Thread: Yellow RSV4

Yellow RSV4

Saw a yellow RSV4 going down Todd rd Port Melbourne today around 2.30pm, anyone here?
    Wasn't a fan of the yellow in the pics I have seen but in the flesh I liked it, looked good,
    had a bit of a pipe on it aswell sounding pretty good, something like half way between a Ducati and a in line 4

is it as mustard as it looks or more like gsxr yellow? I find pics of the factory red to be misleading
    "I currently hold the record for the only player to take his skate off and try to stab somebody with it" -Happy Gilmore

I always hated yellow Ducs but RSV4 R looks pretty damn good:

I was down that way but my bike is black.
    Never seen a yellow one on the road and that's why you can pick them up for $1000 less - just because of the scheme.........what a wank.

d

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity666 View Post
    is it as mustard as it looks or more like gsxr yellow? I find pics of the factory red to be misleading
    Not sure about that, don't know what the yellow GSX looks like colour wise, sorry.

I <3 me some yellow. If I was in the market for a RSV4-R right now, I would definitely be going down that road.
    When in doubt, gas it

That could be a good deal then???
    When I go on the Ape web-site in Australia, looks like no yellow for 2013 just black or white for the R?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by bstar360 View Post
    That could be a good deal then???
    When I go on the Ape web-site in Australia, looks like no yellow for 2013 just black or white for the R?
    That's because they sent all the yellow one to US, we don't get white ones - go figure ....

Yeah funny that.
    I remember back in the late 70's or early 80's the Yamaha YZ's were white here and yellow in the US, I think that's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by bstar360 View Post
    Yeah funny that.
    I remember back in the late 70's or early 80's the Yamaha YZ's were white here and yellow in the US, I think that's correct.
    Same with the 50th anniversary paint scheme on the R6. IIRC, the rest of the world got valencia white & red while the US received the Kenny Roberts black & yellow.
    When in doubt, gas it

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Quote Originally Posted by EricD View Post
    Same with the 50th anniversary paint scheme on the R6. IIRC, the rest of the world got valencia white & red while the US received the Kenny Roberts black & yellow.
    Yellow with black speed blocks was always a Yamaha USA colour on the racing days

aussies get the limited carbon fiber aprc... BOING!
    "I currently hold the record for the only player to take his skate off and try to stab somebody with it" -Happy Gilmore

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Actually - the yellow one looks pretty awesome saw one at the dealer today. But I just found out that insurance is bit steep on those - my F800GS is cheap - gotta get used to that first. $17600 OTD - is a bit troublesome too - but somehow I can't get it out of my head.
    Last edited by petzi-baer; 04-28-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by petzi-baer View Post
    Actually - the yellow one looks pretty awesome saw one at the dealer today. But I just found out that insurance is bit steep on those - my F800GS is cheap - gotta get used to that first. $17600 OTD - is a bit troublesome too - but someone I can't get it out of my head.
    I think we met today! Were you at San Jose BMW looking at the yellow RSV4-R? I was picking up a few bolts that went missing on my exhaust shield.

After seeing it in person, I must say I love the yellow and wouldn't mind picking one up. I was considering buying a Tuno V4R as a commuting / mountain riding companion to my RSV4 and yellow would be the color.
    When in doubt, gas it

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by EricD View Post
    I think we met today! Were you at San Jose BMW looking at the yellow RSV4-R? I was picking up a few bolts that went missing on my exhaust shield.

After seeing it in person, I must say I love the yellow and wouldn't mind picking one up. I was considering buying a Tuno V4R as a commuting / mountain riding companion to my RSV4 and yellow would be the color.
    That would make an interesting bike to commute on. I guess you are not worried about the mpg :-). With the Tuono I would definitely go for black, so I was really surprised that I liked the rsv4 in yellow. I sat on that thing for 30 minutes, but left before I could be convinced by Joe that I need it today :-)

Enjoy your weekend petzi-baer