Thread: Moto Guzzi V9 ?

Moto Guzzi V9 ?

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...ked/28448.html

Personally, I'm still waiting for the rebirth of the LeMans
    -Randall

.....Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Three great forces rule the world: ignorance, fear and greed

That's basically a V7 II on steroids.

I like the idea of a 900cc small block but.....
    I would be very suspect of it's reliability.
    #1 Forum Magic Missile Caster

"I rode a Griso at when I used to work for Aprilia City in Melbourne. Probably the nicest bike ever" - Cosaro

1972 Laverda SF 750
    2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100
    2003 Moto Guzzi California Titanium 1100 - for sale

Sadly, Guzzi seems to be being positioned in the Piaggio group as the producer of fossils and turds. The smallblock keeps getting bored and stroked but retains its performance limiting heron heads and this package then gets stuck into a woefully inadequate frame with rudimentary suspension styled up like hipster's 1970's wet dream and the alternative is one of the corpulent horrors being flogged under the 'Cali' banner.

It's tragic that the brand I love, that I've worked on my entire life, is being turned into a parody of what it once was.

Pete
    Professional Goat Burster.

In case you haven't noticed, the foot controls have been moved forward. I'm sure you could probably reach into the Guzzi parts bin and move them back or even put Racer rearsets on it, but it looks like Guzzi is aiming at a very specific market with those foot controls and the elevated handlebars. No thanks. I'm liking my V7 more and more.

apriliaforum expert
    I like my V9
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dam Ride 064 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	532.8 KB 
ID:	293518

Yes Wayne, but yours is sensible and purposeful. It's not just a device for moving quinoa in a non threatening manner from a place vending gluten free soy latte's to your exclusively appointed designer kitchen.

Sometimes a turd is a labour of love. Don't try and tell me you haven't spent at least part of your wretched lives laying the 'Perfect Cable'? This is more like an episode of dysentery coupled with haemoragic fever!

Pete

"Moving quinoa in a non-threatening manner"

That is some of THE funniest shit EVER.
    You are brilliant Pete

As I said, I like the concept but......
    I have to thank Pete for clarifying my vague concerns.
    I would like my Griso even more than I do if it was lighter but it is what is.
    And what is would be an excellent platform to hop up. Like what ghezzi did.
    Time to rock that Bad Bitch into a real barn burner
    #1 Forum Magic Missile Caster

"I rode a Griso at when I used to work for Aprilia City in Melbourne. Probably the nicest bike ever" - Cosaro

1972 Laverda SF 750
    2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100
    2003 Moto Guzzi California Titanium 1100 - for sale

apriliaforum expert
    Will be meeting with a designer/builder of a telelever centre hub steer front end.
    Complete new frame designed around a Ducati engine.

If it is Guzzi adaptable I will have to buy the next Griso roller stat write-off at the auctions.

It would seem that this *Thing* has got some sort of included valve angle so it's no longer a Heron head.

According to the beetle-browed worshippers at the shrine of obsolescence this colossally embarrassing pair of turds are aimed at a younger demographic who like 'Easy Cruisers'! Well you know what? I don't even know what an 'Easy Cruiser' is but if it's something that appeals to tofu sucking beardies who wear lots of plaid I want no part of it.

I want a Guzzi that weighs a bit less but has sufficient torque to tear your fucking head off. I want it raw and characterful and I want to see a 'Nuovo LeMans/Daytona'. My Griso will see me out, it's good enough and its ergos suit me. It's even reliable if I keep its bloody front wheel on the ground! I can just imagine the sort of whey faced cocksuckers I'm going to be obliged to be nice to when these horrid little fairground attractions come to market. Gakk!

Pete
    Last edited by pete roper; 11-18-2015 at 01:02 AM.

apriliaforum expert
    Well Pete, if you are not an official dealership then surely you have the right to accept/refuse custom.
    Just like the retards who keep buying 2nd hand molested Aprilia's that need 100 hours of warranty work before they are rideable.

Quote Originally Posted by pete roper View Post
    According to the beetle-browed worshippers at the shrine of obsolescence this colossally embarrassing pair of turds are aimed at a younger demographic who like 'Easy Cruisers'! Well you know what? I don't even know what an 'Easy Cruiser' is but if it's something that appeals to tofu sucking beardies who wear lots of plaid I want no part of it.
    This made me look down at my shirt to see if it was plaid or not. Luckily, it's stripes today.

Moto Guzzi got stuck with a bike they couldn't continue (Griso) and instead of trying to make it work, they decided to work on an evolution of the V7. I guess the V7 is selling and the Griso never did that well. It's too bad, too. A lighter big block would be a wicked machine. So instead of getting something well thought out, we get a V7 afterbirth that should be thrown in the trash barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by ghezzi View Post
    Well Pete, if you are not an official dealership then surely you have the right to accept/refuse custom.
    Just like the retards who keep buying 2nd hand molested Aprilia's that need 100 hours of warranty work before they are rideable.
    I am an 'Official' service agent and as such I'm contractually bound to perform warranty work. Thing is if you buy somewhere else because it's 'Cheaper' and get a bike that has had no proper PD or set-up or has been messed with by a shaved ape and then come to me screaming warranty you'll find that I'm busy. How long will I be busy? Until long, long after hell has frozen over!

Pete

You are a poet Pete. Tofu sucking beardies...whey faced cocksuckers...epic!
    WMRRA #98
    2013 KTM 990 SMT (street)
    2011 Aprilia RSV4 (race) For Sale: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...ace-Track-Bike

Why didn't they just update the Bellagio and give it to the world? That would be a V9 I would buy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast