Thread: what the hell are well nuts used for

apriliaforum Junkie

what the hell are well nuts used for

I am getting to the part were the fairings go on and looking for the screws needed and the parts fiche calls for well nuts i allready prefit one side with what i was given so i could see where what size screws went where but now looking at the diagrams these wellnuts are supposed tro be some where but dont see where they are needed

Tecnologia Reparto Corse RS_Patrick's Avatar
    Wich Well Nuts you mean exactly? there are a couple of difrent ones on these bikes mate, for the fairings, fueltank, and for the windshield

apriliaforum Junkie
    that is my issue i dont really know were they go it shows them one time in the parts fiche for the fairings i have seen kits for windscreens but dont see the need for them I put all the fairings on one side with out them and dont even see were they would be needed there are the metal clips that the bolts screw into

If you got a pic of the ones your talking about i can tell you where they go.

I was thinking you also ment the metal clips mate.

Did you look at easyparts.nl in the original parts diagrams?

apriliaforum Junkie
    yup they are a rubber piece with a brass threaded center . Thats were i found them then went to confirm on other sites

Yeah, but give me a link or something to them mate, on the parts diagram with the number or what ever, because the only well nuts you describe are on a SR50 (old model, front intake scoops), not on a RS50...

So where did you see them on a Diagram? thats my question...

apriliaforum Junkie
    number 8 in the central body diagram aprilia rs 50 1997 i did the grey one they offer a couple colors

Seems clear to me where they go, 2 where the airscoops go, and 1 more a bit to the back to the top of the fairing... they fix the front fairing and the 2 inner parts (one side has the filler cap for the cooling) to the side fairing.

apriliaforum Junkie
    ok that makes sence now that you say it but why is it say there is a need for 20 . unless they must go every where there are no clips but the plastics connect . duh sometimes having someone else look at it and then explain what they see makes a difference lol I feel a little dumb as it was pretty obvious. by the way what do you use for anti freeze regular stuff or is there special stuff

20?... think you just need 6... maybe a few more i missed, but not 20...

Motocool or any other motorcycle cooling fluid thats ready to use, dont use stuff that you have to mix your self.
    You only need a littre, and if you buy other cooling fluids that are ready to use make sure it says its suitable for alloy engines.