Page 3 of 116 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your Caponord today?

Quote Originally Posted by Markprend View Post
    $800 in Aus
    That's about SGD$861. Have you done yours? What are the things the servicing consist of?

Quote Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post
    20k and you live on a tiny island! That's pretty good work
    LOL! It's my Italian Stallion. My work horse who bring me to and fro work..and up the neighbouring country, Malaysia. Did an 800km day trip last Saturday.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Its all in the manual. They need to check to valves for adjustment

That's my guess

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by dsgfh View Post
    That's my guess
    Could always put of these batteries in, lot more powerful than the stock one http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SSB-12V-L...item3385410085

I've noticed that whenever the bike's temperature is at the 5th bar(ignition on, engine off), you may have trouble starting the bike right away. Does anyone encounter this before?

And i just hit 301km after my last fill and it's still not hit reserve yet...usually it will be avg 280km before it hit reserve. (street riding as per normal and travel route is the same) Something got to do with the 20,000km mark?

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by idiakez View Post
    I've noticed that whenever the bike's temperature is at the 5th bar(ignition on, engine off), you may have trouble starting the bike right away. Does anyone encounter this before?

And i just hit 301km after my last fill and it's still not hit reserve yet...usually it will be avg 280km before it hit reserve. (street riding as per normal and travel route is the same) Something got to do with the 20,000km mark?
    You talking about when it pauses right before it starts turning the engine over? I get that but it doesn't seem like an actual issue.

apriliaforum Member
    Yesterday I got Pilot Road 4s put on. I've covered a grand total of about 1km on them so far

On the weekend, I'll recalibrate the ATC and check them out with a long ride. Hoping to get quite a bit more mileage out of these ones.

Quote Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post
    You talking about when it pauses right before it starts turning the engine over? I get that but it doesn't seem like an actual issue.
    The pauses you refering to is when the LCD screen turn blank and then back again right? Nope. Not this issue. The one i'm refering to is screen display is normal and i cranked till voltmeter drop till 9V+ and still not starting.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by idiakez View Post
    The pauses you refering to is when the LCD screen turn blank and then back again right? Nope. Not this issue. The one i'm refering to is screen display is normal and i cranked till voltmeter drop till 9V+ and still not starting.
    Don't remember mine turning blank, it just pauses for a second then starts.

apriliaforum Member
    Actually got my Capo out on the road today for the first time in about 2 months. Only for a hour but was good to get back in the saddle.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by dsgfh View Post
    It was a new experience for me. Not sure if it was flooded, or if the fuel was blocking the injectors (or perhaps a rat in the tail pipe?) Either way, it would try to start, bog down & splutter smoke. Once I got it going it started happily every time afterwards, including thankfully this morning as I headed off to work.
    So weird...really similar thing happened to me this morning for the first time. It was just like a flooded carb bike and the only way it would start if I gave it more throttle.

The only difference today was is that I put it on the side stand and I always start it on the centrestand in my garage. Started first thing for the rest of the day but really weird.

apriliaforum expert
    I fitted a Sigma bicycle computer/speedo. Fairly easy to fit but wire from sensor to the head unit not long enough, easy to extend though. Easily swaps from MPH to Km/hr and reads upto 199. Also displays ambient temp. Fixes two things that should be STANDARD on a bike like the Caponord. Now I can travel on the continent without having to double take the very small speed display on my sat nav. Cost 18.
    PS a friend tried a wireless version but didn't work due to interferance from the ignition system.

Name:  IMGP1002.JPG
Views: 665
Size:  270.0 KB
    Name:  IMGP1004.JPG
Views: 664
Size:  154.2 KB
    Name:  IMGP1011.JPG
Views: 664
Size:  179.2 KB

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by RSTman View Post
    I fitted a Sigma bicycle computer/speedo. Fairly easy to fit but wire from sensor to the head unit not long enough, easy to extend though. Easily swaps from MPH to Km/hr and reads upto 199. Also displays ambient temp. Fixes two things that should be STANDARD on a bike like the Caponord. Now I can travel on the continent without having to double take the very small speed display on my sat nav. Cost 18.
    PS a friend tried a wireless version but didn't work due to interferance from the ignition system.
    Out of curiousity, why wouldnt you use a GPS instead?
    Last edited by fredaroony; 12-21-2014 at 04:55 PM.

apriliaforum expert
    QUOTE]

Out of curiousity, why wouldnt you use a GPS instead?[/QUOTE]

I'm using my phone as a sat nav and the speed display on the software is too small for comfort when in navigation mode. Can't buy a another GPS device for 18.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by RSTman View Post
    I'm using my phone as a sat nav and the speed display on the software is too small for comfort when in navigation mode. Can't buy a another GPS device for 18.
    I use Tomtom on a iPhone 5C and it works pretty good. Is kind of small though.
    Last edited by fredaroony; 12-21-2014 at 04:55 PM.

Page 3 of 116 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast