Thread: BMW selling Husqvarna

BMW selling Husqvarna

it was always kind of a weird marriage, imho...

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=50731

apriliaforum expert
    Odd how quiet this all came about. Not sinister or anything like that, but I thought Husky brought a fan base to BMW they did not have.

That's interesting. BMW pumped a bunch of money in during the last few years. I didn't expect them to dump it.
    07 Tuono

I believe it is a positive step, what better for new owner, which by the way is not KTM but the CEO taking on a new challenge, BMW have done the hard part, state of the art R&D and factories, new Bikes launched, etc... I think he will build on that and the future is very exciting. Let's hope the first thing he does is a Nuda 900 RR

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    I think he will build on that and the future is very exciting. Let's hope the first thing he does is a Nuda 900 RR
    unfortunately (i guess?) it sounds like he plans to ditch the road bikes...

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...13-poll-husky/

Well I can't imagine BMW handing over their warmed-up Nuda motor to KTM - however, watch for it in future developments of BMW's parallel twin in range. Nor can I imagine KTM having a place for this relatively stodgy parallel twin in competition with their own road model range.

Perhaps a shotgun marriage between the now KTM owned brands of Husqvarna and Husaberg will produce something of interest.
    Gil
    'Its only rock n roll but I like it....'

Quote Originally Posted by shekel View Post
    Perhaps a shotgun marriage between the now KTM owned brands of Husqvarna and Husaberg will produce something of interest.
    I like how you think Shek.
    2011 Dorsoduro 750 - Black

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer gods than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. - Stephen F. Roberts

"The population of lonely people with eager willingness to be purposefully wrong is not to be underestimated." - Will Assaf

Quote Originally Posted by naimchase View Post
    Motorcycles are not just fun toys. They are a catalyst for the enjoyment of life. They enhance your own, and bring something out in those around you.
    Be open to the enthusiasm of riders and non-riders. You will be well rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by shekel View Post
    Well I can't imagine BMW handing over their warmed-up Nuda motor to KTM - however, watch for it in future developments of BMW's parallel twin in range. Nor can I imagine KTM having a place for this relatively stodgy parallel twin in competition with their own road model range.

yup the R800R is pretty much direct competitor to the nuda. Maybe BMW saw too much brand overlap. (haven't hear the best about the 800s either)

Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg View Post
    yup the R800R is pretty much direct competitor to the nuda. Maybe BMW saw too much brand overlap. (haven't hear the best about the 800s either)
    I demoed an F800GT. It was perfectly functional...but soulless.
    2011 Dorsoduro 750 - Black

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer gods than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. - Stephen F. Roberts

"The population of lonely people with eager willingness to be purposefully wrong is not to be underestimated." - Will Assaf

Quote Originally Posted by naimchase View Post
    Motorcycles are not just fun toys. They are a catalyst for the enjoyment of life. They enhance your own, and bring something out in those around you.
    Be open to the enthusiasm of riders and non-riders. You will be well rewarded.

My wife has an F800R, and I agree with Mardoch. No way does it excite any passion and even at 900cc in Nuda spec I can't imagine loving it. The GS crowd may go for it though.
    Gil

apriliaforum expert
    don't know about the roadies but the husky dirtbikes became even more unreliable under BMW control.
    I read an interview with the KTM CEO and he spoke about returning husky back to its MX roots, I hope they manage to do this, especially since KTM has not managed to crack the u.s. market in terms of MX and SX results on the racing side. Husky for the MX and SX and KTM for the enduro and desert stuff

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Does anyone know if KTM's Harold Bartoll is involved in this new venture? If so I am thinking they have a future...if not...well, we shall see.
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

More information here........http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...rand-from-bmw/ Sounds like the new owner will attempt to develop Husqvarna separate from KTM.
    Gil