Thread: UK Wales Spring Caponord Gathering weekend of 11/12&13th April 2014

UK Wales Spring Caponord Gathering weekend of 11/12&13th April 2014

Hi Folks,

Following the sucess of the last 3 years it has been agreed to hold another Caponord gathering at Llandovery in Wales...

Name:  004R.jpg
Views: 1021
Size:  131.1 KB

I've booked it today Guys & Gals, let me know if your coming so I can add you to the list, you don't have to own a caponord, just got to like them...

Details of the Campsite for those who havn't been before:...a great site, holder of loo of the year several years running...
    http://www.erwlon.co.uk/

B&B is available in Llandovery for all those who are whimps...

If anyone is interested please reply to the post below:
    http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...84#post3515284
    Last edited by BigSteve; 11-19-2013 at 06:38 AM.

(2003 Infinity Blue Capo) - Leo Vince x3 Cans/K&N Air filter/Snorkle-less/Catfish Map/ZX-6R FH016 Mosphet Rectifier/Front Coils re-located/Metal Fuel CRC Fixings/Brown Connector-less/Hyperpro Springs F&R/Rear Hugger/R&G Heated Grips/Krauser Alloy Panniers/Givi G45 Box/BMW GS1150 HandGuards with Touratech Extensions/Kawasaki Z1000 Mirrors/CREE LED's/Wilks Raid Rep Sump Guard & aprilia Crash Bars + Lots of Stickers..

(2000 RSV Mille Gen 1)Moto GP Rep..

(2004 BMW R1150 RT) Bog Standard at the moment ..

(1990 Kawasaki ZZ-R 1100C1)Standard apart from Remus Innovation S/S Full System, Double Bubble Screen, ZXR750 full lift Carbtops & RenTec Rack+painted barends & a few fasteners..

Thought we'd get chastised for riding CapoNots?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pope View Post
    Thought we'd get chastised for riding CapoNots?
    Well Mr pope perhaps this could be a good opportunity for old & new caponordists to get together...afterall we are all on aprilia's..

(2003 Infinity Blue Capo) - Leo Vince x3 Cans/K&N Air filter/Snorkle-less/Catfish Map/ZX-6R FH016 Mosphet Rectifier/Front Coils re-located/Metal Fuel CRC Fixings/Brown Connector-less/Hyperpro Springs F&R/Rear Hugger/R&G Heated Grips/Krauser Alloy Panniers/Givi G45 Box/BMW GS1150 HandGuards with Touratech Extensions/Kawasaki Z1000 Mirrors/CREE LED's/Wilks Raid Rep Sump Guard & aprilia Crash Bars + Lots of Stickers..

(1990 Kawasaki ZZ-R 1100C1)Standard apart from Remus Innovation S/S Full System, Double Bubble Screen, ZXR750 full lift Carbtops & RenTec Rack+painted barends & a few fasteners..

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve View Post
    Well Mr pope perhaps this could be a good opportunity for old & new caponordists to get together...afterall we are all on aprilia's..
    I'm just glad you didn't say Caponudists!

Quote Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post
    It's a little chilly over there for that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post
    Well that's food for thought.........mind you there are lots of woolie Baaabeeeeraaaa's around like you guys have down under....

Come on guys get your names down for this it's a great weekend with a friendly bunch, some great roads and ride outs, you'll all be welcome no matter what you ride.
    BLU

.....it would be good to see some new Capo 1200's carving through the bends......

That's the problem You would not see us
    92 Transalp
    97 Transalp
    03 Caponord ETV 1000
    13 Caponord
    13 Tiger XC800
    Gone but not forgotten-- 06 KTM 640 LC4, 11 Dorsoduro 750
    http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/gl...?sort=3&page=0
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. ------------- Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Globalone View Post
    Ha Ha very Funny Stu.......at least we could pick up all the bits that keep falling off the new capo I've been reading about.......incidently Stu is your Capo 1200 back on the road yet..

Jesting aside, come on guy's the roads are some of the best in the UK...ya got to do the A483 upto newtown at least once in your lives...

Steve its back and running after a new ECU, Rode to work this morning,old ECU went back to the factory for investigation,

My theory the Fuel pump relay got wet (rust stains when removed) then failed ( PADS 5 Diagnostics), This caused a fault current in the ECU which failed.
    92 Transalp
    97 Transalp
    03 Caponord ETV 1000
    13 Caponord
    13 Tiger XC800
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. ------------- Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Globalone View Post

Hahahaha, I'm with you on that

Sadly, I won't be there either due to other commitments this year..

Oh well perhaps we will see a new Capo 1200 join us next year.....

2015 Welsh Meet

The 2015 meet is in Carrog North Wales with trips around Snowdonia on Saturday and Horseshoe pass Sunday

Spring 2015 Capo Campo Fri 24 April to Sun 26 April 2015
    Location Carrog, near Llangollen, North Wales

Campsite
    Carrog Station Campsite, Carrog LL21 9BD 1 pod booked, 1 pod left (02 Nov 2014) www.stationcampsite.com
    Price for CapoCampo - Small and medium sized tents £8 solo per night, £12 twin per night, camper-vans £12 per night. Hook–up £3 per night. We have booked as 'The Aprilia Group', individual bookings aren’t needed. ENTER CAMPSITE GATE SAME SIDE AS THE STATION THEN HEAD FOR THE PITCHES F1- - F14 NEAR THE RIVER AND LOOS Please check-in and pay Pat or Margaret (cash please!) at Capo Campo Mess Tent on arrival.

B & B
    Parc Grove Bed and Breakfast, Llidiart y Parc LL21 9EL
    www.parcgrovebandb.co.uk
    This is the only B & B within staggering distance, so book early with them. Loads of B & Bs in Llangollen or The Berwyn Arms in Glyndyfrdwy 01490 430210 (lift available).

Pub
    The Grouse Inn, Carrog LL21 9AT www.thegrouseinncarrog.co.uk
    Menu Grouse 01.pdf

Directions
    7.5 miles from Llangollen towards Corwen on A5, enter 40mph zone for Llidiart y Parc, immediately before a very small garage on right with white gable end covered in Butterflies, take right down a lane for campsite and pub, or left up a lane for B&B.
    92 Transalp
    97 Transalp
    03 Caponord ETV 1000
    13 Caponord
    13 Tiger XC800

Llandovery spring 2016 rally

At the Oop Nord Rally we were wondering where to go next Spring.
    Llandovery was mentioned.
    If you wish, I would be pleased to create my own form of chaos from this crazy notion, and fix it.
    What would you have me do, my Lords?
    AndyB

Update as at 19 Jan 2016 .

Rally dates are confirmed as Fri 15 April to Sun 17 April 2016.

Campsite is our old favourire Erwlon http://www.erwlon.co.uk/ Price TBD later. Elec hookups available for weak people.

The Bluebell pub is now an "Italian" restaurant run by asians; the beerkeeping is poor.
    My suggested alternative is the Kings Head, Main Square, Llandovery SA200AB Tel: 01550 720393 http://www.kingsheadllandovery.co.uk/
    Landlord Paul is a Laverda man and most sympathetic to our needs. The food is excellent as is the selection of Ales.
    He has a back room for us for Sat eve: his chef would like some idea of what we would like, but I'll ask you all nearer the date.
    The menu is here http://www.kingsheadllandovery.co.uk/bar-menu/ and here http://www.kingsheadllandovery.co.uk/a-la-carte-menu/

As for breakfasts, yes the West End cafe is always good but I will also recommend the Penygawse Victorian Tea Rooms (12 High St ) for a superb breakfast. As the soft Northern Jessies will be well aware, the Penygawse is also a good B&B http://www.penygawse.co.uk/

The latest idea for Sat breakfast is to use The Owl's Nest, about half a mile up the road from The West End Cafe http://www.bikersarewelcome.com/owls...ner-i1317.html I'll contact the proprietors, if you wish.

Those who believe they will attend are the following 26 chaps and chapesses. I hope we will get some reps from The Futura Forum: I'm sure we will make them more than welcome.
    92 Transalp
    97 Transalp
    03 Caponord ETV 1000
    13 Caponord
    13 Tiger XC800