Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 71

Thread: 2013 RSV4 Factory ABS wins Motociclismo shootout

  1. #1
    apriliaforum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    182

    2013 RSV4 Factory ABS wins Motociclismo shootout

    Italian magazine Motociclismo put RSV4 Factory ABS against HP4, Panigale R and MV Agusta F4 RR.

    RSV4 came out on top, "bike to beat", HP4 second, ultra expensive 1199 Panigale R third and MV dead last.

    Some of the test is online here: http://www.motociclismo.it/comparati...imi-moto-54765 Google translate will help.

    Laptimes in San Martino del Lago track. Pilot 1 is Italian CIV-series champion Ilario Dionisi:
    APRILIA RSV4 FACTORY
    PILOTA 1 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'29"79
    PILOTA 2 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'31"52

    BMW HP4
    PILOTA 1 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'30"75
    PILOTA 2 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'32"15

    DUCATI 1199 PANIGALE R
    PILOTA 1 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'31"28
    PILOTA 2 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'32"83

    MV AGUSTA F4 RR
    PILOTA 1 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'32"94
    PILOTA 2 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'33"15


    Lap times in Misano:
    APRILIA RSV4 FACTORY
    PILOTA 1 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'42"73
    PILOTA 2 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'46"55

    BMW HP4
    PILOTA 1 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'42"78
    PILOTA 2 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'46"52

    DUCATI 1199 PANIGALE R
    PILOTA 1 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'43"38
    PILOTA 2 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'46"82

    MV AGUSTA F4 RR
    PILOTA 1 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'44"17
    PILOTA 2 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) - - - - - - -

    Dyno results:

    Aprilia 165,30hp / 103,8Nm
    BMW 179,91hp / 107,73Nm
    Ducati 173,61hp / 118,64Nm
    MV Agusta 181,11hp / 103,11Nm

    In short, Aprilia is the smoothest, best handling bike. Also the least expensive. HP4 is good everywhere thanks to active suspension. Panigale has good and bad points while MV suffers from bad electronics and tricky throttle response but has good front end.
    2006 Honda VTR 1000 SP-2
    2012 Aprilia RSV4 R aPRC

  2. #2
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,083
    Thanks for sharing.

    I really hoped for the F4 to perform better.
    Just experienced F3 last weekend, and it performs really well - actually only 1 second behind the fastest 1000ccm.
    R7 (ex RSV4F aPRC) on track, Shiver GT on road.

  3. #3
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,027
    This will upset a lot of people, the ones who think you can't be first unless you have more power.

  4. #4
    apriliaforum expert Shaman666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    625
    Too true.
    --
    Track Fanatics Forum - http://www.trackfanatics.ca/
    Track Fanatics Facebook / Events Page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/trackfanatics/
    -
    2013 RSV4 Factory APRC SBK SE ABS (Akrapovic, race map, farkles) | 2008 GSX-R 1000 (Pro CSBK) | 2009 GSX-R 600 (Pro CSBK)
    2007.5 Tuono 1000R (Akropovic pipes) | 2009 KLX 140 | 2006 Burgman 650 | 2008 KX 450F

  5. #5
    apriliaforum Member WezieBme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lynchburg, VA
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu XIV View Post
    This will upset a lot of people, the ones who think you can't be first unless you have more power.
    I was thinking the exact same thing, I have too many people that come into the dealership and talk about the BMW, how it would mop the floor with the rsv4 and its so fast, etc, etc. And while I agree with everyone that the BMW is a great bike, it is nice to see someone(especially a legit reviewer) give the rsv4 the props that it deserves.

  6. #6
    apriliaforum prov-nov
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    43
    Are the Dyno numbers at the wheel or are they corrected to reflect the HP at the crankshaft?
    Last edited by petzi-baer; 04-25-2013 at 12:52 AM.

  7. #7
    apriliaforum prov-nov
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    79
    I'm not surprised. The standard RSV4 is usually faster then the standard S1000RR as well.

  8. #8
    apriliaforum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    182
    Dyno numbers are from the rear wheel. They also had calculated crank hp at the end of each dynovideos. Videos here: http://www.motociclismo.it/comparati...amo-moto-54728

    F4 had issues with electronics and TC did not work. Also, best lap time was set with TC off. I was also expecting more from the F4RR and they praised how good the front end is but I guess you miss the sharp end of R&D when you're not fully racing the bikes and learning from it (like the other bikes in the test). Maybe MV will get better with the development of the F3 and then that work will benefit the F4 as well in the upcoming versions.

    I don't know if Motociclismo is doing a road test as well, this one was purely track and dyno comparison. Also the tracks were not the most fastest ones that demands high top speed, which plays in favour of the RSV4. But last year they tested in Monza and RSV4 was 2nd or 3rd fastest with minimal time difference. Top speeds were right there with the rest of them except the S1000RR.
    Last edited by Turder; 04-19-2013 at 06:41 AM.
    2006 Honda VTR 1000 SP-2
    2012 Aprilia RSV4 R aPRC

  9. #9
    apriliaforum newb
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    16
    No road tests are planned. Last year Aprilia did the 2nd time in Monza (1' 53" 82) behind the standard S1000RR (1' 53" 11). Despite being slower than the BMW, the RSV4 won thanks to better handling, gearbox/clutch, suspensions and driving position. Third place was given to the Panigale S, followed by ZX-10R, F4RR, GSX-R 1000 and YZF-R1.
    This year Kawasaki rejected to participate, while Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha were supposed not to have chance of winning (i think).

