Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decel Popping

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I cut the wires back after I pulled the clip out, tried to crimp it back the best I could and soldered to the clip, taped them up, then reinserted them. VR is in the mail.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Well finally got my "round-2-it" and installed the new CB600 regulator. I popped out the pins on the new one and stuff them in the old plug (reds/greens) and cut the plug off the old and new, then soldered the old one on to the new Reg. Not the best job, but I worked for the Government. Fired up the bike and was getting about 13.4V. Whoo hoo!!! Ya, not so fast. After it warmed up a bit it dropped a little. Rev'd it up to about 5k and it got worse. About 12.3. Lights on off ect, didn't make a difference. Found out that the indicator is up to 1.5V off, showing a lower reading. If there is any caveat to this, the back firing seems to have gone down a noticeable amount. But keep in mind I had to fix the other set of wires to, and I hadn't run it since. So one or both helped, but I still could tell it was doing it.

So I'll go back later and recheck the ohm reading on the stator wires. I think my volt meter isn't quit up to speed when doing an ohm check on a part, but seems to 0 out when I hold the leads together. So in the long run, I have about 1+ volts more than I did, the bike still runs cold, it does pop some, it....I guess still needs to be flashed, and I wonder if I should think about a new coil?? You guys seem to know where to look for the good prices on parts.....soooo, if there is a place with a good coil or stator price...I'd appreciate it. I say that because even though the AF1 sight has parts, there seem to always be another one that is interchangeable and at a lower price. And that's a Kudo's! to you all for finding them. Sorry it takes so long to get back to you all on my endeavors, but as I have said like a broken record....the plastic sucks!!!!!
    Last edited by muzzy; 11-14-2017 at 01:59 PM.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Nothing new done to the bike. Still has low voltage......maybe a wire somewhere... who knows. As for the popping. One thing I did notice more yesterday taking it for a test ride, is if you sort of snap the throttle just off idle and let go, it seems to pop on the let go part. I was coasting about 30mph when I was doing this. I actually took the throttle cable covers off to see if there was some sort of shorting going on, but no dice. So here's what I'm wondering. Since these things have a habit of running rich, I pulled the old air filter and replaced it with a piece of skotch brite. Trying to lean it out.....I guess.... Could it be that when I let off the throttle when I snap it, be running too lean for that split second and causing it pop? This also happens when it's warm and I'm coming to stop right after the clutch disengauges. It will cause it to stall. Did I notice it before?? No. Wasn't looking for that kind of response from removing the air filter. In the last year it has crapped on me the both times I took it out, so I'm not looking to take a ride short of up and down the street. The other day was my fault by no snapping the plug wire on good. Had to be picked up and caught it when I got home. Time before that, loose battery connections started melting the fuse holder and left me stranded. Check those connections, they seem to like to come loose.

apriliaforum expert
    Muzzy, which specific model and model year Aprilia do you have??

I don't think I saw it.

Vernon

apriliaforum prov-nov
    '03 Atlantic 500.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12