Page 55 of 89 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Guzzidiag for RSV4

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by plocky View Post
    no need to calibrate throttle, you are just changing the mechanical action at one end. Make sure you still have a little bit of cable slack after installing & all should be good.
    It won't hurt anything if you decide to do Handle self learning with Guzzidiag though if you have it.
    Hey plocky thanks man!! Took you're advise & got the lonelec cables & they connected on the 1st shot!! I can't tell you how many hours I wasted with the cables from obd cali. Seems like some guys had no problem with them but they didn't work for me. Lonelec tho, 1 shot done! Thank god! Haven't rode in over 2 weeks! Thanks again man!

Very quick question, which ECU is selected on IAW for a 2015 RSV4RR please?
    2009 R

Race ECU. Domino XM2, Shorty Akrapovic. Retro Fit APRC Qs. RCS 19 and RCS clutch perch
    HEL lines throughout. GiaMoto Rearsets, Puig, Pipercross Air filter. SC1 for road and Superbike Slick SC1/SC2 track

Quote Originally Posted by danfinarch View Post
    very quick question, which ecu is selected on iaw for a 2015 rsv4rr please?
    7sm.........
    2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

There is a Guzzidiag 7sm map reader. It's a first version, can some people who have a working Guzzidiag connection test it?
    It's here:
    http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/ (new version)

We like to build a map repository, so can we get a copy of successful downloads to guzzidiag at gmail.com? With that, what year/type bike it is from. Or if it doesn't work what error do you get?

All to come to a 7sm writer as next step.
    Last edited by pauldayona; 02-17-2018 at 02:55 PM.
    Paul

Daytona 1225, Stelvio 1151

Quote Originally Posted by pauldayona View Post
    There is a Guzzidiag 7sm map reader. It's a first version, can some people who have a working Guzzidiag connection test it?
    It's here: ?

We like to build a map repository, so can we get a copy of successful downloads to guzzidiag at gmail.com? Or if it doesn't work what error do you get?

Challenge accepted, I'll get back to you, salute.

BTW; big thanks for the effort in development.
    Last edited by plocky; 01-17-2018 at 09:08 PM. Reason: disabled old link.

It's here:
    http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/IAW7SMReader_V0.01.exe

We like to build a map repository, so can we get a copy of successful downloads to guzzidiag at gmail.com? With that, what year/type bike it is from. Or if it doesn't work what error do you get?

Awesome! I'll give it a try later if I can brave the cold.

It's here: ?

OK plugged cables & tested reader, it asked where to save data, filename , save as *.bin.
    I named File RSV4.
    Turn ignition on as directed, it connected heard a servo noise then it said turn ignition off for 10 seconds.
    Dashboard displayed ECU Disconnect message, however returned to normal after ignition off for 10 seconds as instructed.
    IAW reader program closed.
    tried to find .bin file but it only exist in recent items, even with hidden files ticked.

when try to open it says not exist.

Repeated connection & named the new file RSv4Read & saved to desktop, same result data file not exist except in recent files & not open.

Notice the Reader has generated a log file for both events,
    text as follows. Event 1;
    14540ms Init Ok
    14766ms Diagnostic started
    15006ms Baudrate switched
    16892ms E1 3F E1 3D
    16990ms AF 02 A9 F9
    17308ms Login Ok

Event2;

17258ms Init Ok
    17532ms Diagnostic started
    17756ms Baudrate switched
    19627ms E1 3E E1 3D
    19635ms 25 A4 A9 74
    19948ms Login Ok

Using W10 64bit home edition.
    Hope that helps.
    EDIT; Forgot to mention that there were no faults recorded in ECU when read in IAWDiag after this procedure failed to produce the bin file.
    ECU is a 7sm HW310
    Bike is RSV4RR MY 2015 ('16 in USA)
    Last edited by plocky; 01-17-2018 at 09:09 PM. Reason: disabled old link

Ok, have been in touch with the IAWRead program writer & he has uploaded a new version which was successful at creating the desired .bin file.

For any of you that are prepared to participate in building the data base:
    Caution: when it works it takes ~30 minutes to read your ECU, so the obvious fully charged battery with a tender or charger on it is a good idea, as your dash & parking lights are fully lit for the whole time.
    The ECU Disconnect message is also on the dash for the whole time as well as the red general warning light & yellow aPRC light solid.
    There will be dashes for everything except the time.
    Don't Panic!! All return to normal after the 30 minute read & file completion, then ignition off for at least 10 seconds. Just follow the prompts.
    Also there is a progress bar when the file read is in progress to help you know what's happening.

Please help by contributing to the development of the program.
    Forward all feedback & successful .bin files with info on what year/type bike it is from. Or if it doesn't work what error do you get? to guzzidiag@gmail.com
    Last edited by plocky; 01-07-2018 at 04:14 PM.

I read my 2012 Tuono V4R ECU and am sending it off now. I've requested to keep it private since it is a gabro flashed map.

The read time was very long for me as well - right around 30 minutes.

Other than that the motorcycle started fine after the read (and turning off for 10 seconds). It was on a battery tender for the duration of the read.

Does anyone know what tool is planned to be use to map/view/edit the ECU tables? Have you considered ecuflash from openecu/tactrix?
    Here is the old software: http://www.openecu.org/index.php?title=EcuFlash
    And here is where they host the newer software since making proprietary cables: http://www.tactrix.com/index.php?opt...d=36&Itemid=57

We could potentially use their cable or integrate your read command into their software since it is fairly optimized for speed. I use it on my evo IX and evo X and have flashed a couple of Subarus with it.

This is pretty cool though. Thanks for working on it!

Here's a few images of the reading process.

Thanks for testing.
    Until now we use Tunerpro for mapping. When I have time I will take a look at Openecu. But since we don't encrypt maps, you can edit it with all software. Any mapping programm understands plain maps. Only to edit a map you need to know where all maps are. You need a definition where in the bin file which maps are. For the fun of it, often each map version has moved them all. For the 5am ECu at Ducati I think there are 150 definitions to cover them all.
    I have made quite a number of definitions myself.

Writing maps will be much quicker. The same with other Marelli ECU's. Normally you read a map once, and many writes.
    Paul

Thanks for testing.
    Until now we use Tunerpro for mapping. When I have time I will take a look at Openecu. But since we don't encrypt maps, you can edit it with all software. Any mapping programm understands plain maps. Only to edit a map you need to know where all maps are. You need a definition where in the bin file which maps are. For the fun of it, often each map version has moved them all. For the 5am ECu at Ducati I think there are 150 definitions to cover them all.
    I have made quite a number of definitions myself.

Writing maps will be much quicker. The same with other Marelli ECU's. Normally you read a map once, and many writes.
    There was some software for the Evo that tried to automatically generate some ecuflash map definitions by looking for patterns in the ROM. I'm not sure how portable it is but it may be something worth looking into.

I'm pretty familiar with tuning, definitions, and XML but not reverse engineering and finding things. I actually ran alpha tests for the Evo X ROM for a modification that allows you to switch between 10 different full map sets on the fly using cruise control buttons. That modification was eventually ported to the GTR and integrated into AccessPort as well. Either way I'm pretty familiar with the staggering amount of maps that can be in an ECU and the very specific functions and minor switches between maps, how difficult they are to find, and how they can shift memory locations between ROMs with small changes.

In any case - good luck with the disassembly! Let's get the man some ROMs!

Quote Originally Posted by fostytou View Post
    There was some software for the Evo that tried to automatically generate some ecuflash map definitions by looking for patterns in the ROM. I'm not sure how portable it is but it may be something worth looking into.

!
    If you know memory addresses that are found you can translate it to any mapping programm. Not all bin files have the same startaddress so that is a thing to look when trying to use map x in programm y
    When file size is different, starting point is too. The mappings that can be changed are always at the end.
    Paul

So until now I have
    Tuono CM228222_13A9AH14_7SMHW100_7SM_TV4MY12
    rsv4 CM083510_4023AE01_7SMHW100_7SMA5_RSV4
    rsv4 CM264501_6403BA45_7SMHW310_RSV4_EVO_RSV4RR15
    caponord 1200 CM228231_1050FG37_7SMHW110_7SMBH_CAPONORD_ADV_MY15

We can use more
    Paul

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Is this thread moving into the direction of us being able to flash modify our own maps? New to the forum and just got my 17 RR a month ago and have been doing nothing but read read read. Just ordered my cables and definitely plan on being able to keep my bike out of the dealership as much as possible lol. So if this is moving in that direction that would be great. And would be willing to donate if someone is working on that. Or of I can help with anything that won't void the warranty lol.

Page 55 of 89 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast