Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Racing a Tuono 1100 Factory

apriliaforum prov-nov
    thanks everyone for your input! really appreciate it. I'm headed to texas for 5 weeks and am scheduled to check out a Factory in Houston. When I get back I'll be wrapping up the AFM season then hopefully get some actual hands on time with a Tuono.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by alleycatdad View Post
    More info on the shaft support?
    http://www.oppracing.com/product_dis...iftholder-kit/

http://shift-tech-carbon.com/onlines...roducts_id=497

i had a miss-shift in 3rd, it engaged 3rd for 3secs then dropped to neutral, built up revs and slipped back in and wheelied like a monster lol

now im looking at these as well,

apriliaforum prov-nov
    so Toohomo you mentioned upgrading the shock and forks; does that mean the Factory Ohlins kit is not that good or are you going from an RR and upgrading the suspension? If you're suggesting upgrading the Factory Ohlins kit, then doesn't it make sense to just buy the RR and get better suspension parts and save the money that way? The only difference are the rims, shock, and fork right?

I had a stock 2012 Tuono not an RSV4 mate, ohlins front and rear is more than capable

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FXCLM5 View Post
    why not just an rsv4?
    ^^THIS^^

Why would you race a Tuono vs an RSV4? Since displacement is the same, you will be racing in the same class. In my neck of the woods (CRA) you would be competing with 200rwhp decked and cammed ZX10's, R1's and CBR1000's, and 1199 Panigale's. Racing a Tuono would not be competitive. Better to stick with riding track days.

apriliaforum Junkie
    fyi factory ohlins on the factory bikes are never as good as ohlins aftermarket

they are a big step up from the oem sachs though

stock gearing is 15 42 I believe
    2017 Sherco 300 SER Factory
    2016 Tuono 1100 Factory
    2015 TREK 7.3

Quote Originally Posted by drvacation View Post
    arthritis, and come out to a trackxperiance or mwgp event and see how much the handle bars are holding me back, you just got to motard your style a little, I can carve right inside most guys in the tight corners, It's not as big a handicap as you'd think
    Are you a MWGP Novice or Expert? What was your number? I don't remember seeing an T4's in 2015.

Team Punisher/AF1 Racing:
    World's Fastest Aprilia RSV 200.8mph
    Texas Mile Record Holder - Fastest Twin
    ------------------------------

2014/2015 Moto West Grand Prix Formula Singles Champion
    2016 WERA West Clubman Expert and D Superbike Champion

Quote Originally Posted by derbybrit1 View Post
    Are you a MWGP Novice or Expert? What was your number? I don't remember seeing an T4's in 2015.
    Got my mwgp license the first time they came to Vegas, was going to race senior and novice, then they bailed on Vegas, So sticking with trackxperiance he'll I get 22trackdays 6plus tracks 14 layouts 2200.00 bucks and always someone to chase or pass

Got my mwgp license the first time they came to Vegas, was going to race senior and novice, then they bailed on Vegas, So sticking with trackxperiance he'll I get 22trackdays 6plus tracks 14 layouts 2200.00 bucks and always someone to chase or pass
    You must have been at the Pahrump MWGP Round 1 in 2015. David Price would have been your New Riders School instructor. They cancelled the September 2015 round, probably due to the heat and expected low turnout. MWGP doesn't have a Senior class, per se, but has Formula 40 and Formula 50 middleweight and heavyweight (your Tuono would be heavyweight). You can run those classes after you graduate from Novice, should you decide to come back and try your hand at racing.

TrackExperience organization runs a good trackday event org. Can't go wrong with that plan either. Better get on good terms with your tire guy.

Team Punisher/AF1 Racing:
    World's Fastest Aprilia RSV 200.8mph
    Texas Mile Record Holder - Fastest Twin
    ------------------------------

2014/2015 Moto West Grand Prix Formula Singles Champion
    2016 WERA West Clubman Expert and D Superbike Champion

Right you are on all counts and yea I'm on a first name basis with the Pirelli guy, I call him dale and he calls me his bitch,lol

apriliaforum prov-nov
    yes any specific questions? and as an 1100 what class do you plan on running? first things I'd do is a radial master cylinder, but I stayed with the stock calipers, to me they work great and I'm known on the track to be wickedly good on the brakes, also 1100 frame/ swing arm set up/angles and measurements slightly different than 1000's so your going to need to feel out our advise set up wise. 2nd recommendation a real steering dampener, and how many lines showing on your forks? 3rd race map and can with cat delete a.s.a.p. not available yet, and 15 tooth front sprocket, A must for racing, I like a 520 chain set up, better throttle response/feel) and depending on track any ware from 42-45 rear sprocket, also what weight are you for shock fork advise. Also how much track/race experience do you have? Are you in the fast group on track days? be honest with telling us your riding level and we can help more, you also need tire warmers and a generator or you'll tear up race tires, and what percentage of time will be spent on track, this bikes so hooligan I'm going 90% track with mine now
    drvacation, how many lines are showing on fork? how did you determine fork lines, best setup? I have a 2013 Tuono, that i just installed andreani fork kit and 2016.5 RF ohlins rear shock. what tires are you using at track? I when through a set of RS10 in two trackdays (100 miles total).

thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12