  10. #10
    apriliaforum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    195
    Damn that is impressive! Thanks for sharing!
    2007 MV Agusta F4 Senna (#148)
    2012 Apriia RSV4 Factory APRC

  11. #11
    apriliaforum expert Antonisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    717
    HP figures apparently seem to be the same, if not for a couple of HP increase... So I m guessing the +4HP announced by Aprilia are not far off in reality. I d like to see an overlay of the pre 2013 vs the 2013 model to see if there are any changes in midrange...
    Piaggio Beverly 350 MY2014

  12. #12
    apriliaforum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonisss View Post
    HP figures apparently seem to be the same, if not for a couple of HP increase... So I m guessing the +4HP announced by Aprilia are not far off in reality. I d like to see an overlay of the pre 2013 vs the 2013 model to see if there are any changes in midrange...
    +1 this post
    2007 MV Agusta F4 Senna (#148)
    2012 Apriia RSV4 Factory APRC

  13. #13
    apriliaforum Junkie
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by Turder View Post
    Italian magazine Motociclismo put RSV4 Factory ABS against HP4, Panigale R and MV Agusta F4 RR.

    RSV4 came out on top, "bike to beat", HP4 second, ultra expensive 1199 Panigale R third and MV dead last.

    Some of the test is online here: http://www.motociclismo.it/comparati...imi-moto-54765 Google translate will help.

    Laptimes in San Martino del Lago track. Pilot 1 is Italian CIV-series champion Ilario Dionisi:
    APRILIA RSV4 FACTORY
    PILOTA 1 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'29"79
    PILOTA 2 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'31"52

    BMW HP4
    PILOTA 1 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'30"75
    PILOTA 2 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'32"15

    DUCATI 1199 PANIGALE R
    PILOTA 1 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'31"28
    PILOTA 2 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'32"83

    MV AGUSTA F4 RR
    PILOTA 1 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'32"94
    PILOTA 2 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'33"15


    Lap times in Misano:
    APRILIA RSV4 FACTORY
    PILOTA 1 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'42"73
    PILOTA 2 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'46"55

    BMW HP4
    PILOTA 1 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'42"78
    PILOTA 2 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'46"52

    DUCATI 1199 PANIGALE R
    PILOTA 1 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'43"38
    PILOTA 2 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'46"82

    MV AGUSTA F4 RR
    PILOTA 1 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) 1'44"17
    PILOTA 2 (miglior tempo su 2 giri) - - - - - - -

    Dyno results:

    Aprilia 165,30hp / 103,8Nm
    BMW 179,91hp / 107,73Nm
    Ducati 173,61hp / 118,64Nm
    MV Agusta 181,11hp / 103,11Nm

    In short, Aprilia is the smoothest, best handling bike. Also the least expensive. HP4 is good everywhere thanks to active suspension. Panigale has good and bad points while MV suffers from bad electronics and tricky throttle response but has good front end.

    I thought i saw in the article that MV brought in another bike because of the issues. i believe the misano track the electronics were not working, which is why pilot 2 did not complete an official lap time. The second track i believe is wear the second f4 was put through its paces, hence both pilots completing lap times........./I am not sure though. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

  14. #14
    apriliaforum newb
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    16
    They tested the bikes in San Martino del lago at first, then in Misano. The first F4, used in San Martino, suffered from oil spilling in the airbox and bad quick shifter sensor (both problems were solved by the mechanics of MV). Then MV brought a second F4 in Misano, but TC failed and throttle response was far from perfect, so the official time has been only done by the professional rider.

  15. #15
    apriliaforum Junkie
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by mavi View Post
    They tested the bikes in San Martino del lago at first, then in Misano. The first F4, used in San Martino, suffered from oil spilling in the airbox and bad quick shifter sensor (both problems were solved by the mechanics of MV). Then MV brought a second F4 in Misano, but TC failed and throttle response was far from perfect, so the official time has been only done by the professional rider.
    So the problems were solved at san martino and they were able to get a fair lap time out of it, after issues were fixed?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2012 vs 2013 RSV4 Factory
    By apriliarsv1000r in forum 2010-2015 RSV4 Factory and RSV4-R
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-21-2014, 12:33 PM
  2. 2013 RSV4 Factory at local dealer
    By GUV in forum 2010-2015 RSV4 Factory and RSV4-R
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 04-20-2013, 09:16 PM
  3. discounted RSV4 Factory2012 or 2013 RSV4 factory
    By v4fac in forum 2010-2015 RSV4 Factory and RSV4-R
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 02-23-2013, 08:07 PM
  4. New 2013 RSV4 Factory with ABS
    By mattie1972 in forum 2010-2015 RSV4 Factory and RSV4-R
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 11-17-2012, 11:26 AM
  5. RSV4 Factory ABS?
    By quangnd in forum 2010-2015 RSV4 Factory and RSV4-R
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-20-2010, 10:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •