Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ABS problem

Easy to have the tyre fitted wrong way on the rim, then put the wheel into the forks according to the tyre - meaning the signal isn't picked up by the sensor.
    I always draw a big arrow of rotation on the discs when changing tyres! Not so much of a problem on the back wheel... the sprocket's a bit of a clue.
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

apriliaforum newb

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=bros400pgm;3900889] Good one [/QUOT
    thnx for helping everyone.
    thats the issue.
    I've testing jet and it seems OK !
    Only a litlle nois of scratching while full power braking With max damping force.

Quote Originally Posted by Precis View Post
    Easy to have the tyre fitted wrong way on the rim, then put the wheel into the forks according to the tyre - meaning the signal isn't picked up by the sensor.
    I always draw a big arrow of rotation on the discs when changing tyres! Not so much of a problem on the back wheel... the sprocket's a bit of a clue.

I know. It was a good tip.
    I was expecting for a professional to know how to mount the tyres and put back wheels. I was wrong though.

apriliaforum newb

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bros400pgm View Post
    I know. It was a good tip.
    I was expecting for a professional to know how to mount the tyres and put back wheels. I was wrong though.
    And its was not the frontweel direction ,probeley something in my head ?

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic View Post
    A few months ago me and two friend had some mountain riding time. During the 1st of our 2 day trip we decided to do some off-roading and the paths we took were a bit hard for our beasts(they rode a BMW R1150 and R1200 GS Adventure) so had a few falls. I had two falls both with zero speed an stuck in the mud(clay). I had the ABS turned off during the time we went off-road and we we hit the gravel again i turned it on again. After a few kms the ABS light went on and deactivated the ABS. I had the bike checked and the fault was "ABS INNER VALVE FAULT". Manual says i should replace the unit but it is very expensive as you all know. I cannot understand what happened to the unit because the bike fell very smooth and in the mud so it is impossible to broke something in it. The funny thing is that if i drive for a few kms(20 for example) and turn the bike off and start it again the ABS works again!!!
    I am thinking of replacing the unit with a BMW 650 unit but i want to be certain that it will work so i am asking the guys that fitted one to their MK1 bikes if they had any problems??
    If anyone has an idea how to fix the problem please share your thoughts!
    Hello fooks,
    now the ABS light burning at all Time on mine bike , I know its around Christmas but that’s not the issue. How can I get information what the electrical problem is , tune ecu had not this option to read the ABS system I guesses ,so is there an other option for to read it out ?
    greetssss 🎅🏼

apriliaforum newb
    For the ones that are following this ; Near the Aprilia Dealer, there's no ABS module communication with the diagnostic , harnes/cables cheque are o.k. , conclusion: ABS unit defective .
    Now searching for a abs module

Quote Originally Posted by henzel View Post
    For the ones that are following this ; Near the Aprilia Dealer, there's no ABS module communication with the diagnostic , harnes/cables cheque are o.k. , conclusion: ABS unit defective .
    Are you certain the sensors are OK?

If the ECU is not getting input from the ABS there may be a more simple solution.

Under your rear seat in the tool compartment is the 10 amp ABS fuse. This could be blown or have bad connections. I have had fuses fail that otherwise look pretty good - but swap them out and voilà - all is good.

I just started my bike several times - one cycle I pulled the ABS fuse and indeed the ABS light stays on. Put the fuse and and off it goes.

I have not read all your posts - just sometimes the gremlin is hiding and I would check all those fuse connections and points - if the fuse or connection is wonky - it will throw the light.

Now all that said - my pin connectors for the ABS fuse don't look great - and I'm coastal but not wet - however have noticed the bike is starting to oxidize everywhere - so just a thought.
    06' Caponord

apriliaforum expert
    Or ride it without abs...the system is pretty basic tbh
    I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa Gaz View Post
    Or ride it without abs...the system is pretty basic tbh
    For the price of a new ABS module might as well part out the bike.

Honestly I've never looked very hard at the ABS system - I have the wiring schematic printed out on my wall poster size and noticed the ABS ECU has a separate diagnostic plug too.... Heck I have no idea where that diagnostic plug is even at....

However having fixed stuff that was not broken before - I try to take the very simple and methodical way and if there is any chance the fuse or fuse connections have a fault - I'm going there first - even if I re-wire the fuse just to check.

And yes, at 3,100 for a new ABS unit, a bit of black tape over the light would do the trick for me.
    06' Caponord

Yup, no light......no problem
    2002 Capo Wilbers rear shock, Wilbers front progressive springs, Metal fuel connectors, polaris sh775 series regulator direct wired, silicone vacuum lines, catfish map, CNC clutch slave, autoelectrics coils (2)sides, Triumph Denso 3990's centers, k&n air filter, all LED lighting, SS brake and clutch lines, Givi tall screen, Triumph tiger 955i mirrors, dual horns. Pure copper 4 gauge battery cables. Rox risers.

Quote Originally Posted by henzel View Post
    This thread http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...ponord+abs+bmw relates to installing ABS on a caponord and it used a BMW F650 ABS module as they are apparantly very similar. A quick look on eBay shows loads of the BMW units at very cheap prices, it could be worth trying one of these if your module really is toast as a much cheaper option.

Pugwash
    Remember, you cannot outrun a motorola!

2003 Caponord
    2007 FJR1300AS
    2010 KLX250

apriliaforum expert
    Black tape is free!!!
    I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy

Quote Originally Posted by pugwash View Post

This thread http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...ponord+abs+bmw relates to installing ABS on a caponord and it used a BMW F650 ABS module as they are apparantly very similar. A quick look on eBay shows loads of the BMW units at very cheap prices, it could be worth trying one of these if your module really is toast as a much cheaper option.

Pugwash
    It's me, i was there, and happy to help. I have all pin-to-pin diagrams.
    "I'm not sure whether I'm an actor who races or a racer who acts." Steve McQueen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12