Page 3 of 290 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Caponord today..!!!!

Nice.
    08 ETV 1000 Caponord
    Multistrada 1200
    Honda C90e - A real adventure bike.

well i had a fruitful day:

hyperpro springs in front
    new fork seals
    20w oil in forks
    new front wheel bearings

can't wait to go for a ride to the lake district at the weekend. and hopefully do hardknott and wrynose pass if it isn't snowing up there
    Caponord ETV1000
    BMW F650 Funduro
    Kawasaki ZXR750L2

So...

wheels are disassembled

Now the polish is on the program , then the rims will be eloksird in black, like Ktm or BMW.

Report will follow...

BLACK RIMS...Beautiful!
    "Never pass a toilet, never waste an erection and never trust a fart"
    Jack Nicholson; The Bucket List.

Nipples now painted...

Quote Originally Posted by Spudsman View Post
    BLACK RIMS...Beautiful!
    Copy cat

Just collected my bike from it's MOT. Straight pass. No advisory notes. It's pissing with rain, but the Capo is still great fun

apriliaforum expert northernkiwi's Avatar
    What did today with my capo was withold the news that due to a polar weather pattern covering scandinavia there will not be plus degrees before earliest next thursday. This kinda puts the kybosh on test riding.
    Current:
    2004 capo - the grey one
    Oberon clutch slave, 4cm extra foam in riders seat, RR back shock , Hagon progressive front springs, 4 techauto coils, AF1 fuel line and metal connectors, both brown connectors replaced with direct wiring, kappa racks and Big Husky 46l cases, hepco becker junior top case,mandatory capo stickers, cbr honda mosfet rectifier. Grant of watford,s map.
    Previous:
    Honda CB 360
    Kawasaki Z1 900
    86 Yamaha xj 900
    knees in the breeze is my only disease

You can have some of our spare degrees - first time on record we've had a string of seven days over 30 Deg C - in autumn; four or five more expected before we see any rain.
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Well it's chucking it down with rain in Hampshire Steve.. .....Only good thing it should wash all the salt & muck of the roads..

I was going for a ride this morning, but looks like I'll strip my Front brakes down and clean the pistons etc before the MOT next week.

(2003 Infinity Blue Capo) - Leo Vince x3 Cans/K&N Air filter/Snorkle-less/Catfish Map/ZX-6R FH016 Mosphet Rectifier/Front Coils re-located/Metal Fuel CRC Fixings/Brown Connector-less/Hyperpro Springs F&R/Rear Hugger/R&G Heated Grips/Krauser Alloy Panniers/Givi G45 Box/BMW GS1150 HandGuards with Touratech Extensions/Kawasaki Z1000 Mirrors/CREE LED's/Wilks Raid Rep Sump Guard & aprilia Crash Bars + Lots of Stickers..

(2000 RSV Mille Gen 1) Moto GP Rep ..

(2004 BMW R1150 RT) Bigger touring screen, headlight protector & aftermarket reflective decals ..

(1990 Kawasaki ZZ-R 1100C1) Remus Innovation S/S Full System, Double Bubble Screen, ZXR750 full lift Carbtops & RenTec rack ..

All i seem to have done is look at mine sitting in the garage, too busy doing House maintenance things to even get out when we had that bit of sun. I'm now going to sulk.

What an industrious set you UK Capo owners are.

I have to admit that I would have most likely gotten out of mine for a Moto Guzzi because of the Capo's weight and top heavyness. Last fall, I had a tip over that pinned my leg under the bike and there was no way I could get up on my own, much less right the bike. Good thing I wasn't out alone. No visible damage to the bike but my shin took a beating and latter on I developed a blood clot which is a major PIA.

But the Capo is such a good ride and it was a legacy from my buddy Jim who died from smoking at 64. One thing about his irrepressible spirit; he had to have the fluid drawn from hs lungs every day. One time the nurse was early, Jim was out on his Pegaso. The nurse had a fit.

Anyway, I'm giving the fuel tank lots of time to dry out from the effects of the alcohol laced fuel we get here in the colonies. It's about ready for the Caswell treatment. After all the input I've had regarding moving the front coils I figured I bite the bullet and change them out for the Amerish coils that are available here. New HT leads from Halford's via BigSteve will nip that problem in the bud. New air and fuel filter and sparking plugs and cleaning the wheels will finnish it up. For now. New set of Tourances later on.

Oh yeah, about the plugs, Irrium or not?

Quote Originally Posted by NORDUC View Post

Oh yeah, about the plugs, Irrium or not?

Phil,

I have always used standard NGK's on all my bikes & have always been well pleased with there performance and long life...

Others will say the Iridiums are the best thing since slice bread...each to there own....I have also heard some folks don't like them and put the standard NGK's back in.

If you have the cash to buy the more expensive ones then fine, otherwise keep as is..

(2003 Infinity Blue Capo) - Leo Vince x3 Cans/K&N Air filter/Snorkle-less/Catfish Map/ZX-6R FH016 Mosphet Rectifier/Front Coils re-located/Metal Fuel CRC Fixings/Brown Connector-less/Hyperpro Springs F&R/Rear Hugger/R&G Heated Grips/Krauser Alloy Panniers/Givi G45 Box/BMW GS1150 HandGuards with Touratech Extensions/Kawasaki Z1000 Mirrors/CREE LED's/Wilks Raid Rep Sump Guard & aprilia Crash Bars + Lots of Stickers..

(2004 BMW R1150 RT) Bigger touring screen, headlight protector & aftermarket reflective decals ..

(1990 Kawasaki ZZ-R 1100C1) Remus Innovation S/S Full System, Double Bubble Screen, ZXR750 full lift Carbtops & RenTec rack ..

Front & Rear Brake Service Today

Well it was peein down with rain in Basingstoke today, so what better to do than make my way into the Bat Cave & strip my brakes down as I was getting a bit of drag from sticking pistons...

Name:  2013-03-08 11.42.46.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  74.8 KB
    Name:  2013-03-08 12.08.04.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  87.3 KB
    Name:  2013-03-08 12.23.31.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  68.5 KB
    Name:  2013-03-08 13.53.56.jpg
Views: 962
Size:  95.8 KB
    Name:  2013-03-08 14.28.02.jpg
Views: 981
Size:  114.5 KB

I decided to fit new rear pads as the old ones looked a bit worse for wear...So another job done...what next.

apriliaforum expert northernkiwi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Precis View Post
    You can have some of our spare degrees - first time on record we've had a string of seven days over 30 Deg C - in autumn; four or five more expected before we see any rain.
    Have a mate in your fair city, who runs a shop called watershed union, he is now wondering where autumn is???. I could get on to main road and have a blast, but we also need to get some rain to wash away the salt.
    Current:
    2004 capo - the grey one
    Oberon clutch slave, 4cm extra foam in riders seat, RR back shock , Hagon progressive front springs, 4 techauto coils, AF1 fuel line and metal connectors, both brown connectors replaced with direct wiring, kappa racks and Big Husky 46l cases, hepco becker junior top case,mandatory capo stickers, cbr honda mosfet rectifier. Grant of watford,s map.
    Previous:
    Honda CB 360
    Kawasaki Z1 900
    86 Yamaha xj 900
    knees in the breeze is my only disease

Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve View Post
    Phil,

If you have the cash to buy the more expensive ones then fine, otherwise keep as is..
    Fixed income = standard plugs

Stone the crows!!!

Big Steve has dirty bits on his bike

And you can't even cover them up with stickers

What sort of pads have you fitted? I will need to fit 3 new sets before the Walesfest. I seem to get through them fairly quick.

Page 3 of 290 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast