyway

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast