Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Guzzidiag for RSV4

apriliaforum prov-nov
    any idea if this tool would work on windows 8?

just another Aprilia fanatic amauri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR1000A1 View Post
    Thanks. The other reason, I guess, why TB sync function might be helpful is AFAIK the adjustment screws are accessible without removing an air box. In order to do sync the "old" way you'll need to remove/install air box at least twice.

You'd have to remove the complete airbox once to first install hoses, for each throttle body.
    The air bleed adj screws for cylinders 3 & 4 are always closed all the way, the adjustment is only carried out on #1 and 2.
    Cyl #2 screw can be accessed from outside the airbox, #1 can only be reached with the airbox lid off. No need to remove the airbox base to make the adjustments.

Ideally you would connect the gauges to each cylinder and adj with the engine fully warmed up running at idle.
    To run the engine with the airbox lid off you would need to make up a fuel hose extension, or somehow plug the hose the feeds the top injectors..
    Never accept mediocrity, always demand competence.

Certified Aprilia Moto Service in Southern California
    Call me at 714 892-4056 for appointment

Quote Originally Posted by amauri View Post
    You'd have to remove the complete airbox once to first install hoses, for each throttle body.
    The air bleed adj screws for cylinders 3 & 4 are always closed all the way, the adjustment is only carried out on #1 and 2.
    Cyl #2 screw can be accessed from outside the airbox, #1 can only be reached with the airbox lid off. No need to remove the airbox base to make the adjustments.
    Yes exactly. When I was syncing TB's for the first time I didn't notice the rubber plugs on the bottom of the airbox base that provide access to the air bleed screw. So I took the base out every time I did adjustment, and I think I did it 5 times total... What a mess... And how silly I felt when I noticed those plugs

How does the navigator know what to turn, what feedback does it have, you have one lambda, no map sensor per cylinder.
    I see a pressure sensor per bank, so Navigator tells you difference between front and back?
    If navigator can find out there should be a signal from the ecu that gives values.

Found it:

The control unit receives information on the intake
    pressure in the four ducts from the two pressure
    sensors: as the control unit knows the timing
    phase of the cylinders, it can calculate the individual
    pressure of the four cylinders.

So do you get 2 or 4 pressure values in diagnostics?
    Last edited by pauldayona; 01-06-2014 at 01:49 PM.
    Paul

Daytona 1225, Stelvio 1151

Download Guzzidiag here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by amauri View Post

Ideally you would connect the gauges to each cylinder and adj with the engine fully warmed up running at idle.
    To run the engine with the airbox lid off you would need to make up a fuel hose extension, or somehow plug the hose the feeds the top injectors..
    Thanks for the great explanation! I'm still a bit confused: with PADS do you still need to remove airbox and install vacuum gauge hoses, or PADS reads vacuum values from ECU and thereby does not require a gauge, installation of hoses, complete removal of airbox, etc. ?

With PADS you don't need to remove whole airbox and you don't need to install vacuum hoses - it just reads from sensor data what needs to be adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by pauldayona View Post
    How does the navigator know what to turn, what feedback does it have, you have one lambda, no map sensor per cylinder.
    I see a pressure sensor per bank, so Navigator tells you difference between front and back?

So do you get 2 or 4 pressure values in diagnostics?
    There is one map for front bank and one for rear bank. But the ECU knows from the timing of the pulses that which one of the front or rear cylinders is causing what pressure. At the moment I have identified the front and rear bank data channel, but not individual cylinder data. I think I know which channels they are, but there is no way of knowing for sure before I read the data live and adjust the bleed screws to see what is going on there. Front and rear banks are balanced by the ECU, the manual adjustment is balancing between left/right cylinders.
    Last edited by tomik; 01-06-2014 at 02:18 PM.

But I see 4 air pressure values in guzzidiag:
    Air pressure R-F-C1-C2

So suppose rear front, actual values from sensor, and c1 and c2 is the calculated from ignition? If you have these values on screen, they are almost the same when engine runs?
    And if you close one intake a bit with your hand over it, something should change.

A question, what do these 4 maps display?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by pauldayona; 01-06-2014 at 03:48 PM.
    Paul

Like I said I haven't yet been able to test that, my bike is no in a shape where I can run it at the moment. But will get there Test i did earlier was just disconnecting whole sensor and seeing which data changes. Then there are 2 additional values which are somehow calculated but I need to have my bike running to be able to test that. Airbox have to be on to be able to run the bike - not so easy as putting your hand on the intake But I would guess is that the front and rear map data are averaged to show whole bank value (for balancing front/rear by ECU) then the other calculated values are used for manual synchronizing - they can be calculated (timed) data for left cylinders for example. That's really all you need to find out the balance.
    Last edited by tomik; 01-06-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Paul- are those throttle maps?

Quote Originally Posted by slothfryk View Post
    Paul- are those throttle maps?
    They are next to each other in the map file, so or it is for four situations where it can switch, or can you choose out of four maps while driving? It can't be fuel, wrong shape, and wrong grid. I was hoping that someone would recognize them and could identify them. I have more.

Here two other ones. 24x12

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	table4a.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	181.9 KB 
ID:	240095
    Paul

New Guzzidiag version 0.40 with the RSV4 throttle and handle learning function is available online.
    Paul

Wait, what??? Ie as in a replacement for the Navigator if you change ECU?

You're a very valuable member of this forum Paul
    Aprilia RSV4 Factory WSBK APX2 Superbike - See the build here or Follow the Build on INSTAGRAM here

Need Titanium Aprilia Caliper bolts? Buy HERE

Aims to be an honest/upstanding Trader on the forum - See my feedback here

Yes that is what it should do, try it.
    Paul

Thanks for the update and for your work on it.

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast