Page 5 of 116 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your Caponord today?

apriliaforum Member
    Pictures!

apriliaforum Member
    First, I fitted a new radiator protector to protect, in particular, the lower oil radiator. As you can see from the first photo, the short length of the front mudguard results in a lot of mess hitting both radiators and there's already some minor damage at the bottom of the oil radiator.

Before

After
    [/QUOTE]

New extended mudguard is on order.

Then, I got it on the road for the first time in 2015 and gave it an Italian tuneup

apriliaforum Member
    Today I fitted a 44 Tooth rear sprocket. Noticeable improvement, no more need to slip the clutch out of slow corners and round roundabouts. Quite pleased with that.
    My mods so far:
    MRA X-Screen with sport spoiler, cured the buffeting and noise.
    Garmin 390LM fitted using Engimoto mount, used bikes power cable modified to take Garmin plug.
    R&G Radiator and oil cooler screen, essential I think.
    Fiamm AM80S horn, replaces the original child's toy supplied!
    Ultimate Add-ons phone holder and power cable with RAM mount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

apriliaforum Member
    What does that sprocket do to the top end speed?

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GregKingston View Post
    What does that sprocket do to the top end speed?
    I don't think it'll make a big difference, I rarely go near top speed what with speed cameras etc. it does make it more pleasant to ride and sixth is less of an overdrive gear.

apriliaforum expert dadsafrantic's Avatar
    I commuted to work and back in the sf bay area, 80+/- miles. Richmond to san mateo and back. this capo is really an awesome commute bike. the cruise control really save on gas. i ride with side cases and little red top box. filtering is not an issue. prius drivers are the issue.

i actually commute every day on the capo. my 40-60 minutes each way would be 1.5-2.5 more time in a cage.
    Dadsafrantic

2015 Red Caponord #64
    2008 Mana Grey #81, hyperpro springs and shock, gpr furuore, rigid lights, bark busters, kaoko throttle lock, puig touring screen

B787MECH, I would like to go with a larger rear sprocket also. Can you tell me, is it a simple unbolt and replace? Do you know of any instructions I should read? And last, did the stock chain work? Thanx, joe

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by motojo View Post
    B787MECH, I would like to go with a larger rear sprocket also. Can you tell me, is it a simple unbolt and replace? Do you know of any instructions I should read? And last, did the stock chain work? Thanx, joe
    Please don't take this as being rude but if you don't know how either get a friend to show you or get a shop to do it. It's not hard but it's not something you want to have go wrong.

Was hoping I wouldnt come across as a know nothing. I have worked on automobiles and motorcycles for over fourty years. Timing belts,install cams, brakes,carbs, distributors, and complete frame off restorations, by myself, no help. Just looking for pointers fredaroony.

apriliaforum Member
    Was hoping I wouldnt come across as a know nothing. I have worked on automobiles and motorcycles for over fourty years. Timing belts,install cams, brakes,carbs, distributors, and complete frame off restorations, by myself, no help. Just looking for pointers fredaroony.
    Joe

You will have no problem at all. Simply remove the back wheel and replace the sprocket. Just use a bit of loctite (if you prefer) and make sure to torque up the bolts properly. I don't believe chain length will be an issue for a few extra teeth.

You will find this forum helpful. Keep asking.

apriliaforum Member
    Hi Motojo, the sprocket is bolted to a sprocket carrier which fits into the cush drive in the wheel. Not a difficult job if you are a confident mechanic. The stiff nuts should be replaced for safety, loctited and torqued up. They have had a tendency to come loose on previous models and should be checked frequently. My bike came with a chain that was too long so fitting a 44T rear sprocket actually put the chain adjusters back where they should be.

apriliaforum expert
    Fair enough and hence why I said don't take it as being rude. It's just that if you're asking on a forum regarding changing a sprocket it's hard to gauge your experience level.

The Caponord is a pretty standard setup so you shouldnt have any issues.

Thank you guys for replies, nice straightforward easy job, just what I was hoping for. With new and hi-tech bikes I am always afraid I will come upon something unexpected and not know how to deal with it. I will order those nuts in advance, get the proper loc-tite, and use a torque wrench.

apriliaforum Member
    hi motojo, ive changed mine to 44t and it is quite straight forward. I think the 2 extra teeth give you a bit more adjustment to play with also.

I've installed a classic Givi rear plate and an extension of side stand. I think the plate are fantastic!

[/quote]
    P.S. sorry for my bad English!!

Aprilia Caponord 1200 Rosso Formula
    Aprilia Rst Futura '02
    Aprilia Caponord RR '04 "Gundam" o "Biscottone".
    Aprilia Pegaso Cube 650 '01 "La piccola".

Page 5 of 116 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast