Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Shiver and DD 900

200 series tire? Not needed, the 180 on the revised shiver would be fine. Standard exhaust would be nice.

As much as I like my DD, I'd probably go for shiver now.

More displacement at a less power tune to meet euro4 emissions. New electronics should make the power delivery curve Better than the 750

Yawnfest

apriliaforum Member
    good news! happy to see they keep the shiver/dd going!

don't care about the hp! torque is why I ride DD. try the new Triumph boneville range. the hp figures make you laugh, but all that train torque makes things interesting in the corners without revving the shit out of the engine!

So the hp increase is negligible, and the max tq comes in at about 2000 rpm higher than the 750? Unless you're spending much of the time in higher revs (which seems counterintuitive for a longer stroked engine) I don't see much of a performance benefit. I'd like to see the area under the curve on the graphs. I'm not naysaying, I just wonder if the cc increase was just a necessity to make a Euro4 compliant engine perform as well as its predecessor.

IMHO the real improvements are the weight savings (wheels) and the traction control. All else seems apples to apples.

As an aside, I enjoy analog (big round) tachometers over digital ones (bar graph readout).
    Last edited by rule62; 11-12-2016 at 01:48 PM.
    2014 DD 750 ABS - Spark exhaust, Arrow decat, headers (all ceramic coated), BMC filter, FatDuc, BikeMaster DLFP16-BS LiFePO battery, GPR steering damper, DD 1200 fully adjustable rear shock w/spring swap, 2016 Tuono Factory wheels, 15/44 520 conversion (PBR/Superlite/DID), Strada-7 fork preload adjusters, Samco 2-piece hose kit w/clamps, Engine Ice, Renazco Racing seat, EvoTech tidy tail, Aprilia grab handles, shorty levers, crank-case breather mod, evap-can delete... and a Rapid Bike EVO on order...

Hi Rule
    The HP figures for the Shiver/DD 750 always seemed to be exaggerated. So a genuine 95 HP would be nice.
    And yes, I like my Shiver for mid-range, not the top end of a 600 sport.
    But I suspect you're right that the extra dsiplacement is, in part, to respond to Euro4. Ducati had to do that too for the small Panigale (IIRC).
    I think the other refinements will be interesting. Lighter, adjustable 41mm fork compared to a stiffer (?) 43mm fork on current models.
    Overall, they appear to be improved bikes, but not worth the upgrade price (in my case). If I would be buying new, that might be different.
    Frodo
    2015 Shiver
    New Zealand

Agreed. MSRP, new, is the same as the 750. The claimed hp is most likely just as exaggerated now as it was then. Unless Aprilia, and every other manufacturer for that matter, have decided to update their marketing strategies.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    2014 DD 750 ABS - Spark exhaust, Arrow decat, headers (all ceramic coated), BMC filter, FatDuc, BikeMaster DLFP16-BS LiFePO battery, GPR steering damper, DD 1200 fully adjustable rear shock w/spring swap, 2016 Tuono Factory wheels, 15/44 520 conversion (PBR/Superlite/DID), Strada-7 fork preload adjusters, Samco 2-piece hose kit w/clamps, Engine Ice, Renazco Racing seat, EvoTech tidy tail, Aprilia grab handles, shorty levers, crank-case breather mod, evap-can delete... and a Rapid Bike EVO on order...

apriliaforum prov-nov
    > Kayaba upside-down fork, which is one pound lighter than its predecessor and is adjustable for spring preload and rebound damping

Hopefully not from the same abominable parts bin as Kayaba saddled the FZ09/FJ09 with. But I'm not holding my breath. If I'm right, the fix is pretty much the same.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    They ugly exhaust is designed so the rider and passager don't smell like exhaust fumes duo to turbulance.

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjorrit View Post
    They ugly exhaust is designed so the rider and passager don't smell like exhaust fumes duo to turbulance.
    What ugly exhaust?

Have booked a test ride with my dealer for when they get the Dorso in told him I won't buy if tank range is still crap as that's the only reason I sold my 750 I need the bike for a few hours to test tank range

Well guys, for those of you thinking of buying the latest 900 version of our bikes, be aware that the new ECU being used will probably have the same features as the one fitted to my 1200 Caponord. This incudes no tinkering at all for home mechanics.

On my 1200 I cant reset the maintenance spanner on the dash myself, the bike has to go to the dealer for this.
    On the 1200 if you want to change the speedometer from KPH to MPH of vice versa, guess what that's another trip to the dealer.
    OK so you have an EFI light and you want to know what's happening - yep its back to the dealer yet again. Guzzidag(Guzzuitag) will let you look at the codes but you cant reset them.

On my 750 Dorsoduro you can do all of the above with no problem, but on teh newer Aprilia's you ned to have access to the electronic diagnostic gear that Aprilia will only sell the equipment/access to their website to Aprilia dealers. While Aprilia dealers get updates and access this isnt a problem, but what happens in 10 years time when Aprilia no longer have a reasonability towards owners and turn the web site off for these bikes? Do our bikes then become just scrap?

Now depressed thinking about my 1200 Caponord in the garage. Still loving my 750 Dorsoduro though.

Keith C
    1982 GL1100 Goldwing
    2006 Suzuki Vstrom 1000GT
    2009 Dorsoduro
    2013 Caponord (from 28/9/13)
    https://www.fuelly.com/driver/mzride...ord?fu=6456444

Quote Originally Posted by keithc View Post
    Well guys, for those of you thinking of buying the latest 900 version of our bikes, be aware that the new ECU being used will probably have the same features as the one fitted to my 1200 Caponord. This incudes no tinkering at all for home mechanics.

On my 1200 I cant reset the maintenance spanner on the dash myself, the bike has to go to the dealer for this.
    On the 1200 if you want to change the speedometer from KPH to MPH of vice versa, guess what that's another trip to the dealer.
    OK so you have an EFI light and you want to know what's happening - yep its back to the dealer yet again. Guzzidag(Guzzuitag) will let you look at the codes but you cant reset them.

On my 750 Dorsoduro you can do all of the above with no problem, but on teh newer Aprilia's you ned to have access to the electronic diagnostic gear that Aprilia will only sell the equipment/access to their website to Aprilia dealers. While Aprilia dealers get updates and access this isnt a problem, but what happens in 10 years time when Aprilia no longer have a reasonability towards owners and turn the web site off for these bikes? Do our bikes then become just scrap?

Now depressed thinking about my 1200 Caponord in the garage. Still loving my 750 Dorsoduro though.

Keith C
    With that my first concern might be the limited number of dealers state side. My closest dealer is 3 hours away.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    2013 Aprilia Shiver 750 - Sexy Beast Tri-Color
    2008 Aprilia RSV 1000R - Sold

apriliaforum prov-nov Pegasus82's Avatar
    The new 900 Shiver/Dorsoduro are not coming into the UK in 2017, lack of sales of the older models has killed them off as far as the UK is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus82 View Post
    The new 900 Shiver/Dorsoduro are not coming into the UK in 2017, lack of sales of the older models has killed them off as far as the UK is concerned.
    Who's told you that ? I've been told by my dealer back end of 17 or Spring 18
    Going to bike show tomorrow so will ask them on the stand

Well been to bike show today and talked to a aprilia bloke on the stand and he told me no 900 bikes for the uk full stop and 1200 capo is ended now only dealer stock now in uk so we will see who's right him or my dealer

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast