Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Just bought new 2009 sportcity 250

apriliaforum Member

Just bought new 2009 sportcity 250

19 kilometers on odometer.
    Price 3600.00 (us) it came to roughly 4500 out the door with various fees/etc.
    5 year loan. 99/month payment . 300 down
    i thought the interest was 1.9 but its actually 9.25. Which amounts to 1100 dollars in interest in the life of the 5/year loan. 220/year I find very agreeable.

Parts and labor warranty.
    Gieco insurance quote of 100/year for basic financed coverage.
    Color silver
    Dealer : Wilson's motorcycles. Fresno ,ca

Fresno is 2-3.5 hour drive from anything. Therefore my intent is to use as a weekend/day tripper.

Possible contenders were

1.Honda rebel 250 (4000 new price)

2.Suzuki gw250 (4000 new price) the gw250 is unavailable at the time of this post.
    Yet the 0 down/ 0 % interest for 5 years is attractive.

The honda forza and Suzuki Burgman were not in the price point.

I have a bad disc in my lower back to ride comfort removed traditional motorcycles from my options. Vibration and seat cushion/ seating position are a concern.
    Bike is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I called and asked them to check on the fuel pump recall.

I made a slight mistake in buying before obtaining my learners permit and found out that the permit must be carried 6 months and restricts operation to the point were it has made the new bike a paperweight for the first 6 months. ( edit , I actually read the wrong info. There isn't a restriction on those 21 and over)

Intended modifications are 1. Topbox 2. Windshield.

I also need to research if any method of air conditioning is possible because the valley heat here is substantial.

I thought I would post to give forum readers a view of the purchase I made. I made no effort to haggle the price. I feel the nearest competitor to this bike is the honda forza, and that is 2000 more at 5,500 at 3.9% interest. I am happy with the purchase.
    Last edited by Fresno; 07-26-2013 at 11:04 AM.

apriliaforum Member
    Congrats. I bought mine from Wilson's back in November. I have made quite a few trips through and around the foothills since then. Great bike.
    2016 Ducati Sixty2
    2016 Piaggio BV350

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    19 kilometers on odometer.
    Price 3600.00 (us)
    5 year loan. 99/month payment .
    1.9 interest first 2 years. Parts and labor warranty.
    Gieco insurance quote of 100/year for basic financed coverage.
    Color silver
    Dealer : Wilson's motorcycles. Fresno ,ca

Fresno is 2-3.5 hour drive from anything. Therefore my intent is to use as a weekend/day tripper.

Possible contenders were

1.Honda rebel 250 (4000 new price)

2.Suzuki gw250 (4000 new price) the gw250 is unavailable at the time of this post.
    Yet the 0 down/ 0 % interest for 5 years is attractive.

The honda forza and Suzuki Burgman were not in the price point.

I have a bad disc in my lower back to ride comfort removed traditional motorcycles from my options. Vibration and seat cushion/ seating position are a concern.
    Bike is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I called and asked them to check on the fuel pump recall.

I made a slight mistake in buying before obtaining my learners permit and found out that the permit must be carried 6 months and restricts operation to the point were it has made the new bike a paperweight for the first 6 months.

Intended modifications are 1. Topbox 2. Windshield.

I also need to research if any method of air conditioning is possible because the valley heat here is substantial.

I thought I would post to give forum readers a view of the purchase I made. I made no effort to haggle the price. I feel the nearest competitor to this bike is the honda forza, and that is 2000 more at 5,500 at 3.9% interest. I am happy with the purchase.
    I have sport puig windshield for sale. I have a good friend in Fresno that you can pick up from. let me know.
    http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scrip...dProduct=55990

mine wont interfere with signal... as the picture is wrong.

apriliaforum expert
    Congratulations and double check if taking the MSF Basic Riders Course eliminates the 6 month restriction. Reccomend that you take it anyway.

Check out the HeatOut garments from CycleGear along with their cooling vests. The HeatOut is currently on a half price sale and I have seriously been considering it.

http://www.cyclegear.com/search/go?a...rid&w=heat-out

http://www.cyclegear.com/c/brand/BIL...ingVest_062013

Their Bilt Helmets and Gear come with a 5 year warranty and the house brand Sedici is Lifetime so watch for sales on the Sedici as for around $29 you could end up with the last pair of gloves, etc that you may ever have to pay for. Save your receipt.

apriliaforum Member
    I also have the Puig screen; just to confirm, it doesn't interfere as mreric states. I took the MSF course in late October here in town, finished the classs, made an appointment with the DMV and got my license without delay, never had a permit. http://www.valleymotorcycletraining.com/index.html I also recommend taking the class.
    2016 Ducati Sixty2
    2016 Piaggio BV350

apriliaforum expert
    Yep Puig here too and it works just fine. Can add a few mph to your interstate cruising speed and a few mpgs too.

apriliaforum Member
    Congrats, I also took the MSF basic course in early April here. It was freezing! I got the card 3 weeks after class. I just took it to DMV and they just added the M class on my license. I recommend it 100%. Its free here if you walk in and there is space in class. Im glad you found this site, its a honey hole of information and DYI stuff. So far I been able to change my own oil, changed my rollers and sliders to Dr. pulley. I recently had my tires changed. My scoot came with leo vince exhaust ( I got it used). I will change my belt at 12k. Anyways good luck, have a lot of fun, ride safe and don't forget your ridding gear, I think its as equally as important as what you ride!

apriliaforum Member
    Mreric, sounds good on the windshield. PM me the details and ill see about picking it up, thanks.

I had no idea about the msf course being able to circumvent the 6 month restriction. That's great news. I'll call tomorrow and set that up.

Ill check out cycle gear for riding gear as well.

apriliaforum Member
    Cycle gear is relatively inexpensive, but never buy anything full price, it always goes on sale. It seems everything rotates on/off every month. That being said, the fit on many things from cycle gear isn't quite perfect in someway or another. I've bought and returned (completely hassle free) many things in the first 5 months of riding and have found name brand stuff fits me better physically, but not necessarily in the wallet. check out these two places for quality reviews of products: http://www.revzilla.com/sportbike-gear and http://www.motorcyclegear.com/
    2016 Ducati Sixty2
    2016 Piaggio BV350

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    Mreric, sounds good on the windshield. PM me the details and ill see about picking it up, thanks.

I had no idea about the msf course being able to circumvent the 6 month restriction. That's great news. I'll call tomorrow and set that up.

Ill check out cycle gear for riding gear as well.
    PM sent.

apriliaforum Junkie
    restriction?

Permit Restrictions

With your motorcycle learner's permit, you may practice driving a motorcycle. However, you are not allowed to:

• Drive your motorcycle at night.

• Drive your motorcycle on the freeway.

• Carry any passengers on your motorcycle.

Your $32 learner's permit application fee will be good for one year. You may take the written and skills tests three times. If your application expires before you pass the tests and are issued a license, you must start the application process all over.

^ is this restriction what you are talking about? is not that bad.
    I passed the DMV test on the sportcity. went to the DMV and did it. the video from the DMV of california are on you tube on what you must do,

but i do recommend to MSF class, you will learn a lot.

apriliaforum Member
    I took the MSF class on an old Honda elite 80cc scooter they provided. I requested it and needless to say I was an ummmm, "celebrity" at the class. After the class, no need to do the skills test at the DMV. In hindsight, had I known that they were going to start with the very basics on how to operate one, I would have just done it on an MC. At the time my brain was saying, just do it on the scooter 'cause you're going to buy a scooter.
    2016 Ducati Sixty2
    2016 Piaggio BV350

apriliaforum expert
    I took it on the 250cc Motorcycle which made me appreciate my scooter even more. In the dog days of August when I took the course it hit 113 degrees on the training grounds and the heat that came up at you from the unshrouded engine was unreal compared to a scooter.

Here they no longer give the test at the DMV and have handed both the written and 3 day riding test/training over the the MSF.

apriliaforum Junkie
    pic sent to your cell,

anyhow, congrats on the purchase, out of so many scooter i have own, I think this is the best scooter in it class avail in the USA.

read the manual when you get it, easy on the break-in period, follow the manual.

apriliaforum Member
    Hey guys. Is there a cruise control option for this bike? I bought a universal cruise control thing from cycle gear. Yet I don't think I'll be able to use it. It looks like the throttle grip goes into the housing. Nep brand universal. I may have to settle for that cramp buster.

Im terrible at maintaining a constant speed.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast