Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Capo/Fut fuel injector replacement/non oem alternative

Have to agree - clean them. My capo sat for years before being sold with fresh fuel only periodically going in. I never pulled them and I should - but squeak by on Techron cleaner in heavy doses one or twice a year. It's pissing down rain here - I should pull them now and mail them to AF1 for cleaning...
    06' Caponord

apriliaforum newb
    Hey guys thanks for the replies. I took them for ultrasonic cleaning and testing twice, the rear cylinder injector works by 80% and slowly declining (the bike is absolutely undrivable at this state) , for whatever reason it can't be restored to 100%, my mechanic said its unavoidable, they need to be replaced. He called Aprilia in my country (Cyprus) to ask how much they cost so we can order them, they said 600 EUR a set, we closed the phone on the guys face whilst laughing and crying hysterically.

And here we are, looking for an alternative, cheaper replacement, mind you i ordered the injectors mention in this thread (1984E0) from ebay at 40 EUR a set, I personally believe they wont work but hey, at least i have to try something.

apriliaforum newb
    Hi guys. Do you have any news about fuel injector replacement? It looks like 1984E0 not a best choice cause they have only one hole for spraying gasoline...

I promise to not mention this again....

As we know, some critical parts for these bikes have gone obsolete, and with no known acceptable alternatives. I haven't seen any good used Capo throttle bodies FS in a long time, but several Futura ones have shown up. Here's the latest, and it's a really clean set at a good price. http://tinyurl.com/ybw5w9pl
    So for $99, you get an aluminum body you can't use on the Capo, but... you can use the injectors, FPR, TPS, all plastic fuel pipes and O rings, and idle air screws - all unobtanium these days. If you don't need those parts now, clean them up and put away as spares. This seems to me to be smarter and a lot less expensive than fooking around buying car injectors that look the same but won't work on the bike - waste of time and money. Just saying...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	196.1 KB 
ID:	346548

Hi Stu why can't you use the futura tb's ? Am I missing something I know some have put them on

Quote Originally Posted by haga lout View Post
    Hi Stu why can't you use the futura tb's ? Am I missing something I know some have put them on
    Yes, some have put them on, but that doesn't mean they worked properly. Their bore is larger than the Capo TB, and they will alter intake velocity. Remember, the Futura engine is in a different state of tune.

Hey guys dose anyone know the spray ark of the stock injectors or of there is any offset angle.
    Am looking at replacing mine and cant sorce original injectors. Have tryed cleaning but the injectors are jaming and misfiring when they get hot.
    I have ordered some Siemens Deka 440cc. They are 14.5mm oring 12.5 ohm and are a little shorter then stock but ill just machine some spacers. They have 30 cone spray.

http://www.siemensdekafuelinjectors....e-short-style/
    Last edited by ShiVaaN85; 01-21-2018 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiVaaN85 View Post
    Hey guys dose anyone know the spray ark of the stock injectors or of there is any offset angle.
    Am looking at replacing mine and cant sorce original injectors. Have tryed cleaning but the injectors are jaming and misfiring when they get hot.
    I have ordered some Siemens Deka 440cc. They are 14.5mm oring 12.5 ohm and are a little shorter then stock but ill just machine some spacers. They have 30 cone spray.

I have seen some specs on the Triumph Sagem injectors. This is the forum, it is a good read. The image below is the attachment
    http://www.thespeedtriple.com/forum/...injectors.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-01-21 21-43-36.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	349985
    2002 Capo Wilbers rear shock, Wilbers front progressive springs, Metal fuel connectors, polaris sh775 series regulator direct wired, silicone vacuum lines, catfish map, CNC clutch slave, autoelectrics coils (2)sides, Triumph Denso 3990's centers, k&n air filter, all LED lighting, SS brake and clutch lines, Givi tall screen, Triumph tiger 955i mirrors, dual horns. Pure copper 4 gauge battery cables. Rox risers.

apriliaforum expert calgaryjeff's Avatar
    I have found that running a can of this stuff through (broken up into 2 or 3 tankfuls) helps keep them shiny and clean. It's not a full on service but it will do a great job of de-gunking the injectors and the entire fuel system.

https://www.bgprod.com/catalog/gasol...ystem-cleaner/

2003 CapoNord
    1985 Honda VF1000R (gone to a new home)
    IBA #23204

sorry for the delayed reply but have been running the above mentioned injectors since start of Feb and have done 3500-Km since and ride daily.
    Have fatten up the map quite alot to see what these babies can do.
    Im happy with the results thus far but im not afraid of an experiment. so know your risks.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiVaaN85 View Post

I'm curious what you mean by "shorter" and where the spacers would go. Sorry if this sounds silly - I'm just trying to picture how a shorter injector would fit.
    06' Caponord

apriliaforum Member
    Does anyone have good pics of the injector, say from various angles? Pictures that are clean enough in detail so that someone who really knows this inside and out could have a reference point and then from a selection compare specifications from that lot? The Sagem injectors don't seem to cross reference but that doesn't mean there isn't one. I'm just trying to lend a hand here.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345