Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aprilia dealer no more

apriliaforum prov-nov

Aprilia dealer no more

My state's only Aprilia motorcycle dealer has removed the brand from its store and is BMW only now.

Would it still be reasonable to purchase one out of state; I am in Louisiana and the nearest dealers are in Texas.

Would it be worth it to bring to Texas for break-in periods and tuning?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bought mine from af1 and I live in Vegas, no dealership here either

Damn. Sure looks like they did. I need to pass by the there and see why. I don't think they were moving many, if any, Apes from their store.

At least they know how to work on them.
    2011 Dorsoduro 750 - Black

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer gods than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. - Stephen F. Roberts

"The population of lonely people with eager willingness to be purposefully wrong is not to be underestimated." - Will Assaf

Quote Originally Posted by naimchase View Post
    Motorcycles are not just fun toys. They are a catalyst for the enjoyment of life. They enhance your own, and bring something out in those around you.
    Be open to the enthusiasm of riders and non-riders. You will be well rewarded.

I have remotely purchased motorcycles and parts from AF1 in Texas without any issues. Highly recommended. Ed and team make moto purchases very easy. If you can handle basic maintenance like oil changes yourself, you won't have an issue. Given your location, drive south and visit Austin/New Braunfels and the Texas Hill Country. Visit with AF1 along the way.

Ride safe.

BikerGeek

Current rides:
    2016 Nissan Maxima SL
    2016 Ford Transit Connect
    2010 Ford Transit Connect
    Titus Loco-Moto MTB bike

Bikes owned previously:
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
    2000.5 Aprilia Mille
    2001 Aprilia Falco
    2001 Aprilia RS50
    1999 Aprilia RS250
    2001 Triumph Sprint RS
    2003 Triumph Daytona 600
    Fisher Joshua X FS bike
    Cannondale CAAD-3 hardtail
    Fisher Utopia city bike
    Psycle Werks Wild Hare FS bike
    Raleigh road bike

...Faster than some...Slower than most

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardoch View Post
    Damn. Sure looks like they did. I need to pass by the there and see why. I don't think they were moving many, if any, Apes from their store.

At least they know how to work on them.
    You will most likely need to purchase any parts you need yourself or they will have to source them from another Aprilia Dealer such as AF1 since Piaggio won't sell Aprilia parts directly to any dealer who is not an Aprilia dealer. They will not allow even a Piaggio Vespa dealer to purchase Aprilia specific scooter parts even though Aprilia, Piaggio and Vespa are supported by the same office and people in New York.

They've ordered from AF1 for me before, lol. AF1 is far faster to get you parts than Aprilia proper.
    2011 Dorsoduro 750 - Black

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer gods than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. - Stephen F. Roberts

"The population of lonely people with eager willingness to be purposefully wrong is not to be underestimated." - Will Assaf

Quote Originally Posted by naimchase View Post
    Motorcycles are not just fun toys. They are a catalyst for the enjoyment of life. They enhance your own, and bring something out in those around you.
    Be open to the enthusiasm of riders and non-riders. You will be well rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by drvacation View Post
    Bought mine from af1 and I live in Vegas, no dealership here either
    I thought Arlenn Ness added Aprilia to his line up of dealer ships a couple of years ago Is Irish Mike still working at Las Vegas Motorcycle Rentals? he worked on mine a couple years ago when there wasn't a dealership in Utah.
    08 SPEED TRIPLE (triple)
    04 RSVR (twin)
    89 750 KATANA (I4)
    80 KZ 1300 (I6)

This the one thing that bothers about Aprilia ... not enough dealership support.I do understand that Aprilia is a small bike company , but it still sucks

Quote Originally Posted by FZ1JOE View Post
    This the one thing that bothers about Aprilia ... not enough dealership support.I do understand that Aprilia is a small bike company , but it still sucks
    Irish Mike still at same place but Las Vegas motorcycle rentals gone. Irish Mike still the go to guy for aprilia
    in Las Vegas

I have two dealers nearby, one in Elk Grove, and another in Livermore. As helpful as Micah and crew have been, for a new ape I'd more likely fly down to the Great State of Texas and ride her home from there! Perfect chance to visit family and have some brisket, Texas style...

Bob

apriliaforum prov-nov

Aprilia dealer no more

Not to resurrect a dead thread but FYI Indian Motorcycles of New Orleans is now an Aprilia dealer as well. The only one in Louisiana that sells Aprilia motorcycles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apriliaforum Junkie
    When I bought my first Aprilia, I had a dealer in my city. they actually saw the bike once to replace a radiator under warranty. They shut down shortly after that.

When I was debating on dealer support I knew that it might be a challenge as they like to pop up and go away. The bigger dealers stay around, but it does seem hard for smaller dealers to get a foot hold in their local market. this made me realize that from day one that you have to be prepared to be your own mechanic. It becomes a question of driving to get to a dealer... possibly a second drive back to pick up the bike OR just learn to do it yourself.

This is in no ways a bash against reliability. in fact my aprilia's have been very reliable. except a few problems I have had that where created from a bad accident or my lack of mechanical ability on my behalf (learning... always learning).

edit: the resurrection of this thread got me...

apriliaforum Junkie
    My nearest Aprilia dealer is 3 hours away. Good thing is they've been in business quite a while and I don't see them closing anytime soon.

Hoping I won't have to take my bike there for much of anything.

Had Ducati's before the Aprilia and that dealer was almost two hours away so I'm kinda used to traveling.

I bought my Shiver eighty miles from home, in San Diego, instead of my local dealer, because they offered a better deal.

Had a small oil leak and took to the local guys for warranty work and they told me they are no longer an Aprilia dealer.

Lucky for me, the Ducati/Triumph shop across the street from them picked up Aprilia.

If that hadn't happened, I'd be stuck with going eighty miles south, or seventy five miles north.
    You don't need to earn my respect.
    I give it freely.
    Whether or not you keep it is entirely up to you.

Just a friendly plug for you Utah dudes. 4 certified Ducati techs and 2 of those guys are ex-Aprilia dealer techs. Both the Aprilia techs own Aprilias.

MotoStation in SLC
    "The purpose of Law in our time is to create a web in which the common man cannot live without being guilty of some crime." - Ayn Rand

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast