Thread: lost front cylinder fire time to time

apriliaforum Member

lost front cylinder fire time to time

hi

its me again so after my rebuild the rpm in idle go to 2100rpm to 3200rpm and i just found out why i lost front fire i go to a litel street test ride and wen the front got the fire man this ting is crazy but then burrrrr no more front cylender and im in a drz400 :P and i broke my gasket again .... the front coil is brand new i realy dont know what the problem , it was doing this beafor i rebuild it (gasket broked) and i change everyting piston liner valve crank bearing. i know the motor is ok

apriliaforum Member
    Sounds like either spark or fuel. I would try swapping injectors between cylinders or coils?

apriliaforum Member
    and now my starter just die LOL i just put 3k in the motor man.... wen i will finish everyting will be new on this bike lol

apriliaforum Member
    so after i put the motor on my work table again... i found that its my front cylinder that the head gasket broke so my guess is that the front work good and its the rear one that i lost fire time to time so all the load go to the front and eventualy the gasket broke so i just put a new order on aprilia superstore :P for a nice new starter and coil and gasket lol so i will try this in 2 week :P wen i will have the parts.
    by the way wen i removed the sparkplug cap some of the internal part of the cap stayed on the sparkplug so maybe sometime it was doing some good contac and sometime not. o well i hope its just that. im looking for a used injector to , just to be sure its not that.

The spark plug caps are known to break that would be part of the problem I'd say, i had similar happen to me the bike had a definite miss when idling once o put a new plug cap on it it was fine.

apriliaforum expert
    As to the broken gasket and which cylinder lost fire, I am not sure your theory holds water. I would suggest you guess less. If you are running on one cylinder you can spray fluid, like water, on to the head pipes where they come off the head to see which one is colder. The colder one is the one that is not firing. If you don't have something to spray on it, spit on it. But being sure of which cylinder is dropping should go a long way towards helping you figure out why.

apriliaforum Member
    yea i will for sure wen the part come in i will make more test. but like i sai the front coil and plug are brandnew and wen the gasket broke the exhause smoked whit like hell lol so the front one was hot enought to eveporate prestone and the front exhaust pipe was full of water after it cooled.