Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Should Aprilia make a new sport tourer?

Yes to many of the above features...aux lighting, heated grips, added fuel capacity, real pillion capacity and dedicated hard cases. I'd like something similar to the side-mounted fuel filler neck that my '83 Laverda RGS1000 had, where a tankbag did not need to be disturbed at fuel stops. So slick! It also had footpegs and foot controls mounted on rotating eccentric plates, ergonomic tweaks were quick and easy. How about some self-dimming mirrors and a self-leveling headlight like my Saab 9-5 Aero had? A great feature.

Too many bikes that industry influencers call "sport tourers" today are about the size of a Plains Buffalo, and about as homely. We can and should do better! Aprilia, take the lead please!

apriliaforum expert KbomonFalco's Avatar
    I would LOVE to see something new from Aprilia. Kind of along the lines of the Falco, or even the Futura for that matter. The only problem I see is that by the time you add all of the dreamy features your looking at 500+ pounds. I handed down the trusty old Falco to my son. With over 64k miles it still runs like a champ and has never left me stranded. Hopefully it will do the same for him. But it was time to try something new, so I've moved on to a '16 Tuono. The new 1100 V4 motor is all that you have heard. Puts a grin on my face every time I open the throttle. Torque everywhere. Not that the Falco was a slouch, but this is a whole different level.

Prior to my Tuono purchase, I spoke with an Aprilia rep down at AF1 during the '15 COTA MOTO GP night. Mario was less than supportive of my plans and suggested I look at the Capanord. No thanks! I also consider it to be in the ADV group and much too heavy.

I've owned my Tuono Factory for two years now. I am currently at just over 9k trouble free miles. I've done 500+ mile days, and did a 2200 mile trip down to Laguna Seca and back in July. With a little "tweaking", I have my very own Tuono GT. LED headlights, lowering pegs, luggage, and a few gadgets. I wouldn't mind having the '17 cruise control, but I find my Go Cruise throttle lock works just fine. I have gotten more than 150 miles on a tank, but I have also ran her dry at 124. Doh! That was on my first trip (motor still breaking in) and I no longer trust the 1 gallon reserve. Maybe more like 1 liter!? On longer trips I now strap on a couple of MSR fuel bottles just in case. A larger tank would certainly be nice. But again, we're adding weight now.

Here is what I have come up with. I like that I can strip her down and take her to the track (been there twice). It doesn’t take long to convert her back and forth. But I am getting older, and a purpose built sport touring Aprilia sure does peak my interest. Come on Aprilia! Build it already.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Side View.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	218.0 KB 
ID:	343832  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rear View.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	216.4 KB 
ID:	343833  

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by KbomonFalco; 10-09-2017 at 07:56 PM.
    2001 SL1000 Falco (Handed down to KbomJr)
    2000.5 RSV-R Mille (Track)
    2016 Tuono V4 1100 Factory (His)
    2016 Tuono V4 1100 RR (Hers)

You have a really nice setup. I would say the only thing I would want that you don't have is an upgraded seat and a real pillion seat for my wife. Since I would most likely have to sell her on the purchase, that would have to be number 1 on my must have list.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

apriliaforum expert KbomonFalco's Avatar
    Thank you. The new 1100 Tuono seat is actually very comfortable. Aprilia did this one right. My passenger seat is actually another motorcycle. LOL! My wife rides her own.

Women and bikes. Neither is cheap.
    2001 SL1000 Falco (Handed down to KbomJr)
    2000.5 RSV-R Mille (Track)
    2016 Tuono V4 1100 Factory (His)
    2016 Tuono V4 1100 RR (Hers)

Quote Originally Posted by KbomonFalco View Post
    Thank you. The new 1100 Tuono seat is actually very comfortable. Aprilia did this one right. My passenger seat is actually another motorcycle. LOL! My wife rides her own.

Women and bikes. Neither is cheap.

We're running out of warm wx...
    JD

'01 Futura

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/analy...cheal-uhlarik/

interesting analysis from a industry insider. Totally agree with him.
    Supermoto Central - 100% Supermoto

Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoGeniX View Post
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/analy...cheal-uhlarik/

interesting analysis from a industry insider. Totally agree with him.
    comments are interesting too....lots of past employees commenting.

need to start at "Bring Back Beggio" movement...he's on FB and does stories every once in a while about past bikes. They were on a roll with him at the helm.

Thanks for sharing that article, NeoGeniX. Oftentimes the truth feels like an ice cold dagger driven into one's heart, but that feels like truth. I hold out hope that a new owner can be found, especially if it's led by Ivano Beggio and kept in Italian hands. Genuine Italiano, and not something owned by a corrupt German automaker or afloat on Russian black money.

Yeah, now I'm dreaming. Oh, that dagger.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

apriliaforum newb
    Good morning to all. I am the owner of Orange County Aprilia located at 1319 W. Katella Ave in the city of Orange. I am very excited to have Aprilia join my KTM, HUSQVARNA, ALTA and TEXTRON OFFROAD (ARCTIC CAT) dealership. I look forward to serving the needs of southern cal Aprilia owners. You can reach me at 714-532-4586 or email at hvega@ocktm.

Thanks !

Horace Vega

Quote Originally Posted by OCAPRILIA View Post
    Good morning to all. I am the owner of Orange County Aprilia located at 1319 W. Katella Ave in the city of Orange. I am very excited to have Aprilia join my KTM, HUSQVARNA, ALTA and TEXTRON OFFROAD (ARCTIC CAT) dealership. I look forward to serving the needs of southern cal Aprilia owners. You can reach me at 714-532-4586 or email at hvega@ocktm.

Thanks !

Horace Vega
    If I'm in the area I'll check you guys out. Glad there are more dealers picking up aprilia, maybe if they make a sport tourer I'll be in the market for a new one.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234