Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Caponord 1200 Photo Gallery

apriliaforum prov-nov
    My apologies lads, I guess the " it will be the first red one in the country " was bollox then lol. However, I do believe it will be the fastest colour

It certainly will be Make sure to check the panniers fit properly (one of mine came off), and also locate that little oil overflow pipe (just don't pull it !). No other issues, mine is just great every time I get on it. Done 2700 miles now & all going well. It is still a bit snatchy on a steady throttle, e.g. at 30 mph although you can minimise this using the right gear & revs. I am hoping that a mapping release will fix this eventually. My Tuono never did this and was smooth (although it didn't like going slowly) at all speeds.

Anyway, have fun, I'm sure you will love the bike.

apriliaforum Junkie KiwiNinja69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nisbeam View Post
    It is still a bit snatchy on a steady throttle, e.g. at 30 mph although you can minimise this using the right gear & revs. I am hoping that a mapping release will fix this eventually. My Tuono never did this and was smooth (although it didn't like going slowly) at all speeds.
    When you say snatchy, are you meaning like it almost feels like a miss? I get it at about the same speed (50-60Kph) in 2nd/3rd gear and feels like its missing or jerking. As I do a lot of commuting on mine on constantly at these speeds and fine it really annoying. I was starting to wonder if its a spark issue or possibly a breathing issue with all the oil in the airbox.

Yes, that is what happens exactly. I am lucky & have a very experienced Aprilia mechanic at my dealers. He has been looking into this and spoken to Aprilia who say that the newly available mapping will cure this, which is particularly noticeable at and below 3000rpm. It will also cure the issue some have had abut poor starting at altitude. I have not yet had this done but look forward to it soon (I hope). At the same time I expect to have the blow-by/airbox issue fixed. There is also a new mapping for suspension but I don't know what issues this addresses.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...-mapping-issue
    Last edited by nisbeam; 08-01-2013 at 04:12 AM.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I will indeed check the panniers, thanks for the heads up anyway.
    Out of curiosity, what mileage is the first service due ?

600 miles. Initially Aprilia stated a valve clearance check was required, they later made this an option so I didn't bother. Service was a check over with oil & filter change so didn't cost much (just over £160 I think).

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Thanks Nisbeam, dealer just confirmed bike ready for tomorrow morning
    He sais the same about the service 600mls , and has quoted £120.00
    He has also said there will be upgrades ready for suspension etc by next week too, so happy days

Have fun tomorrow. After the first 100 miles or so when I was a bit more 'gentle' I just started to use the bike as I would normally - a good rule for running is as you should use the range of revs and gears (without thrashing it). As I found there is plenty of power and speed on tap even using the running in max, so running in is good fun. In fact you can go way over any speed limits - watch out for your license :-)

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I got the bike on Saturday, rode it home 354mls in total, loved every minute of it
    Really impressed with the suspension, it really is as smooth as people say it is, and with the state of our roads these days, it is very welcome.
    The panniers were all fitted correctly, and didnt fall off lol. There is a safety latch on the panniers as extra precaution, is this a new thing ? I fail to see how they can come off if it is used ?

Hi, glad you like the bike. Yes the suspension is great isn't it. I also like the riding modes which actually make a difference. I tend to use T most, but Sport mode really give instant throttle response.
    The safety latch stops the pannier from disapearing is it comes undone, but it is the clamp at the front of the pannier that locks onto the little bar behind the rear footrest hanger. One of my clamps was not working as it could not cover the little bar which was mounted too far forward. So the pannier came loose and was hanging from the wire safety latch & the tyre burnt a hole in the bottom. Luckily I didn't lose the whole thing.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I did use Sport mode for a distance of around 80mls up over the Border hills, but i had it in T mode for the best part of the way home.
    I did check the pannier clamp before i left the dealership, and they have obviously heard about the problem, because he mentioned to me about adjustment etc.
    Overall so far, very happy indeed. It ticks all the boxes I need, and a few more, plus it looks a decent bike all round.

apriliaforum Junkie KiwiNinja69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nisbeam View Post
    Yes, that is what happens exactly. I am lucky & have a very experienced Aprilia mechanic at my dealers. He has been looking into this and spoken to Aprilia who say that the newly available mapping will cure this, which is particularly noticeable at and below 3000rpm. It will also cure the issue some have had abut poor starting at altitude. I have not yet had this done but look forward to it soon (I hope). At the same time I expect to have the blow-by/airbox issue fixed. There is also a new mapping for suspension but I don't know what issues this addresses.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...-mapping-issue
    Dropping my bike in this afternoon to get everything sorted so will let you know if it fixes it
    Last edited by KiwiNinja69; 08-05-2013 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Need to learn how to spell

Hello from Spain (sorry for my English),

Yesterday, my Aprilia dealer, put the newly available mapping, and certainly cures the problem almost entirely, at and below 3000rpm. I have noticed that the motorbike revs much better.

The new mapping number put: 27
    The new mapping for suspension number put: 32 (but I don't know what issues this mapping).

My motorbike have the blow-by/airbox issue fixed. And all ok at the time.

Regards from Almeria (in the south of Spain)

I can see we're going to need a new photo gallery thread...

Hi ebanistas - welcome to the site and thanks for the good news

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast