Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian Caponord meet 2014

Australian Caponord meet 2014

Aussies, we can't let all the Brits have the fun. I'm suggesting we attempt to set up a meeting sometime in the new year.

I'm suggesting we camp around Canberra as it has some great camping sites. Cotter, Blue Range, Kowen Forest etc etc. Also, It's reasonably central for most people.

I was thinking that we could meet around late February or early March as it's getting a little cooler and slightly less chance of bush-fires.

The last time we thought about all this we had issues with dates, so I'm getting in early and starting the planning now.

Thoughts people????

Mods (so far): Aprilia Rally Raid bars, bar clamp, seat, rear shock absorber, suspension link, front guard, headlight stone guard and lower chain guard. Replica RR sump guard. Leo Vince exhaust, Catfish Mapping. Mk2 Top fairing, painted to match. MG hand guards. Aprilia Dorso indicators. Honda CBR600 Reg. Autocom Intercom. Aux fuse block. H&B side racks. Trax Evo panniers. Tourfella top box Palmer aux bracket. BMW GPS quick release mount. Cyclops LED spot lights. Anakee 2 Tyres. And probably something else I can't think of right now!

http://capoandrew.blogspot.com

Sounds good to me...
    Do we include CapoNots?
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Yeah I guess.

Mods (so far): Aprilia Rally Raid bars, bar clamp, seat, rear shock absorber, suspension link, front guard, headlight stone guard and lower chain guard. Replica RR sump guard. Leo Vince exhaust, Catfish Mapping. Mk2 Top fairing, painted to match. MG hand guards. Aprilia Dorso indicators. Honda CBR600 Reg. Autocom Intercom. Aux fuse block. H&B side racks. Trax Evo panniers. Tourfella top box Palmer aux bracket. BMW GPS quick release mount. Cyclops LED spot lights. Anakee 2 Tyres. And probably something else I can't think of right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Precis View Post
    Sounds good to me...
    Do we include CapoNots?
    Why not...after we decide post over on their new page...
    JohnG.

'02 Capo.

I think I will be there ! Do they have Guiness in Canberra ?

Yes big fella, they do have Guiness, LOL!!!
    I was thinking that we would base ourselves out of Canberra. Mind you I know of a few good pubs in Canberra!

Anyway, I will go with the flow but I would like to start thinking about it now so I can book places to stay etc....

Re base out of Canberra - sure I prefer "out", I am not really fan of towns. So camp out of town is perfect for me. Personally I also prefer to enjoy Guiness outdoor rather than inside any pub. Happy to ride to nearest "Guiness shop" and bring my panniers back full.
    Do you think could we camp on some place where they also have caravans, as option, in case of heavy rain ? Not to book caravans but to have them available if needed ?

It's about time you lot down under got together & let your hair down...

(2003 Infinity Blue Capo) - Leo Vince x3 Cans/K&N Air filter/Snorkle-less/Catfish Map/ZX-6R FH016 Mosphet Rectifier/Front Coils re-located/Metal Fuel CRC Fixings/Brown Connector-less/Hyperpro Springs F&R/Rear Hugger/R&G Heated Grips/Krauser Alloy Panniers/Givi G45 Box/BMW GS1150 HandGuards with Touratech Extensions/Kawasaki Z1000 Mirrors/CREE LED's/Wilks Raid Rep Sump Guard & aprilia Crash Bars + Lots of Stickers..

(2000 RSV Mille Gen 1) Moto GP Rep ..

(2004 BMW R1150 RT) Bigger touring screen, headlight protector & aftermarket reflective decals ..

(1990 Kawasaki ZZ-R 1100C1) Remus Innovation S/S Full System, Double Bubble Screen, ZXR750 full lift Carbtops & RenTec rack ..

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAdam View Post
    Re base out of Canberra - sure I prefer "out", I am not really fan of towns. So camp out of town is perfect for me. Personally I also prefer to enjoy Guiness outdoor rather than inside any pub. Happy to ride to nearest "Guiness shop" and bring my panniers back full.
    Do you think could we camp on some place where they also have caravans, as option, in case of heavy rain ? Not to book caravans but to have them available if needed ?
    Caravan or Cabin is fine by me, I have Sleep Apnea and need a bed and power. The time of year is fine by me, I will just make the time to come.

Noel

It's about time you lot down under got together & let your hair down
    You have to have the hair to let down!!

Ok Aussies, get onto the Private Messaging, get on the phone, send out the carrier pigeons and let's get this plan up and running. I will start looking around for an appropriate place to camp.

I'm going to suggest the 14th-16th March as the target date. The 11th March is a public holiday in ACT so it might be an idea to stay clear of that weekend.

Well, there's always the Tintaldra pub - it's got a few cabins out the back. When is the World Supers on at Philip Island?
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

SBK is 21st to 23rd Feb

Quote Originally Posted by Capoandrew View Post
    SBK is 21st to 23rd Feb
    A lot will be going there through here... http://www.visittumbashire.com.au/Dr...Mountains.aspx ...old stomping ground for me
    JohnG.

'02 Capo.

umm, yeah, march works for me,
    Honda XR250
    Aprilia Caponord EVT1000
    Honda CT110
    Yamaha WR450
    Yamaha XT500

don't wash it, just ride the thing!

OK guys, I need some help here. I'm a sandgroper, not a New South Welshman and I'm not completely familiar with southern NSW.

We have had one request for cabin style accommodation, is there anyone else wanting this? Or are the rest ok with tents and stuff? Karine and I will most likely sleep in a tent, but I'm happy to be directed.

Some options are:

Blue Range campsite: http://www.tams.act.gov.au/parks-rec...ing_in_the_act

Old Adaminaby, Rainbow Pines Caravan Park. http://www.rainbowpines.com.au/

Buckenderra http://www.buckenderra.com.au/accomodation.html

and the list goes on....

Have a look and tell me what you think......We need to book fairly soon.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast