Thread: Husky CH Racing wxe 50cc AM6 2005 Dim Lights and bike cuts out?

apriliaforum newb

Husky CH Racing wxe 50cc AM6 2005 Dim Lights and bike cuts out?

Hi i brought my step son a bike for his birthday 3 weeks ago so he get on the road and the crank was faulty. Now im no bike mechanic but used this forum to help rebuild his engine from a thread on here which was brilliant and saved me from going to the garage... I had fitted new seals crank, piston and cylinder. The bike fired up first time but now I think he has an electrical fault, these bikes don't have battery's and when the lights are on or indicators they only work when you rev the bike which it failed on its M.O.T, and I also fear this could be the reason why it cuts engine out. I can start the bike then there's no response when I twist the throttle it just bogs down. I have had the carb apart but has made no difference, i tried bumping it and all it does is go along for 10 seconds and cut out again. Any help would be great as I would like to get him on the road and not have him here saying its all my fault for buying a rubbish bike.......

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by ian.c View Post
    RS50 Technical section's best place to post this
    Thank you Ian.

Can't help on the engine not running right apart from check the spark is a nice fat blue spark.

But I've had issues with bikes without battery's in the past come mot time

Headlight bulb make sure it's 35 watt. Change rear light and indicators to led.

As ive owned a few bikes with no battery's and led is the way to go.

Other option I took for an mot on a road legal pit bike I owned without a battery was remove all lights but leave the horn (some black electrical tape in a x fashion would suffice if you don't wish to completely remove)

This will get you an mot with an advisory saying no lights fitted at the time of test.

Then go home connect all the lights back up and be on your way.

apriliaforum newb
    I got it through a day time M.O.T yesterday. I have just removed spark plug and its sparking on and off or not at all. I'm guessing it could be stator wiring as if i move it around it makes a difference. Also if this is AC Powered can i convert to DC and use a battery?

Regards Glenn

No such thing as a daytime mot mate.

It's just an advisory saying no lights fitted at time of test. Done it a few times.

But obviously if you have no lights you will ride it in the daytime only.

But

As soon as ya get home connect everything back up and be happy.

Although it's quite dangerous having your lights go dim at tick over hence the suggestion on led everything except the headlight.

When I was told about 'daytime mot' I thought cool that's my answer, rang up my regular mot place and they corrected me that an mot is an mot there's no special 'daytime mot', it will just have an advisory mentioning no lights were fitted at the time, which is exactly what I received.

So the term day time mot is actually incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by ian.c View Post
    if you get caught riding it at night with no lights fitted then you get prosecuted by the local plod.
    Obviously as that is dangerous, it's not the mot that is restricting your night time riding, it's not having lights, you still have a full mot, it's just illegal to ride/drive in low visability conditions without lights on.

My mot sheets never said day time only on them they had an advisory saying no lights fitted at the time of test.

So guess what I done?

Went home and fit the lights.

Reason I had to remove them the first time I ever went for a mot without lights on a road legal pit bike was because the horn wouldn't work properly with the lights on unless the engine was running at about 2000 rpm.

Trust me I have the correct information I've put many bikes/scooters through mot's without lights for one reason or another and just sorted the lights out when parts arrived at home.

Have you ever seen a mot sheet saying DAYTIME MOT? Because I haven't and I've took my bikes without lights and passed.

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchytom View Post
    No such thing as a daytime mot mate.

It's just an advisory saying no lights fitted at time of test. Done it a few times.

But obviously if you have no lights you will ride it in the daytime only.

So the term day time mot is actually incorrect.
    Agreed,
    it's just listed in the Advisory section as - Lights not fitted at time of test-

commonly REFERRED to as "Daylight MOT" ' cos it's got no lights.

had a few of those myself, actually a simpler MOT.