apriliaforum Member Albertomesell's Avatar
    Flat Tyre, and crash

My current bikes:
    -2016' Aprilia TUONO 1100 Factory
    -2014' Ducati Multistrada 1200S
    -2007' Yamaha R1 (racetrack only)
    My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AlbertoMESELL

Used to be sunny Durham, now dull and rainy Midlands, England
    I'm sorry to be an "I told you so" Alberto, but that Green Goblin crash is exactly what I've being warning against re the riders in your earlier video's.

Wrong line into the corner, realising too late it was going to tighten up on the exit, and braking whilst riding over a SOLID white line - that was soooo predictable - approached properly there's no reason why he couldn't have made it around that corner at that speed.

I'm really pleased he got up and was OK - but PLEASE get your friends to get some proper riding tuition before one of them dies. Captain America is a danger to all other people on the road when he's riding like that - he needs help !

I believe you are the voice of reason in that group and hope the others learn from the Goblin crash and listen to your advice.
    Cheers,

"I am a selfish, self-righteous tosser", a "fucking loser" and now an "absolute fucking idiot"

Me - '03 RSV Mille, '89 FJ 1200 x 2, & '75 TL 125 & Schweizer S300 CBi Helicopter
    Wife - '01 FZ1 (Fazer 1000), '86 VF 750 Interceptor and '07 CRF 230F
    Kids - '03 Fazer 600, GY 125 and CRF 100 off roaders, '10 Reiju RS2 50 Matrix Pro

Sitting on a park bench. Eyeing little girls with bad intent. Channeling Jethro Tull.
    This is why I mostly ride solo.
    Don't want to do the chase after a bunch of fucking maniacs thing.
    My Tuono suits me to a "T".
    Thunder!

Quote Originally Posted by millietant View Post
    I'm sorry to be an "I told you so" Alberto, but that Green Goblin crash is exactly what I've being warning against re the riders in your earlier video's.
    Wrong line into the corner, realising too late it was going to tighten up on the exit, and braking whilst riding over a SOLID white line - that was soooo predictable - approached properly there's no reason why he couldn't have made it around that corner at that speed.
    I'm really pleased he got up and was OK - but PLEASE get your friends to get some proper riding tuition before one of them dies. Captain America is a danger to all other people on the road when he's riding like that - he needs help !
    I believe you are the voice of reason in that group and hope the others learn from the Goblin crash and listen to your advice.
    You are totally right (once again):

-I am well aware that my "Captain America" friend rides waaaaaaaay above his bike's possibilities, trying to keep up with a spirited (but not dangerous at all) pace.....and that in my opinion is what makes himself ride in constant danger (yesterday he had a couple close calls, and the video doesnīt make justice at all: Riding behind him I can clearly see sparks flying all over the lower part of his "Buffalo" every time he hits a tight turn, scratching footpegs and exhausts...).
    I could almost ride quite relaxed at that pace, but on the contrary, at the same speed he is constantly fighting with his bike.

As a matter of fact yesterday I told him when we stopped to have a coffee (before his flat tyre) that if he wants to ride much safer (and easier) at that pace, he needs to get another bike, even though He is too much into custom bikes (he is member of one of those patched moto-clubs that I personally dislike ;-)) , and he told me he is considering keeping his custom bike for riding with his mean looking-tattoed buddies ;-) , and maybe getting a naked bike to ride with us......another option would be switching his bike for a Ducati X-Diavel, a more versatile custom bike (one that brakes properly, ABS, TC, has higher ground clearance, it is actually light and doesn`t weight a ton, etc).....but I am afraid budget in an issue for him...at least for now.

-About my "Green Goblin" friendīs crash, yeah, watching the video your are calling perfectly the mistakes he made...... and I was actually VERY surprised of his mistakes on that turn, because I know the guy pretty well, and I can assure he is a very experienced rider (road and track) and knows his bike very well (I guess what he didnīt know well was the road though).
    He messaged me this morning and told me he feels fine, he is no sore at all, and he said he watched the video and recognized all his wrong doings there.

About me being "the voice of reason" ....hehehe.....I just keep telling everyone that my gameplan is NEVER ride 100% of your possibilities .......never push your limit (or your bike's), at least on the road. It is better to ride at 80% (at most), and keep that 20% margin for unexpected events or situations.......because if you ride at 100% there is just no margin for error.

Thatīs how I ride, and that's what I always try to advice to everyone.

Thanks for your kind words man, I really appreciate it.

Take care and ride safe !!!
    My current bikes:

Another ride with "issues"

My current bikes:

Vlogging:

Take care and ride safe
    My current bikes:

Hey Alberto - are you going to Fribourg, or Freiburg?

I thought that if you're staying in the Black Forest, it would be Freiburg (on the edge of the Black Forest) - but as your guide is Swiss, maybe it's Fribourg (in Switzerland).

Either way, I'd suggest you include the D500/B500 on your route - it runs from Waldshut-Tiengen (at the Swiss border) to Baden Baden, passing through, or beside, Titisee, Furtwangen, Triberg (stop there and walk up the waterfall path, its beautiful), to Wolfach then cut across the hills to Schapbach and on into Freudenstadt. Then come back out of Freudenstadt heading towards Bad Petersal (on the D28) and turn off a few km's out of Freudenstadt onto the 500 again up to Baden Baden - then, turn around a ride it back the other way. Lots of wide smooth fast corners, lots of hills and more than few lovely hairpins.

A fantastic family hotel to stay in is the Inselklause, just a few km's south of Triberg, along the side of the 500. As well as the waterfall in Triberg, there are great places for a beer (food at Inselklause is outstanding), great roads and you're only 5 minutes ride from the worlds largest cuckoo clock.

Enjoy the trip.
    Cheers,

"I am a selfish, self-righteous tosser", a "fucking loser" and now an "absolute fucking idiot"

Me - '03 RSV Mille, '89 FJ 1200 x 2, & '75 TL 125 & Schweizer S300 CBi Helicopter
    Kids - '03 Fazer 600, GY 125 and CRF 100 off roaders, '10 Reiju RS2 50 Matrix Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Albertomesell View Post
    Another ride with "issues"

Just watched the video all the way through - you're right about "issues". The cruiser rider is trying to ride so far ahead of his riding skills it's unreal. His bike will go round those corners much faster and much safer if only he had the sense (and not the ego) to get and take note of some proper tuition on road riding technique.

I'm totally jealous of the roads you have around there though. We were last around Bilbao in 2009, when we rode from the ferry port out to Pamplona, then on to Jaca and over the Pyrenees to Carcassonne. I remember getting away from the industrial areas of the coast and just feeling blessed to be riding in hills out towards Pamplona - beautiful !
    Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by millietant View Post
    Just watched the video all the way through - you're right about "issues". The cruiser rider is trying to ride so far ahead of his riding skills it's unreal. His bike will go round those corners much faster and much safer if only he had the sense (and not the ego) to get and take note of some proper tuition on road riding technique.

I'm totally jealous of the roads you have around there though. We were last around Bilbao in 2009, when we rode from the ferry port out to Pamplona, then on to Jaca and over the Pyrenees to Carcassonne. I remember getting away from the industrial areas of the coast and just feeling blessed to be riding in hills out towards Pamplona - beautiful !
    Yeah man, you totally NAILED it. My cruiser riding friend thinks he is a bad ass rider. As a matter of fact, more than once I heard him say (and to some of his patched buddies too) that whenever he could get his hands into a naked bike (or whenever he will get his dream bike: The Ducati XDiavel) we would have a hard time trying to follow his pace. All I could do is smile.....and LAUGH......

It is true though that Iīve never seen anyone riding as fast with such a big custom bike like his (most custom riders here are grandmas on wheels)......but I keep telling him that his riding is filled with mistakes, and I told him several times that he is riding way above his true riding skills, and the possibilities of his bike.....his EGO is much bigger and heavy than his bike. ;-)

BTW, we will go to Freiburg im Breisgau (GERMANY)....thanks so much for your advices !!
    I take note of them and will write them down. I hopefully will portrait all that in my road trip video ;-) ...... we are planning to ride around the black forest, but also, specially on our way back, get into switzerland and hit some Alps'passes.

And yeah, we have some nice roads / landscapes here.....you are welcome to visit again, and it would be my pleasure to show you (or anyone from this forum) around.

Take care and ride safe man !!!
    My current bikes:

If you do go into Switzerland, hopefully your Swiss friend will agree with this suggestion for a day visit - at Lucerne, there is a mountain, Mt Pilatus, which you can visit by buying a one day Golden ticket. The visit/trip involves a gondola/cable-car ride to the top of the mountain (2500m high I think, with cable car going over an amazingly large, deep, gorge - look it up on Google ��), you then go down the other side on a train (the world's steepest railway - it goes at almost 45degrees), and then taking a lake cruise ship around Lake Lucerne and back to the city, where the ticket covers a bus journey back to the starting point.

There's a lovely hotel nearby in Kriens, the Hotel Sonnenberg, which is close to the Gondola Station for the Mt Pilatus trip but also has spectacular views of the city and the mountains, with great food too.

I hope you really enjoy the trip ��
    Cheers,

Thanks. I will!!

BTW my first 4k video:

My current bikes:

My current bikes: