Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Coolant manifold recall - finally

apriliaforum newb

Exclamation Coolant manifold recall - finally

Just got a call from my dealer, Aprilia have issued a recall for the faulty manifold batch, mine will be getting replaced

Not sure if the rest of the world has gotten this yet, if not you probably will shortly

apriliaforum Member
    Nice!......I about freaked yesterday, was riding and at a light and saw my temp shoot up to 224 degrees.....said to myself "welp, this is it, when I stop its all gonna be over"........but nothing happened, not sure if mines one of the faulty ones or not.
    2012 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC
    2004 Honda VFR800 (sold)
    2010 Yamaha FJR (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by hdp View Post
    Just got a call from my dealer, Aprilia have issued a recall for the faulty manifold batch, mine will be getting replaced

Not sure if the rest of the world has gotten this yet, if not you probably will shortly
    Hi hdp

do you know the range of chassis numbers/engine numbers? Would rather go to my dealer fully armed with info Thanks

apriliaforum expert
    I have cheched twice with my dealer and mine is a 2011 and not in the list . Good from on side , bad on the other, since i'll have to pay the labour for the metal replacement maybe i could be able to replace it by myself but i really dont like that f@@@bleep clip on the tb and a little voice inside keeps telling " don't even try this at home " and usually when i don't listen to this voice then i do regret

About time!
    Thank god I didn't end up having to pay for getting my billet one in, ended up working out under warranty.

Hyper, if you end up getting on the list, check out my comments here, just bring it in and try to get them to swap it. Don't call ahead to check. The lower on the totem pole you go talk to, the more chances you have of sneaking it in...
    12' Tuono V4
    04' 636

apriliaforum Member
    If it is a faulty batch of parts, then older models should have nothing to worry about as there doesn't seem to have been any issues with RSV4s until recently, and I can't belive they use a different part. However, I may have just temped fate with my 2011 Tuono now............. oops!!

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Vehicle 1 View Post
    About time!
    Thank god I didn't end up having to pay for getting my billet one in, ended up working out under warranty.

Hyper, if you end up getting on the list, check out my comments here, just bring it in and try to get them to swap it. Don't call ahead to check. The lower on the totem pole you go talk to, the more chances you have of sneaking it in...
    Yes i already read your experience and that's why i was hoping to be in the list

apriliaforum expert
    From reading the forums it seems mostly 2012 models. Which mine is... If anyone in the UK hears anything about this recall then please pipe up. I checked the VOSA website and nothing shows up since the RSV4 engine failures:

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by PRC001 View Post
    Hi hdp

do you know the range of chassis numbers/engine numbers? Would rather go to my dealer fully armed with info Thanks
    Sorry PRC not sure, they just phoned and said my bike was part of the affected batch. i will try find out tomorrow
    Last edited by hdp; 06-04-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hdp View Post
    Sorry PRC not sure, they just phoned and said my bike was part of the affected batch. i will try find out tomorrow
    Thanks

apriliaforum Junkie

Recall

Quote Originally Posted by RobertyBob View Post
    From reading the forums it seems mostly 2012 models. Which mine is... If anyone in the UK hears anything about this recall then please pipe up. I checked the VOSA website and nothing shows up since the RSV4 engine failures:

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp
    I spoke to Fowlers of Bristol ( nb NOT my local dealer ) on another matter, when i gave them my chasis number-They told me my bike had a recall on it for the manifold. Checked with my local dealer and they confirmed. My part will be fitted under warranty next week. My bike is a 2011 Tuono v4 APRC, by the way.

FYI, I have a 2013 Tuono and its not affected by this recall.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    twice now (once at 600 mile and once at 3500 mile) i've had to top off my coolant. i dont know where it goes but it does not leak when stopped. its almost as if it just burns off during riding? but has dropped from full mark to low mark in the white plastic reservoir twice now.

is what i'm experiencing normal? or is this a starting sign of this coolant manifold issue?

thanks for any help!

FYI: i have a 2012 APRC model

I've lost a little coolant from the hose connection to the radiator on the left side (lower). Enough that after about 2800 miles, the overflow tank was almost empty.
    "The Tuono sounds like a fighter jet made out of biceps!" -Michael Selley

Check LA weather

Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    twice now (once at 600 mile and once at 3500 mile) i've had to top off my coolant. i dont know where it goes but it does not leak when stopped. its almost as if it just burns off during riding? but has dropped from full mark to low mark in the white plastic reservoir twice now.

is what i'm experiencing normal? or is this a starting sign of this coolant manifold issue?

thanks for any help!

FYI: i have a 2012 APRC model
    Look at the left side of the engine above the stator and make sure you dont have a porous casting. There have been a few bikes that will leak coolant out of the side of the engine case when hot and most of it will evaporate, so it can be easy to miss.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast