Page 4 of 290 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Caponord today..!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by timcrasher View Post
    Stone the crows!!!

Big Steve has dirty bits on his bike

And you can't even cover them up with stickers

What sort of pads have you fitted? I will need to fit 3 new sets before the Walesfest. I seem to get through them fairly quick.

Correction Tim....Did have dirty bits on my Capo .....

Over the many years i've had the old girl, I've had EBC HH, Golden & now trying Armstrong as they were on offer a while back on flea-bay....3 pairs for the bike cost £30.

(2003 Infinity Blue Capo) - Leo Vince x3 Cans/K&N Air filter/Snorkle-less/Catfish Map/ZX-6R FH016 Mosphet Rectifier/Front Coils re-located/Metal Fuel CRC Fixings/Brown Connector-less/Hyperpro Springs F&R/Rear Hugger/R&G Heated Grips/Krauser Alloy Panniers/Givi G45 Box/BMW GS1150 HandGuards with Touratech Extensions/Kawasaki Z1000 Mirrors/CREE LED's/Wilks Raid Rep Sump Guard & aprilia Crash Bars + Lots of Stickers..

(2000 RSV Mille Gen 1) Moto GP Rep ..

(2004 BMW R1150 RT) Bigger touring screen, headlight protector & aftermarket reflective decals ..

(1990 Kawasaki ZZ-R 1100C1) Remus Innovation S/S Full System, Double Bubble Screen, ZXR750 full lift Carbtops & RenTec rack ..

Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve View Post
    Correction Tim....Did have dirty bits on my Capo .....

Over the many years i've had the old girl, I've had EBC HH, Golden & now trying Armstrong as they were on offer a while back on flea-bay....3 pairs for the bike cost £30.
    Always found Armstrong to be one of the best so far Steve and even though i did the brake upgrade and the calipers i fitted had virtualy new Brembo pads i've changed them for Armstrong, got them in the rear as well, I thought Goldfren were crap and chucked them in less than a thousand miles for Armstrong Steve
    Last edited by GRUMPYGIT; 03-09-2013 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NORDUC View Post
    Oh yeah, about the plugs, Irrium or not?
    Iridium make a small but noticeable difference in pickup from idle. It's small, but it's real. Whether it's worth the coin is an individual question. For me a smaller front sprocket and iridiums made it possible to filter through traffic just idling. Not sliced bread, but appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Leanit View Post
    Iridium make a small but noticeable difference in pickup from idle. It's small, but it's real. Whether it's worth the coin is an individual question. For me a smaller front sprocket and iridiums made it possible to filter through traffic just idling. Not sliced bread, but appreciated.
    Found Denso Iridiums were crap ( they were in the motor when i bought it) put standard NGK plugs in (much better) put NGK Iridiums in and made all the difference at low speed pick up. Steve

Quote Originally Posted by northernkiwi View Post
    Have a mate in your fair city, who runs a shop called watershed union, he is now wondering where autumn is???. I could get on to main road and have a blast, but we also need to get some rain to wash away the salt.
    The avant garde city-fringe furniture joint? All a bit posh for us country folk: If we have furniture made from angle-iron and packing crate wood, it's because that's what was available when we needed a table or whatever - not what might "look deeevine on the patio, dahhling".
    Had a bloke drive 600km in each direction to [ick up some Guzzi bits which were surplus to requirements, then spent some time on No 1 daughter's track bike. If anyone ever sees me with a soldering iron in my hand, will they please hit me?
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Well now Im finally ready to post some pictures of my winter mods

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0150web.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	161.7 KB 
ID:	215902
    The tool boxes are made of aircraft aluminium by my colleages at Airbase Skrydstrup.

Name:	DSC_0146web.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	183.3 KB 
ID:	215903
    They are supposed to give room to the toolset, puncture set and spare parts in one side.

Name:	DSC_0151web.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	206.1 KB 
ID:	215904
    And laptop, multimeter, ecu cord and other electronic devices in the other side. They are waterproof.

Rear spring had to be changed. I chose to go the Hyperpro way.

Name:	IMG_0439web.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	433.9 KB 
ID:	215905

I had to make my own spring compression tool. Even though it might look a bit wobbely,
    Name:  IMG_0440web.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  40.0 KB it actually worked out fine.

Name:	DSC_0153web.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	159.8 KB 
ID:	215910

I really look forward to try out theese brakes. The bracket fitted perfect. I just have some trouble to get all the air out of the system

Name:	DSC_0149web.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	187.4 KB 
ID:	215907

See my new sticker and driving light

Name:	DSC_0152web.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	163.8 KB 
ID:	215908

And finally the sump guard from Wilk's father. Its just awesome

Name:	DSC_0145web.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	178.4 KB 
ID:	215909

Tyres are new, Anakees 2. K&N filter cleaned, oil and filter change MOTUL 5100 15w-50.
    All 4 old Sagem coils are changed with new ones. I had to put in 2 new spokes on rear wheel.
    And from ScatmanJack I have bought a Bagster tank cover and Bag.
    Ricor intiminators are fittet in forks (really looking forward to feel the difference)

Now Im just waiting for the winter to end. Snow is expected within the next 2 days
    I am so looking forward to join the Wales meeting in april. Im bringing my brother who drives a Ducati multistrada 1100.

Finn
    Capo 2004 Flame red.
    MosFet RR, Eastern Beaver harnes, Metal fuel couplings, HyperPro rear spring, Ricor intiminators, Hepco Becker alu cases, GPS controlled ProOiler chain lube system, iridium sparkplugs, Garmin 660 SatNav, Aprilia heated grips, Aprilia chrash bars, Wilks sump guard, Brembo 4 pot brake mod, coils, screen mod, Aprilia hazard light, angle air valves, K&N airfilter, Catfish/Grant mapping, fixed internal side cases, Bagster tankcover and bag, Factoy Racing slave cluch.
    Yamaha XT 550 1983.
    Honda CX 500 1978. In bits and pieces.
    Honda NTV 650, 1994 SOLD

Looks like you've been a busy boy Finn and of course the sticker will make all the difference. steve

apriliaforum newb
    Hi Steve,today was the day I started up my capo for the first time, shes a very second hand bike in cosmetically poor condition but seems sound enough and thanks to my brother cost me nothing, however a bit of maintenance would have done wonders as I soon realised there was a whiff of petrol in the air and oh my god its sizzling on the exhaust..drip, drip, drip and yes hours later after having taken off acres of bodywork I get to the culprit..it appears to be an "o-"ring on the high pressure spigot on the uderside of the tank/pump plate, my spigot is metal the end of the braided fuel line is a sort of plastic clip on-off thing..can I just try changing the o- ring or would that be too easy ? 1st day on forum, 1st on Capo, 1st breakdown and I haven“t ridden it yet ! Help ! Ancient

Looks Good Finn.

The tool boxes look nice and compact. I will have to take a closer look at the Wales meet.

apriliaforum expert the_toe_cutter's Avatar
    Finn, loving the spring compressor, smart thinking!
    With the intiminators, brakes and Hpro rear spring the bike will be transformed for you
    Brum Brum

ancient,

Check carfully the area around the fuel pump base.

Ancient, big WELCOME to the site...this is the place to be with your Capo.
    If you have ANY plastic fuel line connectors change them ASAP. Not a difficult job (it can't be...I did it).
    If you don't change those connectors then carry a fire extinguisher with you.
    "Never pass a toilet, never waste an erection and never trust a fart"
    Jack Nicholson; The Bucket List.

Nipples now painted...

Quote Originally Posted by ancient View Post
    Hi Steve,today was the day I started up my capo for the first time, shes a very second hand bike in cosmetically poor condition but seems sound enough and thanks to my brother cost me nothing, however a bit of maintenance would have done wonders as I soon realised there was a whiff of petrol in the air and oh my god its sizzling on the exhaust..drip, drip, drip and yes hours later after having taken off acres of bodywork I get to the culprit..it appears to be an "o-"ring on the high pressure spigot on the uderside of the tank/pump plate, my spigot is metal the end of the braided fuel line is a sort of plastic clip on-off thing..can I just try changing the o- ring or would that be too easy ? 1st day on forum, 1st on Capo, 1st breakdown and I haven“t ridden it yet ! Help ! Ancient
    Hi Ancient - welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting your bike at a very good price!
    The plastic "click on click off" parts (called 'fuel disconnects') are VERY dangerous: you should not ride - or even start - the bike before you replace them: they WILL break and several bikes have been completely destroyed by fire because of them.
    If you search on this forum you will find a few different places to get the replacement parts you need. You may also need the help of a Hydraulic pipe fitter.
    There are some French Capo owners who will help you, I'm sure.

Stick with the bike - it is worth dealing with the problems, (especially at the price you paid for it!) because once you have, the Caponord is a very capable all-roads tourer.
    And yes, the o-rings should also be replaced with something made for use with fuel: luckily they are very cheap
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Quote Originally Posted by Precis View Post
    Hi Ancient - welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting your bike at a very good price!
    The plastic "click on click off" parts (called 'fuel disconnects') are VERY dangerous: you should not ride - or even start - the bike before you replace them: they WILL break and several bikes have been completely destroyed by fire because of them.
    If you search on this forum you will find a few different places to get the replacement parts you need. You may also need the help of a Hydraulic pipe fitter.
    There are some French Capo owners who will help you, I'm sure.

Stick with the bike - it is worth dealing with the problems, (especially at the price you paid for it!) because once you have, the Caponord is a very capable all-roads tourer.

And yes, the o-rings should also be replaced with something made for use with fuel: luckily they are very cheap
    As above get rid of any plastic connectors and try to use Viton O rings. The O rings can get nipped and cause leakage due to when pushing the connectors together the retaining catch catches the O ring and puts a nick in it, you should hold the catch in as you push the connectors together and then release it when the connectors are fully Home. When removing the tank there is no need to remove any body panels at all just loosen the ones just under the tank lift the rear of the tank and slide out towards the rear, it takes between 5 and 10 minutes at the most to remove a tank. PS welcome to the forum. Steve

What did I do to my Capo today?

NOTHING!
    Had the Septic Tank emptied instead...no plastic connectors on that bad boy!
    All flowing away nicely now.
    Thought I'd let you all know...
    "Never pass a toilet, never waste an erection and never trust a fart"
    Jack Nicholson; The Bucket List.

Nipples now painted...

Page 4 of 290 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast