Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Big crash this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by JDRSV View Post
    I'm heading down the coast either later today or tomorrow, I could stop by and unload it if you like
    All good mate.... got a friend coming by to unload it for me in the morning. I appreciate all the help at the track with the bike, and hey if you stop by the shop tomorrow we can catch up.

Cheers,

Justin
    Steel Horse Performance
    http://steelhp.com.au
    +61 406 456 968

2012 RSV4 Factory

Born and Bred to Rip and Shred

Quote Originally Posted by dastrix View Post
    Sorry to hear Justin, bike looks ok though!! Thats one thing Heal up buddy
    Yea Kris.... its not too bad. I should have it ready for the next round in April. Hopefully I will actually to compete in a race, as long as some doesn't take me out again
    Steel Horse Performance
    +61 406 456 968

2012 RSV4 Factory

Feel for you mate, glad you had good gear in all the right places!

I was heading into the corkscrew at Laguna last summer and someone (maybe related to your local idiot) came in hot on the brakes on my right just before the tip-in into the first left of the drop. Obviously he cut me off on the drop into the 'screw. He was about 8 inches from me. I followed him into the pits and in front of his whole lot of buddies quietly stated that he ought to be more careful at a trackday. He was arab and I know arabs, my mother is from Tunisia. The common arab ploy is to put the blame on you and start an argument so that nothing gets accomplished. Well, I know that trick and said I wasn't mistaken and had the video to prove it.

He backed down and realized if I pulled out the video he was going to look stupid. These morons are the ones who give others fits and they will never change. They will look at your piled up bike and shrug their shoulders. Sorry you had to experience one like that.
    potere - italian for power
    have M1 permit, will travel

Quote Originally Posted by potere View Post
    Feel for you mate, glad you had good gear in all the right places!

I was heading into the corkscrew at Laguna last summer and someone (maybe related to your local idiot) came in hot on the brakes on my right just before the tip-in into the first left of the drop. Obviously he cut me off on the drop into the 'screw. He was about 8 inches from me. I followed him into the pits and in front of his whole lot of buddies quietly stated that he ought to be more careful at a trackday. He was arab and I know arabs, my mother is from Tunisia. The common arab ploy is to put the blame on you and start an argument so that nothing gets accomplished. Well, I know that trick and said I wasn't mistaken and had the video to prove it.

He backed down and realized if I pulled out the video he was going to look stupid. These morons are the ones who give others fits and they will never change. They will look at your piled up bike and shrug their shoulders. Sorry you had to experience one like that.
    Yea I really wanted to smack the guy with my helmet but I took the hi road

Laguna would be fun to ride.... wish I still had a bike in cali. I'm originally from Huntington Beach. Lived there most of my life and never got to ride the tracks there. Been here in Australia for about 5 yrs now and also lived in New Zealand. They have some fun tracks and roads down this way

One of the thing I am kinda pissed about is the guy only had a "one meet license" which meets he never would have had to of been sign off by an instructor or race official as being a competent rider.

Where I have a senior national license and have had to go through heaps of checks......

Kinda bullshit I think.... but oh well.

I'll be back on the bike soon enough and ready to race again.... just got to get the body to heal
    Steel Horse Performance
    +61 406 456 968

2012 RSV4 Factory

The bike doenst look too bad, especially for how it crashed. Last time i saw a bike crash in turn 9 it came back in about 4 diffferent boxes.
    good to see that you're basically ok too.
    look on the bright side, at least you're going to have a few sets of unused tyres left over now.

I think you're doing the right thing in deciding to take the high road too, punching someone in the pits only ends up making things worse in my experience, although i can imagine it woulda been pretty tempting at the time!

Lets just hope this other guy learnt his lesson.

how did you find the track? was the new re surfaced section bumpy at all?

Quote Originally Posted by jpbits View Post
    The bike doenst look too bad, especially for how it crashed. Last time i saw a bike crash in turn 9 it came back in about 4 diffferent boxes.
    good to see that you're basically ok too.
    look on the bright side, at least you're going to have a few sets of unused tyres left over now.

I think you're doing the right thing in deciding to take the high road too, punching someone in the pits only ends up making things worse in my experience, although i can imagine it woulda been pretty tempting at the time!

Lets just hope this other guy learnt his lesson.

how did you find the track? was the new re surfaced section bumpy at all?
    I really like the track.... besides having the wrong rear tire compound... I was doing a consistent 1.30 by my 3rd session on the practice day. I got the suspension setup well and thought there were a few bumps but nothing too bad. Besides being taken out I had a good time out there. I hope to be back for the first round of the southern downs.
    Steel Horse Performance
    +61 406 456 968

2012 RSV4 Factory

Quote Originally Posted by duff_boy View Post
    I'd be hitting that fuck stick up for money to repair your bike he trashed with his negligence !
    Not sticking up for the guy,But you can't go around hitting people up to repair your bike everytime there is an accident on track..

Sorry to here you come off Justin..Not good for the first race meet,but shrug it off and come back racing..Was good to see you there Friday.

I have that spare tail at home if you need it...Will call by when you're back at work to drop my bike in for a check on the dyno to see if we can iron out that flat spot..

Quote Originally Posted by nickd View Post
    Not sticking up for the guy,But you can't go around hitting people up to repair your bike everytime there is an accident on track..

Sorry to here you come off Justin..Not good for the first race meet,but shrug it off and come back racing..Was good to see you there Friday.

I have that spare tail at home if you need it...Will call by when you're back at work to drop my bike in for a check on the dyno to see if we can iron out that flat spot..
    Yea I agree Nick .... its all part of racing.... just was frustrated. I actually talked to Glen (the guy that took me out) before I packed up to go home for the day, just to make sure he was alright. Luckily enough he barely had a scratch on him, but his bike needed some work.

Thanks for the offer on the tail piece but I think I will be getting a whole new kit. I need to repaint my tank too and replace a few things.

If you can give me a week or so i should be able to clean up that flat spot once my hand and rest of body has healed up. Going to be and interesting week at work
    Steel Horse Performance
    +61 406 456 968

2012 RSV4 Factory

No worries Justin..Take care

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Quote Originally Posted by hdtech View Post
    Yea I agree Nick .... its all part of racing.... just was frustrated.
    Hmm racing yeah but i thought you said it was during quallifying?
    The first couple mins on the track were feeling magic. Then coming into a big down hill RH sweeper on the 2nd or 3rd lap in on the first round of qualifying another rider decided to come in underneath me. He lost his front and ended up taking out my rear tire putting me into a big high side at 180 - 190 kph. The bike landed on top of me a couple times.
    That's the kind of brainless move Marquez was pulling during Moto2 quallifying last season and getting flamed for ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12