Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rossi to Honda mark my words

apriliaforum expert

Rossi to Honda mark my words

Rossi to Honda , gonna have a bet on that at the bookies , think theres been some talking going on before French GP

Honda like to win and so does Rossi

Eddie

Where he goes is not really important right now but you may well be right... I think that was the most important race of his career cos he's come back from the abyss and this has tested his depth of character like nothing elsein his life.
    The real talking point is Lorenzo fucking off into the distance but thats like a bright star trying to shine when the sun out????NO ONEs going to notice.

apriliaforum expert
    Well the top man at Honda annouced there would be no way they would have two Spanish riders in the same team , and that he had offered to almost double Caseys Stoner money for him to stay with them , in the world of big buisness memories are very short when theresmoney to be made , if share holders want it , they get there way

Eddie

"If he does" would it be seen as Rossi crawling back on his knees groveling to Honda to take him back?
    Honda probably doesn't need Rossi but if he leaves ducrappi Rossi will defenately need Honda or YAMAHA for that matter
    So the bargaining power is surely on the side of the manufacturers .

Not sure what contracts are up at the end of this year, except the Monster teams dilemma with Crutchlow and Dovi...and I'm not sur Dovi would go back to Honda

I think even Rossi would want to stay with Ducati and prove a point, so how many other aliens or near aliens would be looking for a factory seat?

Crutchlow on a factory Honda....now that would be interesting, if not then he should get Spies seat...he is doing nothing but qualifying ok then going backwards with every race being worse than the last!
    07 Tuono R
    ZXR 400 race bike

apriliaforum expert frogfeaturesFZR's Avatar
    Rossi brings HUGE sponsorship with him, and publicity for whoever he signs with. I don't think money is the bottom line, he wants a competitive ride.
    Whatungarongaro te tangata toitū te whenua

Man shall disappear, but the land always remains

Quote Originally Posted by eddie v twin View Post
    Rossi to Honda , gonna have a bet on that at the bookies , think theres been some talking going on before French GP

Honda like to win and so does Rossi

Eddie
    I will mark your words Eddie, but mark mine, no way will HRC have him back. He blotted his copy book with them, he's at the end of his career, and as Lou Reed said, "stick a fork in their arses and roll them over, they're done". No matter the publicity, no matter the sponsorship, the Japanese don't accommodate being dissed' by a rider, HRC in particular. Look where that type of attitude got Max!

I reckon that sweet Honda has a young Brits name stamped on it, and I do so hope Cal gets the gig, as he's a contender on the right kit.
    Last edited by Nonno; 05-21-2012 at 08:50 AM. Reason: typo

i'm thinking Bradl. HRC always goes for young talent. He's already getting familiar with the Honda this year and he's doing pretty damn good for his first year. They will keep Pedrosa as their main man and bring up Bradl as their newcomer. If not Bradl, then Cal. Either way is fine with me. Both are top notch riders and guys without big heads. Both deserve it.

I want to know what is going to happen to Spies?.....i mean i will honestly be suprised if he has any ride next year. I'm thinking Bradl to HRC and Cal to the Factory Yamaha team replacing Spies.
    2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R

1999 Aprilia RS50

1997 Honda CBR 900RR (Deutschland Bike)

2001 Honda RC51 SP1

2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)

2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Nonno View Post
    I will mark your words Eddie, but mark mine, no way will HRC have him back. He blotted his copy book with them, he's at the end of his career, and as Lou Reed said, "stick a fork in there arses and roll them over, they're done". No matter the publicity, no matter the sponsorship, the Japanese don't accommodate being dissed' by a rider, HRC in particular. Look where that type of attitude got Max!

I reckon that sweet Honda has a young Brits name stamped on it, and I do so hope Cal gets the gig, as he's a contender on the right kit.
    Honda will arm wrestle Dorna to scrap the rookie on a satellite bike rule and have Marquez next to Pedrosa. At the end money talks. Crutchlow doesn't have the same amount of money behind him, Marquez is being ushered by Repsol.
    Just my 0.2c
    Gaucho

if he doesn't win Moto2 this year, i think that door will close. Chances are he will win, but he's still got a fight ahead of him. Marquez to San Carlo or Bradl's bike. Bradl to HRC.
    2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R

1999 Aprilia RS50

1997 Honda CBR 900RR (Deutschland Bike)

2001 Honda RC51 SP1

2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)

2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)

apriliaforum expert cggunnersmate's Avatar
    I don't know what's going on with Ben. He started slow last year so he's off to a similar, if slightly worse start so he could turn things around like last year. Granted the Le Man race is a bit of a mulligan. EVERYONE on the inside line of the starting grid spun up off the start (with Randy getting the worst of it) and it conditions like that, you have to take the results with a grain of salt.

