Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alps TT revisited 2015

Alps TT revisited 2015

A couple of ideas on how to do an Alps TT revisited Hoon.

Depending on numbers.

Of course there’s always room for some input from others but as with all Hoons if there’s ten Hooners there’s ten ways of doing it, so, while we will try and accommodate people’s ideas, once a plan is in place and money is in to cover deposits, travel etc. that will be it.

Plan A. Over 10 max 16 riders, two parties, could be a 10 and a 6 or two 8’s, one leaving from the North/Midlands (ish) [Hull to Zeebrugge} and one leaving from the South {Train or ferry to Calais]

Northern posse leaving Hull Friday evening, Sothern posse leaving Saturday morning.

Meet up in Langres (or a place to be agreed) Saturday evening.

Depart Langres Sunday morning, different routes if numbers are high, heading for LaClusaz.

Similar route home, Friday half way, Saturday split up for Calais and Zeebrugge.. The over night Ferry from Zeebrugge gets us home Sunday, whereas Calais to Dover/Folkestone would get you home Saturday night but it's a long ride for anyone further North than me.

Plan B. Ten riders or less and we agree a starting point, Hull or Dover, or we do both and meet on the way to Langres and do the rest of the trip together..

For those with mates or family that may be interested but aren’t members here, can you speak to them and see what level of interest there is? Thank you.

Interest so far; The Doc, Omen, H, me, our Steve, Tifa, Hairy. We could do with some new faces and some Euro Hoon virgins to sample the delights of French roads and food. The new blood to carry the Hoon torch..

Cheers

windy
    Last edited by windy; 06-04-2014 at 04:09 AM.
    Budding Authors, check this out. A friends venture.

http://www.stickybooks.co.uk/index.html

Windy, sounds like a good plan & really boils down to numbers & the split between north & south riders. Let's see who shows an interest & is willing to put down some cash.

Road to Langres is a fair distance for the first day & sets us up nicely for Day 2 arriving in La Clusaz.

Some lads pertaining to be from "team Ninja" May be interested.

Cheers matey

D.
    Current bike
    2004 Tuono Fighter

Previous bikes
    2009 Tuono Factory Black Dream
    2006 Yamaha R1 Speed Block 50th Anniversary Edition
    2001 Suzuki SV650

Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    Windy, sounds like a good plan & really boils down to numbers & the split between north & south riders. Let's see who shows an interest & is willing to put down some cash.

Road to Langres is a fair distance for the first day & sets us up nicely for Day 2 arriving in La Clusaz.

Some lads pertaining to be from "team Ninja" May be interested.

Cheers matey

D.
    I've stayed at Langres 4 times on the way, leaving Zeebrugge and Calais, it's easily doable..

Numbers are the key to the plan although even if we only have 12 we could still set off from Hull and Dover. The doc may choose to ride down and stay over with H even though Hull would be closer, Our Steve will probably ride to Hull even though there isn't much in it to ride South. So, it's more a case of where you would like to ride to for your depart/return destination rather than where you setting off from (home) if you get may drift. I quite like the night on the ferry..

You wouldn't get me near that bloody Ferry even if stashed with 400 vestal virgins on a piss up

Euro Chunnel for me every day. There's always a bed or two spare at my place for those that feel likewise and Windy do we have to wait till next year. Can't we do it in September. Next year is a whole year away....
    BMW S1000XR,BMW C600,Honda Crosstourer Sold, Moto Guzzi Stelvio Sold, BMW 1200GS Sold, KTM 450 EXC Sold, Yamaha TMAX 500 sold, Tuono 1000R Factory, Yamaha WR250F Stolen, Tuono 1000 Fighter Crashed, Aprilia Atlantic 500 Blown up, Yamaha Fazer 1000 Sold, Triumph Speed Tripple 955i Sold, Suzuki GSXR750 Sold, Montessa 305 Sold, Yamaha XJR1200 Sold, BMW K75 Sold after 1 week, Hardley 1200 Sold, Montessa 250 Stolen, Kawasaki GPX750R Sold, Yamaha XJ 600 Crashed, Yamaha RD350 Stolen, Suzuki TS250 Sold, Suzuki GS125 Sold, Suzuki AP50 Crashed Crashed Sold

Still got the Tuono, it's a keeper.

On the Englandshire side of the Welsh Border
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry H View Post
    You wouldn't get me near that bloody Ferry even if stashed with 400 vestal virgins on a piss up

Euro Chunnel for me every day. There's always a bed or two spare at my place for those that feel likewise and Windy do we have to wait till next year. Can't we do it in September. Next year is a whole year away....
    This.

Traditional clocks back weekend even?

I couldn't do a big trip like this in September and probably others with holiday restriction will be in the same position, holiday days all booked for this year. If someone would like to sort a "splash & dash" hoon though I'd be up for it..

Like I said, I'll do a reccy on my Alpine tour this July and feedback. I'm off to Metz in France, Meringen in Switzerland, Arraba in Italy and then on to Austria and Zell am Zee, then to Augsburg in Germany and back home via Metz. Using the Dover ferry crossing this year.

Will be looking to do a father and son trip in August as my lad turns 18, so unlikley to be up for a splash n dash to France....also like Windy, depends on holidays as I may be changing jobs around that time....????
    The man hunched over his motorcycle can focus only on the present instant of his flight; he is caught in a fragment of time cut off from both the past and the future; he is wrenched from the continuity of time; he is outside time; in other words he is in a state of ecstasy. In that state he is unaware of his age, his wife, his children, his worries, and so he has no fear, because the source of fear is in the future, and a person freed of the future has nothing to fear.
    Slowness, Milan Kundera

Watch this: http://www.dailymotion.com/Omen4/vid...t-2006_extreme

SPLASH & DASH, that would be a normal type of HOON then i suppose!!
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Learn to swim young man, that will take away your fear of water!!
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAIHEAD View Post
    Never mind that, have you learned to text yet?? a reply would be nice...

Quote Originally Posted by windy View Post
    Never mind that, have you learned to text yet?? a reply would be nice...
    If "HERB" wasn't out of his office for so long & pretending to be having lunch, he would have accepted a phone call!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ARAIHEAD View Post

BMW S1000XR,BMW C600,Honda Crosstourer Sold, Moto Guzzi Stelvio Sold, BMW 1200GS Sold, KTM 450 EXC Sold, Yamaha TMAX 500 sold, Tuono 1000R Factory, Yamaha WR250F Stolen, Tuono 1000 Fighter Crashed, Aprilia Atlantic 500 Blown up, Yamaha Fazer 1000 Sold, Triumph Speed Tripple 955i Sold, Suzuki GSXR750 Sold, Montessa 305 Sold, Yamaha XJR1200 Sold, BMW K75 Sold after 1 week, Hardley 1200 Sold, Montessa 250 Stolen, Kawasaki GPX750R Sold, Yamaha XJ 600 Crashed, Yamaha RD350 Stolen, Suzuki TS250 Sold, Suzuki GS125 Sold, Suzuki AP50 Crashed Crashed Sold

Still got the Tuono, it's a keeper.

OK.....so a full-on Alpine TT Hoon will have to wait until next year.

Do we have an issue with panzering down to Honfleur for a weekend...start Sat AM at Clacket Lane...back Sun PM?
    (Bish-Bash-Bosh.......In-Out........they won't even know we've been )

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    OK.....so a full-on Alpine TT Hoon will have to wait until next year.

Do we have an issue with panzering down to Honfleur for a weekend...start Sat AM at Clacket Lane...back Sun PM?
    (Bish-Bash-Bosh.......In-Out........they won't even know we've been )
    Start yer own thread yer cheeky cheeky bastard...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast