Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bmw s1000rr hp4

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Alterego View Post
    LoL me too, someone saying BMW is boring is more like saying "I'm afraid to open it up"
    Actually it simply means I think it is boring. No need to put words in my mouth.

apriliaforum expert craigo298er's Avatar
    Went to my local BMW/Honda/Ducati/Aprilia dealer today. They had an HP4 on the floor and told me it was sold. A 20yr old kid in the Air Force came in, denied credit twice, so he got a cosigner. When outfitting himself with gear, the salesman told me the kid was upgrading from a Suzuki Bandit and was going to use this $25,000 machine to commute to and from the AF base. In two years, he plans on joining the AMA to do some races too!
    Wanna take bets on how long til it's on Craigslist with the phrase "only down once, slight damage"?
    2012 Tuono V4R Loaded for sale - maybe...considering keeping for a while

you can justify it treat yourself

2007 BMW R1200GS Adventure for sale

Back Massager Expert William the Third's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by craigo298er View Post
    Wanna take bets on how long til it's on Craigslist with the phrase "only down once, slight damage"?
    I'll bet it's down within 500 feet of the dealer after picking it up.
    #1 Forum Loser

1973 Harley-Davidson Aermacchi Z-90 - Restoration project
    1983 Kawasaki KZ750 Spectre - Fathers old bike
    1998 Kawasaki KE100 - My first bike at 14
    1998 Laverda Ghost Strike 668 - A fun little bike
    1999 Aprilia RS250 - Track bike
    2001 Aprilia RSV Mille - My first Aprilia
    2007 Aprilia SR50R Factory - My babe magnet
    2009 Aprilia SR50R Factory - My "help me I have a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator35X View Post
    Hey evryone im new to the forums so, i thought i'd start off with something thats pretty intresting. The new BMW S1000RR HP4 looks something crafted by the gods of speed. My Old man bought the 2011 bmw s1000rr and he loved it he bought a shroud to cover up the space that was left by caytalic converter and put a full Akrapovic system on it and it sounded sweet. Anyway just thought this would be a nice conversation starter, let me know what you all think about it.
    Attachment 208536.Attachment 208550Attachment 208549
    nice bike... no aprilia though!

Let's talk a little bit more about the HP2.

With the new water cooled heads it should get a boost in HP. That is one nice ride. I rode an early version and loved the feel. They get that thing up to 140-150 and it will will sell sell sell. I could possibly be convinced to part with my '01 Mille.
    "I feel strongly both ways."

'01 Mille Blue - Mods (a bunch but not enough)

Former rides:
    '92 VFR750F
    '89 NT650 Hawk GT
    '63 CB77 Super Hawk

apriliaforum Member
    You know the s1000rr is an amazing bike, but it doesnt have the same soul. My dad has the s1000rr and it handles great and has insane power, but I still look forward to getting on my old 996

apriliaforum expert The Commissar's Avatar
    Soul they say.

All 1000's have soul. All have very different temperaments. V-twin, inline, V4, whatever.

S1000RR's are only guilty of doing everything right. It's comfy and fast without being Busa pigfat.

If they had a lower price point and/or BMW dealerships didn't like to go on raping sprees, you'd see even more of the fucking things flocking around.

That and it's so unspeakably ugly that it offends me.

Now 600s...

Talk about appliances.

Quote Originally Posted by dos531 View Post
    You know the s1000rr is an amazing bike, but it doesnt have the same soul. My dad has the s1000rr and it handles great and has insane power, but I still look forward to getting on my old 996
    I couldn't agree with you more!
    Digital Sky Design (My Web Design Company)

2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory aPRC
    1969 Camaro SS
    2003 BMW M3

apriliaforum Member
    The problem with the s1000rr is that its so generic. Its fantastic, but it feels and sounds like any jap bike. Its not just the i4 engine, because MV manages to distinguish themselves with the same configuration.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Commissar View Post
    Soul they say.

All 1000's have soul. All have very different temperaments. V-twin, inline, V4, whatever.

S1000RR's are only guilty of doing everything right. It's comfy and fast without being Busa pigfat.

If they had a lower price point and/or BMW dealerships didn't like to go on raping sprees, you'd see even more of the fucking things flocking around.

That and it's so unspeakably ugly that it offends me.

Now 600s...

Talk about appliances.

Wonder what kind of maintenance and repair history will form on that boat full of electrical goodies? It is enticing to say the least, but I can see it needing to be in a shop some and the costs being pricey when things go wrong. Which matters to a lot of people....exp those riding the boring 180HP R1s and CBR 1000RRs and ZX 10s & stuff.

I climb aboard my 75HP 92' Ducati Superlite and I realize that it gives me about as much riding pleasure as a person could want for the street. Sound, looks, torque, handling stability, sound...uh. Whatever blows your skirt up. I guess I'm kinda stuck in that era. The 1098R may be the best motorcycle I have ever ridden, though.....but it's fucking scary fast for my lame ass. All the 1000's are that way. Hard to use that power on the street a lot without regular visits to the judge.
    What the Fuck, Over.

apriliaforum expert The Commissar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dos531 View Post
    The problem with the s1000rr is that its so generic. Its fantastic, but it feels and sounds like any jap bike. Its not just the i4 engine, because MV manages to distinguish themselves with the same configuration.
    I argue that none of the Japanese 1000's are generic except for Suzuki. The current Honda has loads of mid-range. The current ZX10 is a joy to ride, and its older brothers are absolutely mental. The current R1 sounds and feels like a caged monster wearing a muzzle. The S1000 is simply too good, it does everything its competition does...but better. That's both its greatest accomplishment, and its greatest failure.

As a race bred steed, the S1000 is a failure. As an absolutely psychotic yet practical street machine, it's fantastic.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by The Commissar View Post
    I argue that none of the Japanese 1000's are generic except for Suzuki.

true. most squids are attracted to Suzuki like a moth to a flame. my experiences are in general Suzuki make more hp and tend to also to be a little less reliable.
    Last edited by shhaker; 12-28-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Out of the I4 bikes, I think the GSXR's have some of the most character. They have a great sounding howl to their exhaust.
    94 RVF400, 11 RSV4F

apriliaforum expert uberchicken's Avatar
    I really like the gsxr 600 and 750 for track bikes. Very easy to ride, to me anyway. The fact that they were easy to find cheap and came with tons of spares was nice too!
    UBERCHICKEN

2007 BMW K1200R Sport

apriliaforum prov-nov
    This bike is amazing, PERIOD. I know the 2011 had a factory engine reversal but aside from that. It is one of, if not the best production motorcycle out there. My .02

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast