Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sad day for Moto2......

It would appear that they have changed the course for the remainder of practice, qualifying and the race.

Terrible...He piled into his bike. Speechless.
    Pete

apriliaforum expert Cryogeneric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JedB View Post
    It would appear that they have changed the course for the remainder of practice, qualifying and the race.
    This should be interesting. It's supposed to be a lot safer, but it will slow them down significantly--I'm guessing 3-5 seconds a lap.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryogeneric View Post
    This should be interesting. It's supposed to be a lot safer, but it will slow them down significantly--I'm guessing 3-5 seconds a lap.
    As long as theyre able to safely finish the race, i do not care how long the lap takes. I dont want to see another rider buried. Lets do this, but for God's sake, lets please do this such that every starter is still alive at the end of the race. I love bikes, i love bike racing, but i love people more, and im not willing to watch some young man, not that much older than my own son, give his life for my entertainment. Sorry, my apriliaforum bretheren, but his one really fucks with me.
    Last edited by disco dave; 06-04-2016 at 12:07 AM.
    2015 Aprilia Caponord 1200
    1999 Ducati 748

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDxNASTY View Post
    A gravel trap might have slowed him down, it would also have slowed the bike and very likely sent it flying/spinning at that kind of speed.
    A rider sliding on tarmac is less likely to get hurt than when tumbling or getting a member caught in the gravel.
    while I always appreciate, and must definitely recognize, your thoughtful and analytical contributions, I must disagree with you here. Anything that dissipates speed will dissipate speed according to the mass of the object with which it makes an encounter. So both the bike and the rider are slowed by the gravel. It's true that Luis may have been injured had he encountered a gravel trap. But he would have done so at a much slower speed, and we'd be talking about broken bones and not fatal injuries. Both he and the bike would have encountered the gravel and been slowed by the drag it provided. Perhaps the air fence may have remained intact. Who knows?

But I disagree that a rider sliding on tarmac is less likely to become injured than one who encounters a gravel trap on his way through the slide.
    2015 Aprilia Caponord 1200
    1999 Ducati 748

apriliaforum expert
    I think speednasty got it mixed up a little with the gravel vs tarmac did ya mate?
    And Dave I wholeheartedly agree with you mate.....this one is really really bad!!!

So Sad

Next time someone on here amuses themselves as a consequence of a rider falling, be reminded that this outcome is ever present when it happens.
    2013 Tuono APRC ABS
    1982 LeMans Mk3

Always leave people better than you found them!
    Ever wondered what your life would be like if you chose trust rather than fear?

Luis was 24 years old.........still can not believe it, that bad luck had, if he had not crashed into the bike today this would only be a bad dream, DEP Luis.

apriliaforum expert SPEEDxNASTY's Avatar
    My opinion is only mine Dave, nothing wrong with disgreeing and I could very well be wrong indeed.
    Better leave any debate for another time, time is for remembrance...

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZSLR View Post
    So Sad

Next time someone on here amuses themselves as a consequence of a rider falling, be reminded that this outcome is ever present when it happens.
    Exactly my thoughts, tho' there's not so much of that on here as you see elsewhere. Desperately sad to see a kid only 24 lose his life like this, sweet dreams young fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryogeneric View Post
    Have they added a chicane on the straight? I didn't see anything on the MOTOGP site last night.
    Pete

Pete, they are using the F1 configuration instead of the sweeping right.

You should be able to see the layout changes on MotoGP.com

Quote Originally Posted by disco dave View Post

But I disagree that a rider sliding on tarmac is less likely to become injured than one who encounters a gravel trap on his way through the slide.
    As long as there isn't anything to hit (this is key), tarmac is the better medium IMO. Gravel/dirt/etc slow you, but often cause you to tumble which is when injuries happen. That said, there's a reason there was an air fence there...not enough run off...gravel trap or not.

Terrible accident. I don't like seeing riders get injures, let alone killed.
    WMRRA #98
    2013 KTM 990 SMT (street)
    2011 Aprilia RSV4 (race) For Sale: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...ace-Track-Bike

Quote Originally Posted by disco dave View Post

Walk up to Wayne Rainey and tell him that. That being said, Every crash is different , Every slide is different. The racers know the risks and they still have the love and passion to race. I respect everyone of them. RIP Salom, Simoncelli, Daijiro and the countless others that have pass on before.
    08 SPEED TRIPLE (triple)
    04 RSVR (twin)
    89 750 KATANA (I4)
    80 KZ 1300 (I6)

Unhappy Hasta la vista Luis

It's so very sad. Luis was a cool cat, and lots of fun to follow.

#Mexicano39

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39-luis-salom-esp--portrait_gp_0229_0_0.big.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	309810

Name:  34E425D500000578-3624233-image-a-27_1464974909264.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  66.1 KB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast