Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Aftermarket vendors - BMWOA National rally - Aprilia Caponord 1200

  1. #1
    apriliaforum Junkie
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Western Iowa
    Posts
    261

    Cool Aftermarket vendors - BMWOA National rally - Aprilia Caponord 1200

    Currently I am planning on attending the BMWOA rally in Minnesota. I am going because being an ex Beemer girl I remember enjoying the rally. Second being a capo girl now I am looking for more aftermarket vendor support. The BMWOA Rally has them all that may in future be supporting our new Capo. So I plan to talk with them about engine guards, skid plates, adventure luggage, etc... Hope they are receptive.

  2. #2
    apriliaforum prov-nov
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    87
    Excellent. A protection for the underneath cables would be great

  3. #3
    apriliaforum prov-nov
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    the other Oz
    Posts
    37

    BMW MOA International Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryannagirl View Post
    Currently I am planning on attending the BMWOA rally in Minnesota.
    I will be there also, but on a K75S. You should be easy to find!

    We should talk to the same vendors about the Capo support (but not together) so they will think there is a large untapped market for what the Capo needs!
    shopping - Caponord?
    1992 BMW K75S (never sell)
    1997 BMW F650ST (my Aprilia connection) (sold)
    2004 BMW R1100S (now owned by a deer)
    and about 10 others

  4. #4
    apriliaforum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    134
    Hepco recently introduce a skid plate. But cancel the manufacturing.
    According to the hepco dealer in singapore. Theytold me hepco is not going to produce it due to lack of market demand.

    Hopefully some companys will produce one.

  5. #5
    apriliaforum Junkie idiakez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by morganoh View Post
    Hepco recently introduce a skid plate. But cancel the manufacturing.
    According to the hepco dealer in singapore. Theytold me hepco is not going to produce it due to lack of market demand.

    Hopefully some companys will produce one.

  6. #6
    apriliaforum Junkie
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Western Iowa
    Posts
    261
    Chicken or the egg - if you build it they will come. I am not sure how many capo 1200 have been sold but my guess it is enough to support some production. I think this bike is here to stay and as long as Aprilia does not do a major redesign (highly unlikely based on past history) the number of customers should keep growing. They just opened the model to North America in March. I think demand for the Capo will be influenced by vendor support and vendor support will be be influenced by number of units sold. We need a couple vendors - Hepco is good but Touratech or altrider would be good also

  7. #7
    apriliaforum Junkie Redst4s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    343
    Hepco sucks as a manufacturer of Aprilia aftermarket, had their crash bars for my 2006 Capo; a nightmare to install; The damn things needed to be modified and if it was not for dremmel I would have tossed them out. Thank the lord they won't be making the typical garbage for our great bikes. Lets hope a serious company like Rizoma makes some top quality properly engineered parts for our beloved Aprilias.
    2015 RED Capo Too many smiles to the gallon!
    2006 Capo, Still one of my favorites! Sold: at AF1 Austin
    Ducati St4s 03, (My ride in bella Italia)
    Old Faithful Triumph Daytona T595...1998
    2006 Triumph Speed Triple sold
    1986 Yamaha FZ(sold)

  8. #8
    apriliaforum prov-nov Geno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Redst4s View Post
    Hepco sucks as a manufacturer of Aprilia aftermarket, had their crash bars for my 2006 Capo; a nightmare to install; The damn things needed to be modified and if it was not for dremmel I would have tossed them out. Thank the lord they won't be making the typical garbage for our great bikes. Lets hope a serious company like Rizoma makes some top quality properly engineered parts for our beloved Aprilias.
    I just installed my H-B bars - very good quality and fit just fine, although I needed to remove the charcoal canister.
    We're here for a good time - not a long time..

  9. #9
    apriliaforum expert twinkiethekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    South of Atlanta but North of Orlando
    Posts
    6,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    I just installed my H-B bars - very good quality and fit just fine, although I needed to remove the charcoal canister.
    I thought violating CARB rules was punishable by the last death penalty on the books in CA...
    '03 Falco, in the fast colors
    '15 Caponord #119

    Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to roast in the depths of a Slor that day I can tell you.
    Constitution Allah Ackbar Tea Party bomb abortion patriot gun IRS Islam dog whistle Obama prayer tax surveillance

  10. #10
    apriliaforum prov-nov Geno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiethekid View Post
    I thought violating CARB rules was punishable by the last death penalty on the books in CA...
    Yes, it is, but by the time they get around to executing me, I'll be 120...
    We're here for a good time - not a long time..

Similar Threads

  1. Aprilia caponord 1200 the story so far
    By keithc in forum 2014-2017 Caponord 1200
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 09-02-2017, 09:18 PM
  2. 2013 Aprilia CapoNord 1200
    By Stanleybobly in forum ETV1000 CapoNord (2001-2007)
    Replies: 226
    Last Post: 05-11-2015, 07:03 PM
  3. Aprilia caponord 1200 panniers bracket
    By rngarciajr in forum 2014-2017 Caponord 1200
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-08-2013, 05:31 AM
  4. Aprilia Caponord 1200 and Moto Guzzi California 1400
    By DaRocka in forum Aprilia News and Product Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-18-2012, 05:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •