Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Casey Stoner Retiering After 2012 Season OFFICIAL

apriliaforum Member
    I have seen a few write ups on the subject of limiting costs, some by ex racers or 'experts' that seem to hit the nail on the head..

To maximize competitiveness, cost effectiveness, and good racing...

-Don't constantly move the target
    -Keep a set of regulations which may be tweaked, but do not require the complete re-engineering of an engine every two years.. Allowing more manufacturers to take part in a series which allows them to develop technologies to trickle down to their other offerings. Potentially even engine head trickle down to lesser cc classes.

By the way, we else thinks the number of cylinders being set to 4 is completely ridiculous for a world championship series which is supposed to promote the highest technology and development...

It just seems like we've gotten locked into a set of rules just for the sake of control.

Worthwhile listen for those who want some insight into Dorna vs MSMA, etc.

http://www.soupkast.com/kast/soupkast146.mp3
    CURRENT BIKE
    2011 RSV4R APRC
    RIP to my 2003 Tuono. May she live on within other's RSV's.

"Stand up, you know what it means
    Wake up, time to live your dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by colo_rider View Post
    Stoner's a true bitch. He stated that he doesn't like the direction Dorna is going - meaning CRT. Waaaa! In his view, the grid should only include $5M prototyes. And he's only happy when his particular machine is the class of the class. He just doesn't get it. The factories have priced themselves into the CRT era. Sponshorship is hard to get. Fans want racing, not a procession - and Moto2 has provided great racing. The premier class needs to respond. Best he leaves rather than be a very talented griper. He will be replaced - better to give the ride to someone who understands his job.

Cockhead
    2002 RSV1000 Mille

apriliaforum expert
    Question on these CRT bikes.

If you had Bayliss on a full factory Ducati WSB lining up on the grid up each week, could he keep up and win races with these second rates GP bikes?

Quote Originally Posted by fredgreen View Post
    Question on these CRT bikes.

If you had Bayliss on a full factory Ducati WSB lining up on the grid up each week, could he keep up and win races with these second rates GP bikes?
    Because they only have 12 motors for the year they arn't as tuned as the World supers so I'm sure that the ape4 in supers could probably beat them and probably some sat bikes as well.
    The legend oh I mean Bayliss would probably run near the front

Quote Originally Posted by ZutAlors View Post
    Other way round, surely.

The CRT bikes can do things the SBKs can't - totally gut and rebuild every component on the engine, right down to casting new everything, changing the FI, the ECU, the crankcases, crank, firing order, conrods, cams, everything...
    They can't rebuild during the season though can they?

I know the ape that Randy Andy rides has less horsepower than Maxs bike has.

The world supers engine gets rebuilt every 500ks or so and they wanted the CRT motors 1500/2000 ks or so hence the lower tune

Hey colonrider, ya draw that avatar yourself at kindy? Your outta wack mate!
    2 eyes,2ears,2hands,2feet----TWO CYLINDERS

Falco Mods-K&N Filter,EVO airbox & stacks,SL Carbons ,Penske 8983, carbon front mudguard, dash,top yoke, swingarm covers and sprocket cover, bellypan, billet bar ends and levers, tinted screen & headlight cover, braided brake/clutch lines, Evoluzione clutch slave, Mille oil tank, Sargeant seat, tail tidy, Gilles vario bars, Mille swinger, Rad-cooler guards, Gabro chip more to come
    DD 1200 - Gel seat, Arrows & map, shock tube, EVO Tail tidy, rad and oil guard, DNA Stage 2, Lightech bolt kit, billet resi caps.
    2006 SR50 - Morini motor - My $100 dollar resto project, underway currently.

Writus Moderatus
    Quote Originally Posted by ape66 View Post
    They can't rebuild during the season though can they?

I know the ape that Randy Andy rides has less horsepower than Maxs bike has.

The world supers engine gets rebuilt every 500ks or so and they wanted the CRT motors 1500/2000 ks or so hence the lower tune
    You're correct as far as i know. The CRT have the potential to be in a much higher state of tune, but there isn't a single bike on the grid using that potential. In part it is because of the engine allocation, in part it is because Aprilia wanted to focus on chassis design. Gigi stated so in one or two interviews a while back. I believe that the word in the paddock is that Max went through roughly double the GP allocation of engines during a WSBK season, so they have some work to do there. If they can get it sorted though - making big power with fewer rebuilds - the trickle down to WSBK could give that team a massive boost.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910