Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Extra Power Points for Accesories

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNinja69 View Post
    Ive just run a 1.5mtr USB cable from the back up to the from and mounted my old iphone 4 to the bars. I use the Tomtom app and also use it for music its also water proof and leave on the bike most of the time unless I'm parked in town. I will eventually tap into the 12V at the front and connect a double USB plug so can run and charge, iphone or ipad and also my Gopro.
    Just wondering how you went about routing the cable from back to front? Which fairing panels etc did you have to remove?

apriliaforum Junkie KiwiNinja69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ACTCapo View Post
    Just wondering how you went about routing the cable from back to front? Which fairing panels etc did you have to remove?
    I ran it up the left hand side of the bike. From memory I took the cover off fuel tank and all the front left fairing, seats and the covers under the seats.

Do you have a copy of the service manual, it shows the best way to remove these panels as the front can be a little tricky. If you would like it send me a PM and I'll send you a link to download it.

apriliaforum expert
    Last edited by fredaroony; 02-09-2016 at 03:07 PM.

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNinja69 View Post
    I ran it up the left hand side of the bike. From memory I took the cover off fuel tank and all the front left fairing, seats and the covers under the seats.

Do you have a copy of the service manual, it shows the best way to remove these panels as the front can be a little tricky. If you would like it send me a PM and I'll send you a link to download it.
    Thanks dude. Yer, I have the manual, maybe I just need to read it again.

Quote Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post
    I also bought a 12v converter similar to the one in the first post but it has a female usb connector and it's a easy job to connect it to the GPS connector behind the dash. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DC-DC-Reg...E:L:OC:AU:3160

I've put the same connectors as the heated grips on my Zumo, Ultimate addons hardware kit and 12v converter cables so I can change them out easily.

I previously had the Zumo kit soldered but wanted to change to using an iPhone in a case. I had planned a 2000klms round trip so put connectors on both ends of everything if I needed to swap back to the Zumo. Just one allen key and 10mins work to swap them out now.
    The USB point you installed, is it waterproof? If not, where did you hide the point??

apriliaforum expert
    Last edited by fredaroony; 02-09-2016 at 03:07 PM.

apriliaforum expert twinkiethekid's Avatar
    I installed my Ctek "comfort indicator" this afternoon. Obviously I didn't run it to the dash, the wiring was not long enough for that. The spot I put it is out of the way and easy to get to.

In the closeup photo you can see the positive wire running to the plug.

'03 Falco, in the fast colors
    '15 Caponord #119

Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to roast in the depths of a Slor that day I can tell you.
    Constitution Allah Ackbar Tea Party bomb abortion patriot gun IRS Islam dog whistle Obama prayer tax surveillance

apriliaforum Junkie KiwiNinja69's Avatar
    Just ordered these for powering everything I need, including a tank bag to kept it in as well as cables etc.

http://www.givi.it/soft-bags/Tank%20...sito=en&o=S110
    http://www.givi.it/soft-bags/Tank%20...sito=en&o=S111
    http://www.givi.it/soft-bags/Tank%20...lingua_sito=en

apriliaforum expert
    Last edited by fredaroony; 02-09-2016 at 03:08 PM.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I fitted a marine grade cigarette lighter socket into the clear plastic panel on the RH side of the bike this is wired directly back to the battery with a 15A fuse.
    I will be using this to power a mini tyre compressor which I carry when I am on tour and also to recharge my bluetooth helmet intercom via a USB plug.

The wiring from the socket I have installed in a heat resistant sleeve to protect it from the heat of the exhaust.

If you copy this idea make sure you make sufficient allowance for the socket to clear the cylinder head.

Desperado

apriliaforum newb
    I found this thread really useful as I wanted to connect GPS to my '16 Capo, and that's why I have now joined the forum. When connecting my Tomtom yesterday I came across the black plug with blue/green wires and wondered if I'd accidentally pulled something apart. With the GPS plug blanked off, I assumed that the other plug must be used. Think I can now rest knowing that its only used with the LED indicator for the alarm. Thanks a lot.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123