Page 3 of 165 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What's in the AF1 Shop (Volume II)

joining the new "what's in the shop thread"!!!
    ECU tuning and reflashes since 2004!
    www.gabroracingteam.it

Visit my FB page and like it!
    https://www.facebook.com/gabroracingteam

Well I learned something today. Oklahoma City has real gas, not corn syrup! My T breathed a sigh of relief...

The R6 is one piece, sans a Graves fairing stay.

The SR500 is a cool bike. Back in the '80's that was a very popular club racing bike. Somewhat fast, in the day, cheap to run, and make a lot of noise. My buddy Dan Trammel would pass my RD400, and I could hear him coming for half a lap away. That was fun back then.

Thanks to the "Cafe Racer" craze, SR500s are going for $2,500+!!! Fags...

But I digress...
    Pete

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Oklahoma is awesome for their more or less E0 everywhere you go! Hell with the STC I carry for my plane I can legally fill up at the pump with 87 in OK, car gas...much cheaper than 100LL avgas. Think I am going to go hit the skies again this evening for an hour or so, get some more landing practice in on what may be one of the last good weather VFR days for a little bit depending on track of our new Tropical storm...please come get me storm, please!

My SR500 had the normal mods, VM Smoothbore carb with big pod fiter, SuperTrapp pipe, jetted well, ignition kit and a few other goodies like an oil cooler and temp gauges for CHT and oil and such...oh yeah, a no shit 28djhp! On Rain Tires though that thing was some sort of twisted 1970's magic carpet, I still remember the first time I ground the pipe HARD in wet conditions...scary but awesome! If I ever make my jump to hyperspace and living in the Southern Hemisphere I will choose a place with plenty of rain and have another rain bike. I liked the "rain bike" thing so much that at one time I had 5 FZ750/700 Yamaha's of which three were runners, you can guess that the mildest mannered of those three was setup to be a "wet bike".

Welcome Gabro, if you know anyone else on "subscription" to the shop thread let them know to move onto volume II now that I have run out of space for the first edition.

BTW, if any of you are subscribers to "Ultimate Motorcycling" there is an awesome surprise in the next issue, much of it may look familiar, like you have seen that bike and those pics somewhere before! I finally got a Centerfold! My pic of the Punisher leaving the line at the exact moment it passed in front of the rising sun at Texas Mile is a 2 page spread and the Punisher gets 8 pages total of play!
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

Quote Originally Posted by Micah / AF1 Racing View Post
    Welcome Gabro, if you know anyone else on "subscription" to the shop thread let them know to move onto volume II now that I have run out of space for the first edition.
    maybe the best way is you to put a message in the old topic, ttelling the subscriber to move here!
    ECU tuning and reflashes since 2004!
    www.gabroracingteam.it

Visit my FB page and like it!
    https://www.facebook.com/gabroracingteam

apriliaforum expert PlatinumRSV's Avatar
    Subscribed again - here's to the beginning of another 5,000+ post thread
    -=Steve=-

2001 Aprilia RSV Mille - SOLD - Custom Paint / Chrome Wheels / Leo Vince High Mount / Integrated Tail Lights / Yamaha Starter Relay / TruGel Battery / Fender Eliminator

2004 Aprilia RSVR Factory - Akrapovič Full System / Sato Rear Sets / Apex Adjustable Clip-Ons / Puig Windscreen / Spiegler Brake & Clutch Lines / AF1 Lowering Links / Adjustable Kickstand / Fork & Swing-arm Sliders / Fender Eliminator

RareSportBikesForSale.com | Adam Carolla CarCast | German Cars For Sale Blog | AF1 Racing

apriliaforum expert
    I just wanted to chime in and say what a great thread this has always been. While I have been on the forum since the beginning of the original thread, I have not always read every page religiously. I do however check in and scroll through because I feel the need to, it's interesting, informative, and just a quality use of the forum medium. I felt the need to reinforce that it's an example all other dealerships should pay attention to, bikes, cars, whatever the product.

I know this is a "Micah" thread more than anything, but to see what goes on in the shop and that a dealer cares about servicing its product is fantastic for the dealer/customer relationship. There is such a stigma against dealer and mechanic servicing, especially on the automotive side to me. I believe they are generally viewed almost as con artists with regards as to how they treat customers and the product they service. This thread alone would have been enough to hold AF1 above and beyond any of the competition regardless of how outstanding they are in other aspects of the business. The fact that you Micah also happen to be a thoughtful and interesting person willing to share some of your personal life and hobbies as well makes it all the more outstanding and interesting.

Anytime I've ever needed to drop something off for dealer warranty work or a major service I have had anxiety and a feeling of uncomfortable uncertainty of what result awaits me. You are a shining example for others to follow both as a person and as a professional.
    part weight comparisons - click here:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...bA&output=html

2000 Yamaha YZ125
    2002 aprilia Caponord
    2007 aprilia RSVR
    2008 KTM 690 SMC / Enduro R

Damn, thanks man. Just woke and a bit foggy but that was very nice you you to say, much appreciated.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

Micah Shoemaker, Shining Example. Hmmm. Shine on, you crazy diamond.
    Bikes:
    2007.5 Tuono-Black, with 1102cc's of micah's badness!
    2012 Griso-Silver and black, Agostini pipe, some carbon bits.
    2006 Vespa GT200-bitubo suspension all around, Malossi big-bore, head and cam, Akrapovic pipe, all put together by Micah.

gone 2002 Caponord-Oyster gray (as faithful as a hound dog)
    gone Futura-Red (on the AF1 showroom floor. Get some.)

The more I learn about people, the more I appreciate rocks.

You reached for the secret too soon, you cried at the moon.

Best applicable Pink Floyd right now would be: "Learning to fly", that one is a regular soundtrack in my head lately.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

Racing SERVICE Competition Steve / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Micah Brazing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (11).jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	135.9 KB 
ID:	196080
    AF1 Racing, inc / ApriliaForum.com
    9900 North Interstate 35
    Austin, Texas 78753
    direct:512-459-3966 fax:512-482-8319

Currently:
    '97 RS125 Two Stroke

Previously:
    '00.5 Mille & '97 RS250.

^^^ Man at least put some Oakleys on!
    Pete

That was low temp brazing when practicing to repair a high pressure hydraulic line on my car. Worked like a champ, I just got in a new OBD scanner/code killer and a BMW SRS reset tool to get rid of the last warning lights on my dash...so novel that will be to drive. For $75 I also found a way around my lack of a functional radio receiver in that car...all through my iPhone/touch/pod/pad now. Cannot wait to try out aviation apps in plane and ccar now...weather and traffic overlays together at last!

If welding anything other than spots I wear a full mask, I like my eyesight and having lost one eye for three months in a welding accident in high school I know the value of proper welding safety gear. I was told at the time I would never regain vision in that eye, it took about five years to get back to crystal clear BUT it not only came back and super crisp when I took my aviation physical I scored the best eyesight the examiner had ever tested and he started out as an AME in the service. Got very lucky there.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

I've achieved 'lurker' status. Almost 9 years on the forum and this is my favorite thread. Now I'm subscribed anew.
    "I feel strongly both ways."

'01 Mille Blue - Mods (a bunch but not enough)

Former rides:
    '92 VFR750F
    '89 NT650 Hawk GT
    '63 CB77 Super Hawk

Sorry for extremely slow pace of updates recently, all of my spare time has been getting used up at flight school and last night I finished the ground portion and passed the exam on first attempt. The solo flight is only days away now...getting really excited and very soon it is time to switch from rental Cessna 172's into my Cessna 150M full time which will save me roughly $105/hour in training costs! I will post some updates soon, I have a hellish backlog of files on memory cards waiting for edit so when I do get around to next update it should be decent at least!

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

Congrats Micah, big accomplishment.
    CMRA

Sidi Boots
    Motonation
    Vesrah Brakes