Still, I expected the 1000cc bike to suit him more and it has yet to do so. I don't know why he seems to have worse chatter issues than any other Yamaha rider. Still, he won a race last year (in the dry) and podiumed. He deserves to stay in MotoGP. I hope he turns the season arounds and fights at the front again and keeps his ride next year. If he does lose the factory ride one can always hope Tech3 will take him back if he wanted (though if Herve wants to bring up Smith if either Cal or Dovi move to the factory squad then Ben will have to look elsewhere. I've no doubt he could get another ride. Ducati could be an option if Rossi or Hayden leave (Rossi seems more likely and I don't know when Nicky's contract is up). But I don't know if Ben would want to take the risk if he was offered the ride.

Though if Ezplezeta gets his way, 2013 could see the gulf between the prototypes and CRT shrink and the CRT's may not be so bad a ride. Though I think I'd rater see Ben back in SBK than a CRT. Especially if Yamaha competes again or if he could get an Aprilia ride (maybe Max will be ready to retire). Still, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope Ben can turn his season around and fight for the podium and wins again. He's got the talent.

I like De Puniet but he's too hot and cold. I don't know if he will ever be able to get back on a prototype.

As for Rossi, I guess it depends on how much and if he can improve on the Duc. If he leaves then depending on how much/little he's willing to be paid could see him just about anywhere maybe. I think he'd be a consistent threat for podiums and wins on even a satellite Yamaha or Honda. Hell, he could probably afford to start his own satellite Yahama squad with just him as the rider. As well as others have done on the Tech3 bikes, I believe he could win on it. A championship may be a stretch but I know he'd pull wins.
    Last edited by cggunnersmate; 05-21-2012 at 11:01 AM.
    Brent
    Chief Gunnersmate
    U.S. Coast Guard
    Cape Cod
    '03 Tuono
    '01 Speed Triple (RIP) 8/26/11

apriliaforum expert Cryogeneric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cggunnersmate View Post
    I don't know what's going on with Ben. He started slow last year so he's off to a similar, if slightly worse start so he could turn things around like last year. Granted the Le Man race is a bit of a mulligan. EVERYONE on the inside line of the starting grid spun up off the start (with Randy getting the worst of it) and it conditions like that, you have to take the results with a grain of salt.

Still, I expected the 1000cc bike to suit him more and it has yet to do so. I don't know why he seems to have worse chatter issues than any other Yamaha rider. Still, he won a race last year (in the dry) and podiumed. He deserves to stay in MotoGP. I hope he turns the season arounds and fights at the front again and keeps his ride next year. If he does lose the factory ride one can always hope Tech3 will take him back if he wanted (though if Herve wants to bring up Smith if either Cal or Dovi move to the factory squad then Ben will have to look elsewhere. I've no doubt he could get another ride. Ducati could be an option if Rossi or Hayden leave (Rossi seems more likely and I don't know when Nicky's contract is up). But I don't know if Ben would want to take the risk if he was offered the ride.

Though if Ezplezeta gets his way, 2013 could see the gulf between the prototypes and CRT shrink and the CRT's may not be so bad a ride. Though I think I'd rater see Ben back in SBK than a CRT. Especially if Yamaha competes again or if he could get an Aprilia ride (maybe Max will be ready to retire). Still, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope Ben can turn his season around and fight for the podium and wins again. He's got the talent.
    In my opinion, Ben seems like the kind of guy that would most likely take the Bayliss route and go back to WSBK. Of course, that's assuming he's not going to turn things around in motogp. It's not totally impossible to keep his ride at Yamaha but at this point he would need to do something really special. Simply beating Dovi and Cal probably won't be enough.

apriliaforum Junkie
    IMHO, it is way too early to declare "Rossi is back!" He has always been very good in the wet...yesterday was no exception. Unless there are a lot of wet races this season, he will be in the 5-7 position for much of the year. I hope I eat those words, but I don't think Ducati has found the answer yet.

Remember that many top-level riders refer to rain as the great equilizer. What yesterday does show is that VR has the drive and the talent to put a motorcycle on the box w/o the riders in front crashing out. Given the conditions and having both Tech 3 bikes pass him at one point, it does show he still has it at his core. he may never get on well enough on the Desmosedici to make up the last .5-1.0 second/lap to run at the front, but I don't think his ability should be in question as a whole.

Casey said during the press conferance that he expected VR to come by much earlier in the race. Rossi didn't want to repeat Jerez 2011 and risk taking them both out and CS acknowleged it, which is probably why they gave each other kudos at the end of the race.

Regardless of that what race means in the grande scheme, it was good to see some battles and to see VR make it to the middle step at the end.
    Last edited by Chris_Mag; 05-21-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    CURRENT BIKE
    2011 RSV4R APRC
    RIP to my 2003 Tuono. May she live on within other's RSV's.

"Stand up, you know what it means
    Wake up, time to live your dreams"

apriliaforum expert Prilliant03's Avatar
    Jeremy Burgess made the important point that MotoGP is essentially a summer sport. Rain races will always be the exception to the rule. A bike that is only competitive in the wet is not a competitive bike.

I would love to see Rossi back to challenging for every race win, but fear that is still some distance away.
    "Life is like a sewer. You only get out of it what you put in."

Tom Lehrer.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast