Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your RSVR today?

Took it 'off road'...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-07-05 14.39.57[1] comp.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	227481

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-07-05 14.40.09.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	227482

That sucks!! Hope you're ok
    2009 RSVr 1000
    2008 C14

Yeah, all good thanks, the most pain will come from the assault on the credit card balance, I plan to make myself feel better by dressing it up a bit when I put it all back together. One thing I have my eye on is the CRG carbon fiber levers & would be happy to receive any feedback from anyone who has these or has used these. Happy to receive any other recommendations or advice too, was also wondering if the folding levers still have a good feel and response? Cheers

dropped the evap canister, rerouted the drain/vent lines put an extra washer on the tank lid to stop the leak. Cleaned the air filter, washed the bike and getting ready for a ride Thursday morning. not bad for an evening of goofing off.
    Only bike (so far)
    2008 RSV 1000 R
    If that conversation was supposed to be food for thought you just left me starving.

Put a Brembo 19RCS brake master on some weeks ago.
    Cleaned it
    Did a wheelie.

apriliaforum newb
    Just back from a 7400 km holiday trip from the Netherlands to the Nordkapp. Now need to clean it and do what I did somewhere halfway at Rovaniemi: get the air out of the clutch again and check and fill up the oil. Total oil consumption this journey probably has been about 0,5 liter. Has done now about 10.000 km. since I bought it august 2012 and also need to go and do something about the standard not-working (it never did) rear-brake. Put on new tires before the trip, kept the old ones for afterwards. Did a similar but 3000 km longer trip 27 years ago and then my rear tire disappeared halfway on the great Norwegian roads. This time that wasn't the case since driving went a bit "easier" with my girlfriend joining on her bike. So for now cleaning and bleeding actions...

apriliaforum Member
    Had my motor rebuilt, thanks to tight bearing clearances. Pick it up Friday from Amauri (who is the man by the way), put everything back together and hopefully squeeze a ride in Sunday or Monday, or both! He also switched it to map 2 and tweaked some other stuff. Can't wait. Hopefully the oil coolers, oil filters and hose clamp kit I ordered from AF1 get here in time! I just started getting my confidence back from a big wreck I had a couple years back too! Loving the Q3s so far.

Gotmy arrow cans fitted....

Without the baffles ofcourse... Completely insane!!

Quote Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
    Had my motor rebuilt, thanks to tight bearing clearances. Pick it up Friday from Amauri (who is the man by the way), put everything back together and hopefully squeeze a ride in Sunday or Monday, or both! He also switched it to map 2 and tweaked some other stuff. Can't wait. Hopefully the oil coolers, oil filters and hose clamp kit I ordered from AF1 get here in time! I just started getting my confidence back from a big wreck I had a couple years back too! Loving the Q3s so far.
    Awesome to hear! Did he Chamfer it for you??

Quote Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
    I saw your bike and motor when I was at Amauris'. Looked real good. Very clean too. Saw parts of it you'll probably never see.

As for mine, I hard wired the power lines to the ECU, aligned the forks, did a bit of cleaning and removed the front and rear wheels to get the Q3s mounted tomarrow. Then I kicked it just to let it know who's boss.
    Last edited by Banned; 07-24-2013 at 09:27 PM.

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mromaus View Post
    Awesome to hear! Did he Chamfer it for you??
    Sure did. Polished the journals too. Like I said...he's the man!

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    I saw your bike and motor when I was at Amauris'. Looked real good. Very clean too. Saw parts of it you'll probably never see.

As for mine, I hard wired the power lines to the ECU, aligned the forks, did a bit of cleaning and removed the front and rear wheels to get the Q3s mounted tomarrow. Then I kicked it just to let it know who's boss.
    Ya, he mentioned that harness...I'll probably get rid of it as well when I get it back. You notice I had the Q3s on mine? Only spent one day of spirited riding on them, but like the Q2s, I like 'em a lot. It's too bad I paid for the speedier shipping on the oil coolers I bought from AF1 on Monday but they won't get here until the 30th...I was looking forward to assembling it and trying 'er out this coming weekend. Guess those plans are shot now. I've asked them to refund my $8.95 as I should've opted for the free ground shipping instead. They would've gotten here the same time.

apriliaforum newb
    Made the cbr1100 sidestand mod.

apriliaforum expert SpeedJunkie's Avatar
    Riding home last night i collected a rabbit in the engine....

Right side carbon fairing is smashed, mounting points for the carbon nose are screwed and there's a bone lodged in my oil radiator !!!

Dumped oil all over the front & back tyre but kept the bike upright thankfully.

Bloody wildlife

Ordered 1103 engine from Amauri for my track/race 09 rsvr.
    '12 RSV4R
    '09 Aprilia RSVR
    '08 Tuono

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast