Thread: Fishing for Broken Fuel Nipple

apriliaforum newb

Fishing for Broken Fuel Nipple

Lifting the tank broke my plastic fuel nipple and left it deep in the fuel line. I found the tank support jammed nicely into the broken nipple to stop the flow of gas. My new brass fuel quick disconnect arrived, but the broken nipple was 1 inch inside the fuel line. Apartment living doesn't allow for a wide variety of wood screws to be stored, so I had to get creative. I never mounted my hand blender to the wall and I had some picture hanging nails. This was the final solution after 5 others.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Glad you got it stoppered. You may consider new fuel lines for the return and proper clamps.
    01 Blue #84, adopted 11/12 with: HeliBars, foam grips, 05 map, Devil cans/stock silencer, derestricted, metal QD, dash socket, R/R mod. Me: Ford relay +10g & grd, Fuel pump rewire/filter, FPR, vac hoses. CBR coils/harness+ Magnecor, clutch switch bypass. S.S. front line, RaceTech Gold valves, tapered head bearings. Lots of LED lighting mods/running lights- signals/brake LED bulbs. Flashing brake light. All lights but Hi/park/brake on dash switch. Hi beam mod, vest plug, wiring block, blue dash SMD's/Red V meter, Tune IFT. Stripped/polished rims, ESA dk tint vented screen, KB etc/axle/petal disc. FH008 soldered DC plug/added grd, soldered AC. L/R turn indicators on dash. 8/2/13 smushed. 9/22/13 back. Rehab complete 8/10/14.