Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Guzzidiag for RSV4

Diagnostic tool - Guzzidiag for RSV4

Just letting anyone interested in diagnostic tool for RSV4 to know about very inexpensive alternative to Technoresearch Centurion. You can get the latest software here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/ There is also instructions of getting the adapter and how to install etc. You can find the adapter(s) in ebay for about 20 euros total.

I have been testing it last few months on my RSV4, identifying channels etc. and letting Beard know what needs changing and so on. Beard has done good job on this! And there is more to come (throttle calibration etc.), stay tuned

So to get it working with RSV4 you should choose California 1400 as the motorcycle (it has the same MM 7SM ECU as RSV4). At the moment you can read and clear faults, do some functional testing (for example turn on fuel pump, throttle/handle learning, read sensor data. There are still few channels I'm working on.

If you get it running and have some comments, or improvement ideas, please let me know! I can forward wishes to the developer. If you like the software, there is donate button to send thanks to the developer, but otherwise the software is free.

Just to clarify that I'm not selling anything here! I have just been testing Guzzidiag for Beard, since he don't a have bike with 7SM ecu. I just would like to people to know about this free (ok, 20 euros is not free..) tool that can save you from an expensive trip to dealer!
    Last edited by tomik; 06-19-2014 at 11:25 PM.

What interface do we need and what type of connection? Laptop?
    Piaggio Beverly 350 MY2014

Details are in the link above, but I noticed that the KKL to Guzzi adapter link is dead... You need OBD2 (KKL) to USB and OBD2 16-pin to 3-pin adapters.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Cable-KK..._Tools&vxp=mtr

and
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Alfa-...item19d016e437

These are just examples. You can find package deals with both in same package. Make sure that the OBD2 adapter has FTDI 232RL chip in it.

I have Windows 7 laptop, but it should work with MacOS and Linux as well. I haven't tried..
    Last edited by tomik; 10-07-2014 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Updated link

You're the MAN!!! Thanks for sharing this. I've ordered the plugs, and I look forward to spending some Winter months messing with this.

Cheers!

Great! Let us know how it turns out. At the moment it does exactly the same as Technoresearch Centurion (which I have as well) but is way more stable. Centurion drops connection every few minutes, which is a pain if you try to do some logging on dyno for example..

One trick I noticed with the Guzzidiag is that you should connect everything to the bike (battery and diagnostic plug) before connecting USB. I had some problems at first when I did it the wrong way around (opened the software, connected USB and after that connected adapter to the bike).

The cable from Technoresearch should work with this software, correct?
    Piaggio Beverly 350 MY2014

I could not get it working. Maybe it was driver version conflict or there is something proprietary in the Technoresearch adapter that makes it different. I didn't play with the drivers too much, I wanted to keep the Centurion working as well

apriliaforum expert
    Wow very good news ! Any chance to get it working with a Bluetooth one and android / ios ? To have a portable diag tool should be fantastic

apriliaforum prov-nov pauldayona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonisss View Post
    The cable from Technoresearch should work with this software, correct?

No only the ones that are in post 3: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...=1#post3512915

They are cheap (20$), and if you have the right one it's easy. No bluetooth or other fancy stuff.
    Any windows version from 2000 to 8.1 will do.

Hello Paul, and welcome to forum

apriliaforum Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong, it doesn't need additional hardware beside the cable wiring. literally install the software and connect the bike directly to the laptop?

Yes you are correct. You only need the adapters that are listed above, nothing more, nothing less

Thanks; The one cable I needed is on the way, looking forward to using it and further updates.

apriliaforum Member
    I can't wait until the Throttle calibration feature release !!!! thank you to developer(s) and whoever shared !!!

apriliaforum Member
    Tuner Pro XDf, What it does?, Does it work with Guzzidiag? and which one is to choose for RSV4, is it Piaggio version?

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast