Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Laptimers gps

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by themash View Post
    Didn't use the external GPS, they advised against using it actually. So just the lean sensor needed hooked up. External GPS still in the box.
    Lap times were near identical to the times from the AMB transponder.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	?? 10.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	458.9 KB 
ID:	269878

apriliaforum Junkie

Laptimers gps

Hunter - That's it only just clicked with me that you have added that text to my graph. Is this similar style to data that you use?
    Hopefully start getting my head round it as season progresses. Thanks, I'll maybe be giving you a shout when season starts up to take a look at chart???

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by themash View Post
    It's very easy to use in terms of live data, it kicks in when bike hits 60mph, it uses GPS to determine your location and therefore the circuit with preset splits, shows lap times obviously live, only 1 button click when stopped to see summary of all laps.
    The data above you download to laptop, very quick, only takes seconds. What I need to do is study their training material to be able to quickly make the understanding of the data above. (The manufacturer did that overview for me, I sent them a log by email and they sent back an assessment for me)
    Have to say, UK supplier has been spot on with communications, postage and post sale support.
    Once season starts I'll test it properly and see if it can actually improve times based on data.
    But I think even the part where it's saying I roll off throttle and onto brakes quick enough, I just don't brake hard enough which means I'm braking to early, now that I know I'm actually nowhere near full braking force I will have a bit more confidence to pull lever harder, and in turn move my braking point further.

hold on, so those notes and arrows, you sent it to them, and they compare it to fast guys and make suggestions? Or does the software do all that by itself?
    Also, in the packagine pics i notice what looks like 2 GPS antennas then what is that little RCA looking cord on it, and what is the little headphone input jack looking one on the bottom?

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by snikwad View Post

hold on, so those notes and arrows, you sent it to them, and they compare it to fast guys and make suggestions? Or does the software do all that by itself?
    Also, in the packagine pics i notice what looks like 2 GPS antennas then what is that little RCA looking cord on it, and what is the little headphone input jack looking one on the bottom?
    The notes and arrows were as a one off done by them for me, only because I hadn't yet learned how to read the information, from now on I'll read info myself after each session. On the device directly you get lap time summary, you then download data and get those maps, a quick scan (once you know how to read the data) lets you quickly see how you are performing and where you can improve.

I am not sure what picture you are referring to, but it does come with an external GPS although it is not required and mine still in the box. The other bit I guess you are referring to will be the lean angle sensor which is then fitted to frame to let the system know lean of the bike.

apriliaforum expert
    Ahhhh ok. Thanks.

Thought I'd bump this thread as I'm interested in getting a lap timer and want to see if there are anymore reviews or feedback available from you guys.

I was looking at the Starlane stealth, Aim solo, and Speedangle. I would be interested to hear any pros and cons of each for ease of setup, ease of use, data provided, and ease of software use.
    2010 RSV4 Factory
    2006 Paul Smart LE
    2014 Beta 520 RS
    2012 Panigale Tricolore - Sold

The speedangle was a little out of the budget this year, so I'm picking up a Moto-D Start "Next". It seems to have everything *I* wanted, and has an expansion box that I can do some telemetry with for throttle position, RPM, etc. for an extra $150. He says the battery lasts a really long time, so I'm going to skip the 12V cable.
    Rich in PA-
    '04 Tuono Coaching / Street - Traxxion Dynamics, Gabro chipped, Arrow 2-2, 30k+ miles
    R6 Race - The usual stuff and some not-so-usual stuff. CCS #128 Expert
    www.KeystoneRiders.com - Central/NE PA message forum for street/track riders
    EvolveGT coach

Thanks to my 2016 sponsors! METRIC DEVIL MOTO / PIRELLI TIRE | SCORPION | YOSHIMURA | PIT POSSE | WOODCRAFT | VORTEX | PARTS CLUB | HAZARDOUS RACING
    GET IT!!! http://www.richquinlan.com

apriliaforum Junkie
    I use Racechrono Pro for android with a Dual xgps 160 external gps sensor and a gopro. Has worked very well so far.

Looking at the SpeedAngle again it doesn't appear to have split times or best lap indicator which makes me lean toward the Starlane and Aim.
    2010 RSV4 Factory
    2006 Paul Smart LE
    2014 Beta 520 RS

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    The speedangle was a little out of the budget this year, so I'm picking up a Moto-D Start "Next". It seems to have everything *I* wanted, and has an expansion box that I can do some telemetry with for throttle position, RPM, etc. for an extra $150. He says the battery lasts a really long time, so I'm going to skip the 12V cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordylee18 View Post
    I use Racechrono Pro for android with a Dual xgps 160 external gps sensor and a gopro. Has worked very well so far.
    Thanks for the info guys. I may look at the external GPS and apps for the iPhone as well.
    2010 RSV4 Factory
    2006 Paul Smart LE
    2014 Beta 520 RS

apriliaforum Junkie
    Just have a nice case for your phone or buy a different one for track use.. I've never cracked a screen before cause I'm usually very careful with my phone. But I've dropped it 3 times already using it at the track and of course it's now cracked. My slim case wasn't enough. I chalk it up to the increased handling of it.

Quote Originally Posted by flobrandx View Post
    I was looking at the Starlane stealth, Aim solo, and Speedangle. I would be interested to hear any pros and cons of each for ease of setup, ease of use, data provided, and ease of software use.
    GPX Pro is what most people run around here from what I've seen.

http://www.xtracing.com/en/gpxpro/index.php
    WMRRA #98
    2013 KTM 990 SMT (street)
    2011 Aprilia RSV4 (race) For Sale: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...ace-Track-Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    GPX Pro is what most people run around here from what I've seen.

http://www.xtracing.com/en/gpxpro/index.php
    Thanks J. I'll check it out.
    2010 RSV4 Factory
    2006 Paul Smart LE
    2014 Beta 520 RS

I run the XT Zed...

http://www.xtracing.com/en/gpxzed/

I will be completely honest and say that I don't bother downloading info from it for review, so I can't speak to those features, but I do enjoy it's use at the track much more than I did with beacon type timers.
    Ron
    MSgt USMC (Retired!)
    N2 CR
    WERA # 45
    IBA #38812

RST Futura
    Colin Edwards RSV R Mille #066 (Sold now. Sigh...)
    2007.5 Tuono

For custom paint work, check out https://www.facebook.com/Trading-Paint-162751633826626/

The Dual XGPS150A sounds like a good less expensive option but the specs say...

Fast location acquisition times: under 30 secs (warm or cold start)
    Position updates: at least once per second - See more at: http://gps.dualav.com/explore-by-pro....FyITFxTy.dpuf

Is this quick enough to see an accurate difference in lat times?

2010 RSV4 Factory
    2006 Paul Smart LE
    2014 Beta 520 RS

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast